Search results

  1. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Sometimes, I wonder how Butterfly managed to get Fan Zhendong, even as I know they already had ZJK. I would have thought DHS would fight to prevent that. Must have cost a lot of money and political capital.
  2. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    While much more winnable is a draw vs Germany etc., this more clearly relieves the pressure of failure. No one really cares if you lose 0-3 vs China - TB will still have his day. :D.
  3. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    If you are in a region outside the USA, then it is on youtube unless someone (like in the USA, ESPN or NBC) has the broadcasting rights since it is an Olympic qualifier of sorts. If you use a VPN set to Canada, you will see the video on youtube.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I agree (for the record, she uses Anti-spin backhand and short pips forehand), though I think the Indian player was "lucky" at critical junctures and was seeing the ball really well with her smashes and counters on that day, but that is what happens in life in any single game/match. If they...
  5. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    The byes are a gift to the group winners. Top 8 are getting Olympic spots automatically.
  6. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Terrible draw, a reminder that seeding usually has consequences. Japan would have lost to Taipei had they foreseen this result lol. Better to face Germany than go through this,.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    On serve you can tell trajectory based on first bounce unless with an extremely advanced server, but in rallies, you use the ball arc to judge, but depending on axis of rotation and how it hits the table as well as extreme spin, some things can go wrong but not often. Sometimes, the real...
  8. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    The worst part is that it eliminates US from the competition.
  9. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    I know they test before and after the match so what happened during the match to create this situation?
  10. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    The only somewhat valid excuse for this mess is that it's an Olympics qualifier, though why have a qualifier in a format without doubles is an open question...
  11. Is it worth it to learn how to replace rubber yourself?

    I think most people who get rubber glued by others think it is a very scientific exercise requiring precision. Thia is far from true. Table tennis glues are easy to remove with the fingers so the whole gluing process tends to tolerate errors and learning. You can do it wrong and fix it later...
  12. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Agreed, I think that is because the stroke quality doesn't consistently make him feel confident to attack those balls. That's why I spoke about stiffness because I think once he has the technique and racket head speed to attack those balls consistently, his pushing will go away.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    No doubt, the point is not necessarily to complain about illegal serves, the point is that he didn't realize they were illegal, so I am thinking, maybe the serves are not as bad as they look on camera. There were other points I wanted to make, but at this point, Gozo does realize he is who he...
  14. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I would work on some stretches and training to improve wrist and arm flexibility and finger usage. Maybe it is your grip, but for someone with your fitness, your game looks as if your arms are a bit locked so you aren't transferring enough of your power into the speed and spin on the ball.
  15. How to increase the "weight" of a powerful loops in term of both spin and speed?

    Remember the original quote from our resident expert was "the weight or the mass of the ball does not change." Of course the weight is not the same thing as the mass, whether they change or not depends on level of accuracy and precision relative to the problem being solved. The point was not...
  16. Faster equipment doesn't always mean less control. (Viscaria/Intensity)

    Subtle changes over time but still largely the same concept.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    If you don’t think his serves were illegal, are you saying that you could read them fairly easily and you could see how he was contacting the ball on the serve?
  18. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Waiting for the right second to pounce...
  19. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Thanks. There could be situations where it is considered seriously and needs referee opinion. So I guess the question is whether the referee was involved in the decision or not.
  20. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    So you are saying that an umpire is *only allowed* to give warnings for the first disturbance?
Top