Search results

  1. Harimoto vs Ovtcharov blade

    Do consider the handle/grip. Ovt. Inner ALC has larger handle compared to Harimoto series. If you are particular about this fact and find adjustments difficult then do consider this part before switching.
  2. When should I back away from the table?

    The distance from the table is also dependent on the player's height and his or her physiology. If you are tall or have long arms, your terminology of 'far' and 'near' will be different from what a 8-10 years old will generally perceive. Additionally, how much you bend your torso and keep your...
  3. What causes this serve to bounce in different directions?

    I believe you should check this - As this is exactly what you are doing.
  4. From Fastarc G1 to Hybrid

    One thing which I can confidently state regarding Fastarc G1 vs. Andro rubbers is that Fastarc feels more stiff and requires more effort to generate speed compared to Andro rubbers. So, it is very important to consider that what is your playing style and what you expect. For me, I want to rubber...
  5. From Fastarc G1 to Hybrid

    I haven't used NUZN, but I am using Rasanter R50 on the forehand. The durability is pretty good (so far I have been using it from past 4 months) and the rubber supports my game very nicely. In the past, I also used R45 on my backhand and it was also very good.
  6. From Fastarc G1 to Hybrid

    How is the durability? Please can you comment on that. As Fastarc rubbers G1 and C1 are known for their durability.
  7. Franziska using Viscaria Super ALC in WTT Macao?

    Sometimes based on physical conditioning, fatigue and other factors, players decide to play with a faster blade. I remember, that due to injury, Timo Boll used Primorac Carbon Tamca 5000 for his league matches.
  8. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    The biggest hurdle for hobby players with hybrid rubbers is the activation of the sponge. Hybrid rubbers offer a great amount of control and spin capabilities, but based on my personal experience, I had to really make sure to hit through the sponge to activate the full potential of the rubber...
  9. Edge tape issue

    Ok, doesn't looks too bad. However, if the edges get raised then you might see that your rubbers would feel bumped/swollen on that place. Here is how I do it. But you will need to remove the rubbers and work with the wood alone before trying out my approach. 1. Try to press down on the swollen...
  10. Edge tape issue

    Share the photos of the dent, may be I can give you some good idea, how to fix it. Regarding the rubber coming out/getting unglued, if it is just a small corner, then you can put some very small quantity of glue there and keep it under some thick books overnight to make it stick again.
  11. Andro NUZN50 as faster alternative of Fastarc G-1?

    Using Andro Rasanter R50 on my forehand on TB ALC for last 3.5 months. I can still use it for at least a month. Very happy with Spin, speed and control. Highly recommend.
  12. Victas: Xegna and Xegna Spin offensive rubbers

    Agreed. However, take an example of badminton racket over grips. You can easily find a tacky over grip which is slip resistant and offers a better hold on the racket, however, it is not sticky. So my understanding is tacky means enhanced friction capabilities and sticky means to hold the ball...
  13. why dima change his blade?(Contains spoilers for the game against Truls)

    Since the introduction of Zyre -03, top players which are sponsored by Butterfly are experimenting to find the best combination suited for this rubber and their respective game. However, I completely agree with @NextLevel here that it looks like Boll ALC but it would be tailored for Dima's...
  14. Victas: Xegna and Xegna Spin offensive rubbers

    I won't agree to that, since these are two different terms. If a rubber can be less or more tacky and less or more sticky then these are two different attributes. I believe rubbers like NUZN or Dignics 05 are tacky but not sticky.
  15. Victas: Xegna and Xegna Spin offensive rubbers

    Are you mentioning 'Sticky' or 'Tacky'? I am a noob, but what I understand, tacky means to have a capability to impart more spin on the ball while brushing. This tackiness is different from rubbers which offer only mechanical spin and thus the rotation on the ball whether forward (topspin) or...
  16. Harimoto Innerforce ALC vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov ALC for my new set up?

    Try out the handles (FL or ST) based on your preferences if you can borrow it from a friend. If you have medium to large hands then most likely Ovtcharov handle would feel more comfortable but it's up to you. Also the weight of the blade - if you get a Harimoto blade which is around 89-90 grams...
  17. Wood grain orientation impacts on play?

    Wow! that surely looks weird. I am not a wood expert or a blade expert but if you buy such an expensive blade, then I think it is manufacturer's responsibility to provide absolute top notch product.
  18. Anyone tried the new Zhang Jike Donic blades?

    May be off topic, and I apologize in advance. But in my humble opinion, The best blades by Donic are their Waldner series blades for all-round players. If you like additional feedback or you struggle with carbon then you should give Waldner Senso or Senso Ultra Carbon with medium-soft (45...
  19. Viscaria ALC vs Fan Zhendong ALC help me decide (Dignics 09C / 05 setup)

    The difference between Viscaria and FZD ALC is primarily the grip and hence the feel of the blade. If you have experience with outer ALC then the adjustment would be negligible. So you can pick anyone which you like most or are getting any deal of sorts. The best option would be to hold them in...
Top