Vinqui Pendant Prize Draw

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Only 3?! wow. I saw it too and would probably be keen to buy one I just got given a black one with the gold ball on it for my 21st (I actually requested it :p hate surprises) and love it such a great product for athletes :) But yea after I saw the dragon one I was thinking damn was my 21st at a bad time :D but only 3 were sold thats incredible. Were they sold to known table tennis players?

Our Jewelry has been very well received by the players and a number of top players have made purchases (and yes they do like the expensive pieces). Soon, we will add a section to the site where we will sell some high value pendants, these maybe new designs.

All the pendants we sell contain genuine stones.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Wins are just loses for your ego and loses can be considered wins, so the ego will remain huge.

As of late I can't think of a "best" win. I have witnessed that in the past month or so I have jumped in skill level to where I can compete with the top players in my club (topping at around 2100 usatt rating). I may not win these games but I won't get decimated to the tune of like 11-4 anymore and in some instances I can take games off them. For example yesterday at the club I played against a player, who is the most nimble player you will ever meet and is ranked around 2100 USATT; mind you I am only ranked 1023 USATT (i am ranked higher then that just don't play all to many tournaments). I was playing him and everything was just clicking, I could pick up his serves very well and I could just power loop things past him. I did not win but I'll consider it a "win" in my book because when I played him last he beat me like 11-3, 11-2, 11-5 but, this time that did not happen, I lost 11-9, 11-6, 11-8. I feel my skills are improving and that's a win for me :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Have to admit the win that meant the most to me was winning the 2009 Irish National Championships.. I was 2-0 and 7-4 down to the 5 time champion John Murphy. I won this set 11-7 and then again I was 8-3 down in the 4th set to win 11-9. I won the final set 11-7 after being locked at 5-5! I felt this was the most important and meaningful win of my career as obviously it was the biggest national title I can ever win and is a massive honour to win the prestigious event.. and secondly the nature of my win attracted so much media attention which benefited table tennis in Ireland significantly as currently it is a sport that suffers a lot of negative stereotyping as a holiday camp site game! To do this for the sport and win a national title at the same time.. made it definitely the most meaningful win of my career so far! :D

Vinqui pendants are unreal!! Cool piece of craftsmanship..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I think my best wins in my TT career so far are against the people who helped coach me when I first started out. They allowed me to get better, while increasing my passion and love of the game, so when I was finally good enough to beat them to me it was a monumental victory. Thinking about this looking forward is pushing me to further improve and hopefully I'll add more keystone victories to the list!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hello people,
my best win was when my club made me play another team (better ranked) and it was a very important match, we had to win. If we lost, then we would be relegated. In the end, before the last match who was mine, we were leading 5-4. I played against a better ranked player, really tough match (3-2) with the better end for me! Awsome match which I will never forget! After that match, I became really motivated and now I'm still motivated an have my new big challenge, be Luxembourg Champion! Hope I can fullfill that dream one day!

P.S.: Even after that game, the relationship between the club and me didn't get better. I'm still a burden for them, don't know why, anyhow.

Cheers :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
My best win was one of my last matches I've been able to play.

With our team we were in the final of the play-offs for a place in the National Divisions.
In the regular competition we lost 7-3 against this team, and all competition long I had won 1 or 2 matches per matchday.
The day before the match I spent with friends because I didn't have to play, and we went out so I slept like 3am-7am. However I was called that my teammate couldn't play because of personal circumstances, so I'd have to play. I went to school, but left after one hour and drove home to sleep all afternoon.

So I came kinda sleepy at our club to warm-up and prepare. But it all worked perfectly.
I started beating a player who was on a 14 win streak up till the final 3-0. I could do anything I want, he had no answer. Then came the best player of the opponents team and maybe the best of the competition. He was lefthanded so his FH loop would often come to my BH. I played pretty amazing again BH counterlooping that he could reach for the balls and so on. Also I received his serve which we all considered hard very well and beat him 3-1. Last match of the day was against an elder experienced player whom I lost to twice before out of two occasions. This was at a 5-4 score in our advantage, so i could decide this first leg of the final. I played more agressive than I've ever done, because any tricky rally he would win. I also beat him 3-1.

The next week was the 2nd leg. Again I played pretty amazing up to the last match, which I lost 3-0. After being 4-1 ahead, we lost 6-4 and lost the final on game count. But even though it was pretty disastrous those were the best games I have ever played. The day after the 2nd final my leg started to hurt, which later turned out to be the hernia I'm currently suffering. So I haven't played table tennis since that match at December 3rd.

Ian

This user has no status.

Ian

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
My most important win would have to be the Ilford Closed Handicap Singles in 2004. I'd been playing a couple of years at the time so wasn't anything special (I'm still not!).
I remember working my way through the rounds against a variety of playing styles and abilities. My first match was against a little girl who had an 18-0 head start on me. I then played a guy from my club with a similar attacking style as me. I also remember beating a couple of older guys playing with pips. Once all the knockout rounds were played, all the finalists came back later in the evening to play their finals.

It was such a big thing for me as there was one table set up and all eyes were on the final matches. My opponent in the final was a decent player, much better than me. But my handicap advantage gave me a chance. I felt some pressure having everyone focus on my match, but I think it inspired me more to play my best. I played out of my skin and beat my opponent in a surprisingly comfortable fashion. I remember people clapping whenever I hit a good shot, it was such a great feeling. So I won the match and a got a nice trophy for it, probably my biggest individual trophy to this day.

That win really encouraged me and gave me the belief I can keep improving and compete with top players. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
My most remembered victory was at Latinamerican Junior Championship 2006. I was part of the Chilean team and we were playing the group phase. We had lost the first match, so we needed to win the second one against Ecuador. We were losing 0:1 and I was playing the 2th match. By the way, I hate playing against Ecuadorian girls due to their play styles. I was losing 0:2 but I could get over and I won 3:2 and 12:10. Then, the score was 2:2. I had to play the last match. I was losing 0:2 and 8:10 but suddenly, I looked at my team and I saw the distressed face of one of my teammates. Her face really said: we screw up (sorry for the bad word). After that I thought: I cannot lose and finally, I won the match 3:2 and 12:10. I still remember the expression of my teammate face.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
TableTennisDaily and Vinqui have agreed and are happy to announce the winners of the Vinqui Pendant Prize draw.

Coming in first place winning a Victory Pendant is Ian (post 32) and coming in second place winning a Table Tennis Bat Pendant is Zezemint (post 15).

We would also like to offer YosuaYosan (post 14) a prize of a Victory Pendant for his own great personal Victory.

If Ian, Zezemint and YosuaYosan could email [email protected] with their addresses, the pendants will be sent as soon as possible. Zezemint, could you also please tell us if you want a red or black pendant.

Massive thanks to everyone that entered.