Donic Bluestorm Pro/Pro AM

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Anyone have tested this 2 new rubbers ? Despite the huge price, it seems a promising rubber
I have tested the AM version.
There are two independent conclusions.
1. If you are looking for a nice, easy to play rubber for playing close to the table this could be your choice. But there are other rubbers of that kind for less money, and whether the "selection" justifies the price through longevity remains to be seen.
2. If you follow the "from pro to pro" claim you will most likely be hugely disappointed. The rubber feels softer than you´d expect, spin is lower than expected and mid-distance the rubber has very limited power, while close to the table it will bottom out quickly when pace and hardness of the game are high.

For professional players, the harder version should be a much better choice. None of the guys I tried this with (one ex national team, now second league) would even consider the AM for backhand. Too soft, too weak. This is not to say there could be a few pros who like this rubber, but in my opinion the "from pro to pro" claim should not be applied to the AM, but the harder version only.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rinforzando
This user has no status.
1. If you are looking for a nice, easy to play rubber for playing close to the table this could be your choice. But there are other rubbers of that kind for less money, and whether the "selection" justifies the price through longevity remains to be seen.

Thank you for your feedback! Can you give some example of similar rubbers at a lower price ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
2. If you follow the "from pro to pro" claim you will most likely be hugely disappointed. The rubber feels softer than you´d expect, spin is lower than expected and mid-distance the rubber has very limited power, while close to the table it will bottom out quickly when pace and hardness of the game are high.

For professional players, the harder version should be a much better choice. None of the guys I tried this with (one ex national team, now second league) would even consider the AM for backhand. Too soft, too weak. This is not to say there could be a few pros who like this rubber, but in my opinion the "from pro to pro" claim should not be applied to the AM, but the harder version only.

A friend of mine is considering either Nittaku Fastarc G-1 max or Bluestorm Pro AM on a Victas Ptchford blade.
If you have played with G1, which one one would you suggest?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022

I have to disagree with the comments on this thread. The Donic Bluestorm Pro AM is an amazing rubber that imparts huge amounts of spin on the ball if used correctly. My services and topspins are spinnier than with Hexer Powergrip or Stiga DNA Pro, two other rubbers I love. It's perfect for my backhand and good for my forehand too, although you really need to play actively and technically. Short game is very easy too as are smashes and blocks. It seems very long lasting as well. I've had one for 4 months, 3-4 sessions per week and it is still in very good shape.
I am still hesitating for the forehand but would recommend this rubber for intermediate -advanced players.

Last edited: