Xiom Stradivarius recommendations

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Any recommended rubbers for xiom stradivarius? My first setup is joola eagle fast(balsa) with h3 neo and mark V and my next is a PG7 with h8 for fh and xiom sigma I pro for bh. This is just for future reference since my pg7 setup is perfect for me. Might change blade in a year or two when I progress my technique further. My play style mostly consist or open up loops and counterhits. I rarely block or counterloop unless I'm around 2-3 feet from the table. I prioritize my bh in flicks but in a more of controlled way which I choose placement over power. I feel that my h8 has a higher throw compared to my h3 neo (I am comparing a 7 month old h3 neo to a brand new h8 so there may be discrepancy) but I prefer lower throw but not as low as mark V. Unfortunately I cannot provide a video for you to judge my skills nor ratings since I live in philippines and I dont think we have a system like that here. I avoid higher throw rubber on bh and I've never tried it yet but price is a big factor on what rubbers I pick. I don't spend more than $50 on a rubber (Xiom Sigma was bought from a friend discounted) and I highlyprefer to use chinese rubber for fh. I'm considering Globe 999 national for my fh but I do not know anything about its throw or hardness. I might play safe and get another h3 neo since I'm already accustomed to it and it has enough power for my stronger strokes. Any opinion is appriciated :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Any reason you are thinking about a Stradivarius? It is very different from PG7.

If you are thinking about something for a year or two from now, research is fine. But when you start feeling ready for something new, or wanting something new, you may actually have a better idea of what you want. Or, you may have a completely different idea of what you want then than what you may think you will want as of now. And if the PG7 is perfect for you, then there is no need for another blade.....maybe ever.

As far as rubbers, I think you may as well stick with H3 Neo if you like it and like it better than H8. It sounds like you could use any number of rubbers on BH as well. Every company has a few in the range that you have already chosen from. There are many rubbers in a similar speed, spin and control category to Sigma 1 Pro.

What would you want from a BH rubber that you feel you are not getting from the rubber you have? If the rubber you have is working, there is not much need to change. But if you do change, there are many good options.

One thing to always remember, the player and his/her training is more important than the equipment. A good player can play with pretty much anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: KM1976
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I havent really seen a lot of 7 ply wood player who wants to get 7 ply carbon.

Usually people upgrade from 5 ply wood to 7 ply carbon because 7 ply wood are either heavy or thick.

I love stiga clipper, but it’s both too heavy and thick for me so i stick with BTY carbon blades that are 88 grams or below

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Any reason you are thinking about a Stradivarius? It is very different from PG7.

If you are thinking about something for a year or two from now, research is fine. But when you start feeling ready for something new, or wanting something new, you may actually have a better idea of what you want. Or, you may have a completely different idea of what you want then than what you may think you will want as of now. And if the PG7 is perfect for you, then there is no need for another blade.....maybe ever.

As far as rubbers, I think you may as well stick with H3 Neo if you like it and like it better than H8. It sounds like you could use any number of rubbers on BH as well. Every company has a few in the range that you have already chosen from. There are many rubbers in a similar speed, spin and control category to Sigma 1 Pro.

What would you want from a BH rubber that you feel you are not getting from the rubber you have? If the rubber you have is working, there is not much need to change. But if you do change, there are many good options.

One thing to always remember, the player and his/her training is more important than the equipment. A good player can play with pretty much anything.
I found the opportunity to get it for a lower price so I might take it while I can but if do feel that I play better on PG7 then I will stick to PG7. A reason why I need a rubber like sigma 1 is because I only obtained one from my friend but he stopped selling a few months ago so I will have to look for cheaper substitutes when my rubbgr dies. For my fh, I sure will get another h3 neo but I thought of the possibility that it would not play well on a stradivarius so I wanted to ask the experts on this stuff since I do not know anyone who has one that I can try.
I really appriciate the advice. I have a goal which is to get scholarship when I get to college and I sure know that equipment alone won't bring me there :)) The only thing I might be changing soon is my h8 which had bubbled on the side but hopefully it will last a few more month. I actually have one problem with my PG7 but I think my problem is caused more by my rubbers. I fount it heavier that I prefer. It might be because I come from a balsa blade or h8+sigma combo was really heavy? Even if I liked my h3 neo alot, I believe you will never find a better one if you don't try and I've heard of globe 999 which has a close price to h3 neo and yinhe big dipper as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
I love stiga clipper, but it’s both too heavy and thick for me so i stick with BTY carbon blades that are 88 grams or below
If 7 ply composite are lighter then I really would appreciate that. My first blade was thick (around 8mm compared to 6mm) and it was a 5 ply but I think there are exemptions? Like thicker core is needed for balsa for a speedy blade? They say stiga clipper is close to PG7 but with less speed. I actually wanted one instead of a PG7 just because of Miu Hirano❤️ But PG7 would be more worth it considering the price