Search results

  1. Tactics Against Player with Long Arms

    Variation is your friend. Try doing a forehand pendulum serve to his backhand, then back to his backhand then blast into his body (or empty forehand).. Then alternating hitting to his forehand and then backhand each shot. club level players simply cant effectively transition from their...
  2. Nets !!!!

    I would definitely be interested in some statistics too lol. Because also have to remember, many times a shot hits the net and the bounces on the side of the person who made the shot. If i had to *speculate* i would guess its nearly 50/50 of the ball either bouncing on either side of the net...
  3. Injuries

    The best way to prevent injuries is to strengthen the muscle groups around those place vulnerable to injuries. For example, you mention an ankle injury. How much work are you doing to strengthen your calves and feet? An easy way to strengthen your feet is to walk around barefoot. A good way...
  4. Nets !!!!

    There is no doubt that a net effects the quality of a shot, whether to the benefit of the shooter or the receiver. however, i don't think, in the long run, that the net is making a negative impact on the game..... One interesting analysis would be to look at how many net shots happened...
  5. Nets !!!!

    A lot of people complaining about net shots happening to them, but its also some times a disadvantage when your shot hits the net and still goes over, albeit a lot higher and weaker, setting up your opponent for an easy smash kill.
  6. Stolen Blade

    Just out off curiosity- how much does the blade cost ?
  7. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I might be a new table tennis player but I am a long time athlete. Braces might help but they are a "mask" to the problem, not the cure. You definitely need to investigate the problem further and not just chalk it up to old age. Here is a great...
  8. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    Kou Lei was WR20 at his peak. He's now down to 183. but his USATT rating is over 2800 still. Now sure the names of these players in this video but we were able to know their names and if they had a WR, we might be able to make a semi accurate comparison.
  9. Harimoto beats Fan Zhendong 2022!

    I seriously doubt Tomo was doing drugs in the bathroom. I even try to refrain from taking caffeine within two hours of playing table tennis. Too jittery otherwise. I have found that an equivalent of a copy of coffee's worth of caffeine about 2 hours before leads to optimal performance. I do...
  10. Tenergy 05 vs 05FX?

    Why not try tenergy 19 on backhand instead of 05fx? many at my club report the FX as no good.
  11. Viscaria for a beginner

    I got my Vis earlier this year in Feburary or maybe March. I was rated about 1000 at my club at the time. I wanted to keep improving so i employed the services of an experienced USATT certified coach. Before I met him, we chatted and he asked me about my equipment. I told him i just got a...
Top