Search results

  1. Beating the plateau at low intermediate level

    Playing the G1 myself, I absolutely love the rubber but I think its design is definitely catered to aggressive playstyle. I liked the C1 on my backhand but quickly found that it did not have the ceiling I was after and the softer sponge seemed to wear out quicker than my G1 (I am not gentle with...
  2. Beating the plateau at low intermediate level

    Yep, that was my conclusion too. Somewhere in the middle-ground to give some base speed and quality, but not so demanding a rubber that requires commitment on every shot.
  3. Beating the plateau at low intermediate level

    Just based on what you've described in this thread, I would say that going for one of the carbon blades and a rubber with decent catapult on your main attacking side, then opting for a more controlled rubber that lets you play more relaxed and natural on your weaker wing. That way you are...
  4. Beating the plateau at low intermediate level

    Out of curiosity - what blade were you using when you had this feeling? Because if you feel like you played great with the Tenergy 05 but that it was too demanding, then a more forgiving rubber but with a faster blade might give you that sweet spot of effort-to-output ratio. I would also agree...
  5. new rubbers recomenndation on Harimoto Innerforce ALC

    In my experience I found Rakza 7 to be noticeably less spinnt and fast than G1. It is still quite spinny and has decent speed, but I found opening loops, counters and smashes to all be much better on G1. The extra stability of the Harimoto ALC might help, but my own blade/rubber forehand...
  6. Recommendation for FH and BH rubbers

    I've used multiple Rakza 7 and G1 sheets and there is a 1-2g difference at most. If you are comfortable with making committed strokes on your FH and you like the Rakza 7, I would say the G1 is a very natural step up. Vega X would also be. Haven't played with the Vega Pro myself but most...
  7. new rubbers recomenndation on Harimoto Innerforce ALC

    The carbon blade itself will give you a bit more bounce. If you do change, Tenergy 19 is a good option for BH like you said, but if you do that as well as changing blade I would keep the G1 on FH. Tenergy 19 on carbon will feel like a lot less effort I think, and you might find that the energy...
  8. Recommendation for FH and BH rubbers

    Fastarc G1 is more powerful and spinny than Rakza 7, and less bouncy than Rozena in the short game. The tradeoff is that you will need to play more actively to get that from it.
  9. Natural progression from accoustic

    I went from Tibhar SPW (5 ply,Limba-Ayous) to the Harimoto Innerforce ALC and I don't feel there has been any issues with consistency. One thing to take into account is that my SPW was 94g though, which is quite heavy. My Harimoto ALC is 90g. The main difference is that blocks, smashes and...
  10. Whats the best and worst combos you’ve tried equipmentwise

    Best Forehand: Fastarc G1 on Harimoto Inner ALC. Backhand: Vega X on Koki Niwa Wood Worst Tried someone's 5ply with unboosted tacky rubbers. Exhausting to play.
  11. What’s the better glue in your opinion?

    I've used the Yasaka Norisuke, as well as DHS no.15. Norisuke is quite thin, so I would use at least 3 layers on rubber and 1-2 on blade (3+1 is what I used and had no issues). DHS is fine with 2+1. It's slightly harder to work with, I had to clean and re-do one side of the blade the first time...
  12. Thoughts on Rakza 7 on Timo Boll ALC?

    There's a pretty big difference between the Hybrid H and Rakza 7. The Rakza is not just softer sponge, but also has a softer topsheet as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with the Rakza 7 (it's a fantastic rubber in my opinion), but when you say more "balanced" - what sort of issues...
  13. New FH Rubber (Glayzer, Fastarc G1, Omega VII Pro)

    I had a similar experience the first time I used G1 on a carbon blade. I was a bit shocked when I first swapped to Innerforce ALC from my Stratus Power Wood and thought maybe I had gotten a bad sheet or underestimated how different carbon would feel, but after a few hours of play the G1 seemed...
  14. Fastarc G-1: lightweight alternatives

    Personally I would go with Fastarc C1. I found it consistently 2-3g lighter than my G1. It also feels quite similar to G1 and the topsheet is quite durable. The softer sponge does lose some of its bounce, but it happens gradually. My C1 sheets lasted longer than the Rakza 7 I had previously...
  15. In-depth look at Tibhar equipment. Any feedback you'd like to share?

    Tibhar blades have the best handle design for me. Most comfortable blade I ever played with was my Stratus Power Wood. Unfortunately most retailers around me don't have much selection of Tibhar blades though, so I settled on Butterfly when I eventually wanted to move to carbon.
  16. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Apart from very beginning players, once players reach an intermediate level I think it's much more to do with the type of player than the overall skill level. Some intermediate players are very active and will go for faster and more aggressive shots. Others might have a tendency to push more...
  17. Fastarc C1 vs Rakza 7

    I used Rakza 7 for about 9months on BH (2 sheets total). Now use C1 for about 2 months. Rakza 7 is very good but I find the C1 better. I think the C1 generates more spin when looping and pushing, and is better for blocking. I found Rakza 7 sometimes felt a bit dead when blocking and the ball...
Top