90s Tables vs Recent Tables

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I am currently playing with the Joola brand 1996 Olympic table tennis table in our school. The ball (40+) is played very fluently and quickly on this table. The problem is that when I play on the new tables of stiga 30 or butterfly, I feel that the ball stays very slow on the table. Even though I hit the ball with all my strength, I think it wasn't going fast enough. Do you know if the structure or surface of the tables has changed over time?
1.JPG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I am currently playing with the Joola brand 1996 Olympic table tennis table in our school. The ball (40+) is played very fluently and quickly on this table. The problem is that when I play on the new tables of stiga 30 or butterfly, I feel that the ball stays very slow on the table. Even though I hit the ball with all my strength, I think it wasn't going fast enough. Do you know if the structure or surface of the tables has changed over time?
View attachment 26483
I play on one much older John Jaques table (also on a hard concrete floor) at one of my league match venues - it is like lightning compared to the Butterfly 25mm tables we play on at our home venue. I find it very difficult to play on the super fast older table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
i guess old tables the game is so much effortless to play. So the old tables is for old balls maybe ?
I play on one much older John Jaques table (also on a hard concrete floor) at one of my league match venues - it is like lightning compared to the Butterfly 25mm tables we play on at our home venue. I find it very difficult to play on the super fast older table.