TTD Member 1 22
    says Power of Penhold!

TTD Member 22 1

User Info Menu

May 2021
    Peru
    Read 0 Reviews

Robot for training the basics

Hi TTD community. Our coach wants to buy a robot for training the basics. After single drives and topspins, we usually do (depending the player) 3 point FH, Falkenberg, 3 FH 3 BH, 3rd and 5th ball attack, pushes and flicks. As in Peru TT isn't very popular, we have limited options. We're considering:

https://anjsports.com/producto/xiom-i5-robot/
    https://tenimesistas.com/producto/pa...-topspin-ball/

Any experiences with these robots? Which one do you think would fit our training the best? All suggestions are welcome 😀
    Last edited by PeruvianPenholder_2008; 12-22-2021 at 03:43 PM.

says TT-CLOWN, old git

Elite TTD Member 372 1,007
    L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Elite TTD Member 1,007 372

User Info Menu

i have good experience with tennirobo.

The Following User Likes lodro's Post:

pingpongpaddy

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 116 352
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 352 116
    I bought a Newgy Robopong 2055 myself a year ago. It works really good. Mostly I do just forehand or just backhand, and there is a mode for these easy drills as well. And 64 built in drills, and you may alter these with a computer or create your own drills. I was looking at the cheapest Butterfly robot, and compared it to this one. I feel that the Robopong 2055 got more possibilities and a lower price. The Windows GUI is a little buggy, but you learn after a while.https://www.tt-shop.com/com_eng/doni...ng-206383.htmlhttps://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/26...ual-3.2.21.pdf

The Following User Likes mocker88's Post:

ADurao

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 838 763
    B
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 763 838

User Info Menu

Oct 2015
    Christmas Island
    Read 0 Reviews
    It sounds like there is a group of you playing there. "Our coach ..."

If that is true then taking some time to learn to feed each other multiball could be a lot better [also cheaper] than a robot. It's not that hard to learn to feed basic multiball. And seeing the ball come from a real bat is better than having it thrown by a robot because you learn to read the spin and placement better.

The Following 3 Users Like Brs's Post:

Kuba Hajto, lodro and 1 other

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 599 1,120
    I
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,120 599

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    I bought a Newgy Robopong 2055 myself a year ago. It works really good. Mostly I do just forehand or just backhand, and there is a mode for these easy drills as well. And 64 built in drills, and you may alter these with a computer or create your own drills. I was looking at the cheapest Butterfly robot, and compared it to this one. I feel that the Robopong 2055 got more possibilities and a lower price. The Windows GUI is a little buggy, but you learn after a while.https://www.tt-shop.com/com_eng/doni...ng-206383.htmlhttps://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/26...ual-3.2.21.pdf
    Yeah, I have one as well, great robot!!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 1
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 0

User Info Menu

Jan 2022
    Canada
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    I bought a Newgy Robopong 2055 myself a year ago. It works really good. Mostly I do just forehand or just backhand, and there is a mode for these easy drills as well. And 64 built in drills, and you may alter these with a computer or create your own drills. I was looking at the cheapest Butterfly robot, and compared it to this one. I feel that the Robopong 2055 got more possibilities and a lower price. The Windows GUI is a little buggy, but you learn after a while.

Yes, this is a very good robot, I was convinced of this more than once.

developer

says Power of Penhold!

TTD Member 1 22
    says Power of Penhold!

TTD Member 22 1

User Info Menu

May 2021
    Peru
    Read 0 Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your help!

This user has no status.

This user has been banned. 11 59
    J
    This user has no status.

This user has been banned. 59 11

User Info Menu

Jan 2022
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    I have the Power Pong 5000. I never use the side spin, and rarely use back spin. I also rarely have it send different spins in the same drill, so buying one capable of all that was a complete waste of money for me.

The Following 2 Users Like jddavid's Post:

Dream2K and lodro

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 16,523 15,092
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,092 16,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Brs

If that is true then taking some time to learn to feed each other multiball could be a lot better [also cheaper] than a robot. It's not that hard to learn to feed basic multiball. And seeing the ball come from a real bat is better than having it thrown by a robot because you learn to read the spin and placement better.
    Excellent post.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Master TTD Member 691 1,597
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.

Master TTD Member 1,597 691

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brs

I agree and disagree at the same time. You have to go somewhere to do multiball and in current hard times it is not to be taken for granted. I love the fact that I can go to my coop and play with the robot for an hour or two whenver I want even during lockdown.

/devnull

says TT-CLOWN, old git

L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

User Info Menu

Multiball will always be better than the robot because one can see what the coaches hand and blade are doing.
    True, my robot can spit out a ball so fast it leaves permanent marks on the table, it will do any kind of spin and combos
    it will do random- series of shot-combos but I have no chance to react to the head-movement, it is not visible enough and too fast.

So, I am willing to swap my robot for a coach that gives me multiballs 😁

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 501 1,108
    B
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,108 501

User Info Menu

I have an old 2050. When I took lessons, I never liked multiball since so much could be done with the robot. The robot can be set up throw random balls. When I played with the coach I always preferred that he randomly hit balls at me. This simulates more of a real game. Eventually I just told him to do the random drill. So this wasn't anything like multiball in the traditional sense. At the time my coach was 1/3 my age. He could tire me out in a couple of minutes. I miss my 3rd coach. He was fun.

I don't like robots but sometimes I need to "calibrate" my strokes. Also, when hitting balls back at the robot I listen to the sound of contract. Brushed balls do not make a much sound as ones that hit through to the wood.

I don't understand the need for fast rubbers. Even small girls can hit the ball fast enough to compete with most of us. It is getting a high spin to speed ratio and the timing to achieve it that matters.

The Following User Likes brokenball's Post:

lodro

says TT-CLOWN, old git

L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brokenball
    I have an old 2050. When I took lessons, I never liked multiball since so much could be done with the robot. The robot can be set up throw random balls. When I played with the coach I always preferred that he randomly hit balls at me. This simulates more of a real game. Eventually I just told him to do the random drill. So this wasn't anything like multiball in the traditional sense. At the time my coach was 1/3 my age. He could tire me out in a couple of minutes. I miss my 3rd coach. He was fun.

I don't like robots but sometimes I need to "calibrate" my strokes. Also, when hitting balls back at the robot I listen to the sound of contract. Brushed balls do not make a much sound as ones that hit through to the wood.

I don't understand the need for fast rubbers. Even small girls can hit the ball fast enough to compete with most of us. It is getting a high spin to speed ratio and the timing to achieve it that matters.
    agreed. another good use for the robot is to try out the specific qualities of a new ( for me) rubber against a known programmed shot.
    Then of course is the covid-aspect, I can always build up a sweat at home when the clubs are closed