Back to Forum
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. PeruvianPenholder_2008 is offline
    says Power of Penhold!
     
    TTD Member 1 22
    PeruvianPenholder_2008's Avatar
    PeruvianPenholder_2008 is offline
    says Power of Penhold!
     
    TTD Member 22 1

    User Info Menu


    May 2021
    Peru
    22
    1
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Robot for training the basics

    Hi TTD community. Our coach wants to buy a robot for training the basics. After single drives and topspins, we usually do (depending the player) 3 point FH, Falkenberg, 3 FH 3 BH, 3rd and 5th ball attack, pushes and flicks. As in Peru TT isn't very popular, we have limited options. We're considering:

    https://anjsports.com/producto/xiom-i5-robot/
    https://tenimesistas.com/producto/pa...-topspin-ball/

    Any experiences with these robots? Which one do you think would fit our training the best? All suggestions are welcome 😀
    Last edited by PeruvianPenholder_2008; 12-22-2021 at 03:43 PM.

  2. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Elite TTD Member 372 1,007
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,007 372

    User Info Menu

    #2
    i have good experience with tennirobo.

    The Following User Likes lodro's Post:

    pingpongpaddy


  3. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 116 352
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 352 116
    #3
    I bought a Newgy Robopong 2055 myself a year ago. It works really good. Mostly I do just forehand or just backhand, and there is a mode for these easy drills as well. And 64 built in drills, and you may alter these with a computer or create your own drills. I was looking at the cheapest Butterfly robot, and compared it to this one. I feel that the Robopong 2055 got more possibilities and a lower price. The Windows GUI is a little buggy, but you learn after a while.https://www.tt-shop.com/com_eng/doni...ng-206383.htmlhttps://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/26...ual-3.2.21.pdf

    The Following User Likes mocker88's Post:

    ADurao


  4. Brs is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 838 763
    B
    Brs is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 763 838

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2015
    Christmas Island
    763
    838
    1893
    Read 0 Reviews
    #4
    It sounds like there is a group of you playing there. "Our coach ..."

    If that is true then taking some time to learn to feed each other multiball could be a lot better [also cheaper] than a robot. It's not that hard to learn to feed basic multiball. And seeing the ball come from a real bat is better than having it thrown by a robot because you learn to read the spin and placement better.

    The Following 3 Users Like Brs's Post:

    Kuba Hajto, lodro and 1 other


  5. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 599 1,120
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,120 599

    User Info Menu

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    I bought a Newgy Robopong 2055 myself a year ago. It works really good. Mostly I do just forehand or just backhand, and there is a mode for these easy drills as well. And 64 built in drills, and you may alter these with a computer or create your own drills. I was looking at the cheapest Butterfly robot, and compared it to this one. I feel that the Robopong 2055 got more possibilities and a lower price. The Windows GUI is a little buggy, but you learn after a while.https://www.tt-shop.com/com_eng/doni...ng-206383.htmlhttps://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/26...ual-3.2.21.pdf
    Yeah, I have one as well, great robot!!

  6. georgehill is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 0 1
    georgehill's Avatar
    georgehill is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 0

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2022
    Canada
    1
    0
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88
    I bought a Newgy Robopong 2055 myself a year ago. It works really good. Mostly I do just forehand or just backhand, and there is a mode for these easy drills as well. And 64 built in drills, and you may alter these with a computer or create your own drills. I was looking at the cheapest Butterfly robot, and compared it to this one. I feel that the Robopong 2055 got more possibilities and a lower price. The Windows GUI is a little buggy, but you learn after a while.

    Yes, this is a very good robot, I was convinced of this more than once.

    developer

  7. PeruvianPenholder_2008 is offline
    says Power of Penhold!
     
    TTD Member 1 22
    PeruvianPenholder_2008's Avatar
    PeruvianPenholder_2008 is offline
    says Power of Penhold!
     
    TTD Member 22 1

    User Info Menu


    May 2021
    Peru
    22
    1
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #7
    Thanks everyone for your help!


  8. jddavid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    This user has been banned. 11 59
    J
    jddavid is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    This user has been banned. 59 11

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2022
    United States
    59
    11
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #8
    I have the Power Pong 5000. I never use the side spin, and rarely use back spin. I also rarely have it send different spins in the same drill, so buying one capable of all that was a complete waste of money for me.

    The Following 2 Users Like jddavid's Post:

    Dream2K and lodro


  9. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 16,523 15,092
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,092 16,523
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brs
    It sounds like there is a group of you playing there. "Our coach ..."

    If that is true then taking some time to learn to feed each other multiball could be a lot better [also cheaper] than a robot. It's not that hard to learn to feed basic multiball. And seeing the ball come from a real bat is better than having it thrown by a robot because you learn to read the spin and placement better.
    Excellent post.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  10. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Master TTD Member 691 1,597
    Kuba Hajto's Avatar
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,597 691

    User Info Menu

    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brs
    It sounds like there is a group of you playing there. "Our coach ..."

    If that is true then taking some time to learn to feed each other multiball could be a lot better [also cheaper] than a robot. It's not that hard to learn to feed basic multiball. And seeing the ball come from a real bat is better than having it thrown by a robot because you learn to read the spin and placement better.

    I agree and disagree at the same time. You have to go somewhere to do multiball and in current hard times it is not to be taken for granted. I love the fact that I can go to my coop and play with the robot for an hour or two whenver I want even during lockdown.

    /devnull

  11. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Elite TTD Member 372 1,007
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,007 372

    User Info Menu

    #11
    Multiball will always be better than the robot because one can see what the coaches hand and blade are doing.
    True, my robot can spit out a ball so fast it leaves permanent marks on the table, it will do any kind of spin and combos
    it will do random- series of shot-combos but I have no chance to react to the head-movement, it is not visible enough and too fast.

    So, I am willing to swap my robot for a coach that gives me multiballs 😁

  12. brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 501 1,108
    B
    brokenball is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,108 501

    User Info Menu

    #12
    I have an old 2050. When I took lessons, I never liked multiball since so much could be done with the robot. The robot can be set up throw random balls. When I played with the coach I always preferred that he randomly hit balls at me. This simulates more of a real game. Eventually I just told him to do the random drill. So this wasn't anything like multiball in the traditional sense. At the time my coach was 1/3 my age. He could tire me out in a couple of minutes. I miss my 3rd coach. He was fun.

    I don't like robots but sometimes I need to "calibrate" my strokes. Also, when hitting balls back at the robot I listen to the sound of contract. Brushed balls do not make a much sound as ones that hit through to the wood.

    I don't understand the need for fast rubbers. Even small girls can hit the ball fast enough to compete with most of us. It is getting a high spin to speed ratio and the timing to achieve it that matters.

    The Following User Likes brokenball's Post:

    lodro


  13. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Elite TTD Member 372 1,007
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,007 372

    User Info Menu

    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenball
    I have an old 2050. When I took lessons, I never liked multiball since so much could be done with the robot. The robot can be set up throw random balls. When I played with the coach I always preferred that he randomly hit balls at me. This simulates more of a real game. Eventually I just told him to do the random drill. So this wasn't anything like multiball in the traditional sense. At the time my coach was 1/3 my age. He could tire me out in a couple of minutes. I miss my 3rd coach. He was fun.

    I don't like robots but sometimes I need to "calibrate" my strokes. Also, when hitting balls back at the robot I listen to the sound of contract. Brushed balls do not make a much sound as ones that hit through to the wood.

    I don't understand the need for fast rubbers. Even small girls can hit the ball fast enough to compete with most of us. It is getting a high spin to speed ratio and the timing to achieve it that matters.
    agreed. another good use for the robot is to try out the specific qualities of a new ( for me) rubber against a known programmed shot.
    Then of course is the covid-aspect, I can always build up a sweat at home when the clubs are closed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.