7 ply all-wood with Koto outer and Ayous intermediate and core

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hello, I tried a Butterfly Power 7. What a blade! Of course like all good things in tabletennis it's been discontinued. Now I'm looking for a koto-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-koto that ideally should be close to 5.7 mm. I found DHS Power-G9 (6.3mm) and YinHe Uranus U-2 (6 mm). Anyone that can directly compare these blades? Do you know of anything close to Butterfly Power 7? Thanks.
Maybe try donic ovtcharov senso. It is walnut outer ply, so a bit harder than koto, but they play alike. I am pretty sure it comes wioth more than a layer of ayous, not sure about core tho. Finding a almost all ayous blade commercially is hard nowaydays, maybe try sdc custom?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Are Yinhe U2 and U2 Spin - koto top layer with ayous mid and core?
From the reviews I've read (Chinese but translated into English) it is suspected that the U2S outer layers have been replaced by Limba. People commented on increased dwell and more soft feeling, so that would seem to make sense. Also the pictures of it look more like dyed limba than dyed koto.

Here's a video of it up close:

Pretty positive it's limba.

This user has no status.
AFAIK the U2 is Koto-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous. I didn't go for U2S because I wanted koto outter and I wasn't sure of the composition. Also there's no information about U2S on Yinhe official website so I believe it is a fake.
Despite no info about U2S on the official site, it is pretty real and legit. Otherwise turbozed wouldn't have been able to link a video about it. I ordered two of them from GHsports (AliExpress), and the quality standards just meet the original U2 with the obvious difference in having Limba top plies.

I am also being in suspicion, that the second ply of both U2 and U2S is not Ayous. I have checked many samples of U2 as well, that the wood there is slightly darker in average (just a little bit, than the 3rd ply and the core), and it has a rather coarse and random pattern for pores and beams, which are typically present in Limba plies. So my newer guess for the original U2 composition is Koto > Limba > Ayous > Ayous - also because I have two samples of Xiom Solo (the golden standard of Koto > Ayous > Ayous > Ayous blades), which plays noticeably softer and with slightly higher arc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trevize84