Search results

  1. Timo Boll vs Truls Moregardh | FINAL | German Cup 2023

    its crazy. Timo is definitely slower than Truls and doesn't hit the ball as hard, but he wins points on having amazing technique and tactics.
  2. Who invented Ping Pong?

    You actually just proved my point. In China, there are tables everywhere, as you say. It's EASY access to the sport. Where are the table here in the United States? Rarely in a park, or at a school. Some community centers have them, but not all. I agree that there is no reason why it CAN'T be...
  3. Who invented Ping Pong?

    love it. Until table tennis / ping pong becomes nationally loved here in the united states, we will be missing out on so much undiscovered talent. Also the price point argument. It's simply not accessible for the low income (yet high potential youth) to excel in this sport.
  4. Am I getting too old to be a defender?

    JZ has short pips and medium pips. He mad the transition to not have to move as much, but he's also in excellent shape for a 65 year old. If you watch him stretching for warm up, he's more limber than a lot of 50 year olds.
  5. Am I getting too old to be a defender?

    JZ is an incredible player. However, he uses Medium pips and short pips. He made the transition to pips some time ago. He used to be an inverted, penhold player from what others have told me. I still would catagorize him as more of an attacking player than a defensive player. James T is younger...
  6. Outer ALC users, why do you like your blade?

    Hi Michael- I have a viscaria blade. I use a tenergy 05 on the forehand and tenergy 19 on my backahnd. been using this set up for about a year now. My forehand loop is my strongest and most deadly shot. I also practice this shot nearly every day on my robot and at my club. Many of my opponents...
  7. Who invented Ping Pong?

    this thread is funny as it is essentially 4 pages of arguing over semantics. As an american player....i can tell you we joke around in the club about calling it TT and not PP. However, i hope we can all admit that PING PONG is fun to say. For me, PING PONG sounds sort of like the sound the ball...
  8. Serve strategy

    Some good conceptual advice in here already (IE, if you serve long and fast, your ready position after your serve should be at least half a step further back than normal in anticipation of the service return also coming back long and fast). Here is another couple concepts that might help...
  9. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Can't you share with us the answer? How was his english? I think you can be coached in TT if you speak a different language than your coach, but it might a little bit of a barrier. Do you know the name of his new club? I'm wishing him all the success! He has a lot of competition if he is...
  10. Best Rubbers for Fan Zhendong ALC

    Can you describe the difference between the vis and FZDALC?
  11. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    OK. I get what you're saying now, and I definitely do see a lot of the same things here at my club. There are inverted players who hate long pips. I remember the first time I played against a long pip player. I lost in straight sets. Then I went home and studied every single piece of information...
  12. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    Can you explain the difference between high aspect ratio super long pips and the type of long pips that are currently allowed by the governing bodies of table tennis?
  13. 5 Things Table Tennis Players Hate

    you guys are hilarious! as much as I hate #5, we should all drop our ego if our opponent is offering us advice or insight into their game plan that just worked against us. cheers.
  14. Next area to focus on improvement

    lol where are these TT groupies you speak of? If there was such a thing, as soon as they saw you play a match with your artificially high rating against a superior opponent, they would no longer be your groupie once they see you are so clearly outclassed. I do agree that some players only get a...
  15. Next area to focus on improvement

    lol what is this program? A low rated player who has never played in a tournament signs up for 1 or 2 high rated events? Even their losses to high rated players would still earn them a high rating? Is that the concept?
  16. Next area to focus on improvement

    You don't need a virtual media tool, you just need a partner that can serve well with a lot of variations. Also, I would be weary of saying you are an 1800 level player if you live in the united states but don't actually have a rating. Go play in tournaments. See what rating you end up getting...
  17. Next area to focus on improvement

    To your point earlier where you see people do the "Falkenberg drill" and you saying it doesn't really come up in a match hitting 10 loops in a row, i think you are missing the point. If you can do 10 loops (or 20) with active movement in a drill, then you are going to be much better are doing...
  18. Lower level player using Butterfly ALC and Tenergy?

    I can only comment on my personal experience. I started playing at the table tennis club in June 2021 (I am now in my early 30s). I picked up the sport again after playing semi frequently in my teenage years, but only as a garage type player (only in the club a few times. I also played regular...
  19. How to deal with backhand tap

    Sorry, I am not familiar with the term backhand "tap". I know backhand drive (long, fast, low shot with minimal top spin), backhand flip (a backhand shot over the table, produces top spin), or a backhand loop (a fast, spinny shot that produces top spin), or the block. Either way, if your...
Top