strokes

1. Using analogies for learning strokes faster - Got any good ones?

Hey guys! As some of you may know, I’m working on a new book that focuses on optimizing athletic performance in table tennis through the latest sports science. One of the chapters is on motor learning and discusses ways to tweak your practice so that long-term learning occurs and performance...
  2. Recommended video camera for self-analysing strokes and weaknesses during practice.

Hi there & good morning everyone, Can anyone recommend me a good video camera for the above mentioned purpose. Something like GoPro Hero 8 or any other brands? Cheers mate and have a good week end!
  3. Rubber that instalsl confidence and encourages offensive strokes

Hello guys I am looking for forehand rubber suggestions. In particular rubbers that encourage offensive forehand strokes. Here are the ones I have tried so far. Faster G1: A very good rubber, but my skill level is not enough to wield it. It felt satisfying to hit with, but the overall hard...
  4. Chinese allround blade and rubbers for basic strokes

Hi there, I think it would be nice to recommend a decent allround blade and rubbers for people not wanting to spend a fortune on a racket. This is mostly for people having some basic technique on forehand and backhand, typically playing for on/off for some years but very often do not know how...
  5. Jeoung Younksik Unorthodox FH and BH strokes

Hi all, Jeoung Younksik is one of my favorite players, but he doesn't have an unorthodox BH and FH loops? He seems he only uses arm power with almost no rotation from the waist, and the backhand it's also a more hitting than looping. in the long run, it couldn't be bad for his career? Best...
  6. Help with strokes angle problem

I'm going to post a short video of my strokes and I just want to highlight a problem that I have. You can see it clearly in the backhand stroke and my problem is that when I do a stroke my racket angle goes down or closes what ever you want to call it. I can't seem to keep my racket angle...
  7. Changes in strokes on using a tacky rubber

Hey folks. I've recently switched my forehand rubber to Hurricane 8 mid-hard which is a tacky rubber. I've played with it for about a month. But I am not feeling that I have the same confidence with this tacky rubber as I had with my non-tacky rubber. I think that I am not able to get the...
  8. Rebulding Fundamental strokes for my game play

After a lot of inputs from the previous thread, where I uploaded a doubles game coupled along with new tacky 729 rubbers created a lot of self doubt in my game technique. It was indeed foolish to not work on my own strokes and fancy around CNT fantasies like a clear patzer. So I made a resolve...
  9. Question: What makes Ma Long's strokes so Unique?

Question: What makes Ma Long's strokes so Unique, Powerful, Precise from all others? Hi Guys, I am pondering over this question for some time. I couldn't answer it on my own on why his FH strokes are so powerful. Hisability to recover also seems very fast from those full body strokes, How is it...
  10. Advice on my strokes?

Can i get some advice on my strokes (other than use the left side of my body which i dont use enough)? still learning and wanting advice. Im aproximately 1700 usatt. in the video it starts with simple fh-fh, fh loops off topspin fh push simple bh-bh (my biggest issue in my opinion) bh push bh...
  11. Please help with my forehand strokes

Hey I have posted 2 videos of my forehand strokes. Please point out my mistakes. Many thanks The player opposite the camera is me.
  12. Keeping loose strokes

Hello all, Has anyone come across some good information on how to keep your arm loose at all times? In drills and training I can easily keep all of my strokes loose however when it comes to a game situation and I let the body go on auto pilot I find my arm muscles way too tense and flexed. Also...
  13. Developing shorter and compact strokes

Hello Everyone, I have been working a lot on my timing, posture and movement. However, I am by far from being any good. I have a few questions which are related to timing the ball, which I feel I need some help on. I hope that you all will also find my questions worthy and would share your...
  14. Different Strokes difficulties

Good day to everyone. i'am a player without a coach for now (i had 1 who thought me for 4 years but didn't take it seriously back then which i regret so much). when i do drills in clubs, blockers have difficulty blocking my spin to the right position they say the spin that i apply on the ball is...