Search results

  1. Can a European Forehand have advantages over a Chinese style forehand?

    Good to know! I’ll be more aware on what I consume on the internet and hope that I don’t get table tennis stroke poisoning.
  2. Can a European Forehand have advantages over a Chinese style forehand?

    I encountered this question when I changed to Shakehand. For rallying forehand topspins, I feel that a bent forearm seems more consistent especially in fast encounters. Sure, a straight arm forehand backswing gets additional power, but seems like a bent forearm position allows higher margin of...
  3. How much does a blade handle affect gameplay?

    I hold more of a TPB grip. For other blades I have less of an issue having the blade parallel when I want power on my shots. In retrospect, I think it’s more of a blade problem since I had to excessively contort my arms to compensate my inability to thumb press on the racket (which caused...
  4. How much does a blade handle affect gameplay?

    For some context, I am a penholder (no coaching, low intermediate) that is using a Yinhe Uranus 3 CS blade with Mercury II medium rubbers on both sides. I find myself unable to close the racket due to the wideness of the blade handle, and probably also due to my flawed technique (ie...
  5. TPB Penhold Short Pips or Inverted

    Is TPB penhold more suitable for inverted or short pimples? I’ve been playing with both RPB and TPB with inverted rubbers for some months now, but I still have some glaring weaknesses in the backhand. My issue for RPB is that when in an actual competition I can’t transition from forehand to...
Top