My sweet spot is 159-164 grams-I use thin sponge LP or LP OX on one side. No booster on my max inverted.
But I frankly oppose a weight maximum or limit. I like variety. Also scared someone is gonna take my pips away!
One thing I think is overlooked is that EJing makes more sense for mixed rubber players. If I played double inverted I think there is MUCH less impetus to EJ. But as a LP player I am always looking for more control on my BH with good power on my FH-whether it is related to blade, LP rubber or...
DF VP was a nice rubber at first, but I tried to change blades with it and the sponge totally cracked. No booster, just light revolution speed glue. I can see it working if you have a fast carbon blade and don't change rubbers often.
Wow, that two face ALC blade really looks asymmetric! Have you found the holy grail for LP players??? I am tempted, even though I avoid balsa blades like the plague.
The hardest part of this thread is the implication that a "hitter" is not a proper style of table tennis. Of course it is different, but it is a traditional and respected (well at least by me) style.
The second is the arbitrary separation of hitting from looping. Topspin is on a continuum.
A...
The ball is important, that said there are SO MANY other variables (table, opponents equipment, opponents stroke, elevation, humidity, etc) that I am a firm believer in using a variety of balls to get used to variation. IMHO.
Inner carbon.
Or faster 7 ply wood.
Most importantly, stay with the same blade (you can have a backup) for at least a year.
It really doesn't matter much.
Really.
One thing in this long discussion that is overlooked is just how bad one player can make another player look in a match. I have learned this can happen at all levels. Sometimes it is due to style or experience of level, but if you watch enough table tennis you can see a player make a very good...
I have used other Sword blades before and the quality was as good as what I use now (Yasaka Falck W7). I suspect it is a quality blade. Certainly billed as a chopping blade. I am sure it is quality. But is it good for your game? Only one way to find out. What pulls you away from the Victas...
I approach this question as a LP player. What equipment do I fear when I play similar rated players at a tournament?? SP hitters are the worst! I don't care what blade you have. If you can hit with antispin or LP I also dread you, but really no one at my lower level can consistently hit with...
What is the point of all this discussion on the specific woods for a composite blade? To me its either all wood or composite and if composite is it inner or outer composite? This is a very reasonably priced blade in you want an inner composite. I think the fact that it is composite mitigates the...