advice on rubber glue

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Bty Primorac all wood

I see. If so, it’d be great to pair rozena for bh as you’ve planned to. I’ve even seen some players who use all wood primorac with rozena on both sides. Frankly, Rozena( same spring sponge like Tenergy) isn’t that much expensive compare to the high end Tenergy or dignics after all it’s worth the try. Give it a shot if you’re willing to.

Reactions: Gozo Aruna
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I use Elmer's rubber cement. I have tried water based glues. They come in containers that are too big so they go bad before I use them up. The Elmer's jars are getting smaller, shrinkflation, for the same price but it doesn't make much difference because the rubber cement would get too thick and unusable before it was 3/4 used.

It is best if the rubber cement is thin enough so it can be applied evenly.

They do, or used to sell that nasty toloune or xylene or whatever nasty stuff is used to dilute rubber cement separately so you can keep rethinning rubber cement. That would be the way to do it if good ole rubber cement is the way you roll.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019

Rozena is like a softer version of T80. But Rozena is more direct (lower arc) and produces less spin in my hand. Serving is more challenging with Rozena because it is a bouncy rubber. Overall, I would say that Rozena is not superior to ESN rubbers of similar hardness.

I like T80 much more. I switched to T80 from G-1 on FH and it is just better: better spin, more friendly, easier to control, higher speed. Now, the price for T80 is way too high for what it can do. There must be a rubber out there that provides similar performance for cheap but I have not found it yet.

In G-1 I liked higher arc and the fact that it lasts forever. G-1 is fairly versatile but I found it difficult to perform a slow top-spin. G-1 is sensitive to incoming spin.

Reactions: Gozo Aruna
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Do you mean the free chack 2 or Pro 2?
And I’m still deciding which one to get either the free chack or dhs no.15 glue.
I’m using a butterfly blade at the moment, BH - Rozena and FH - planning to use the dhs hurricane bs rubber and unsure which glue to get. The reason why I’m hesitating is because some have said using other glues rather than free chack can cause damage to the butterfly blades and I’m quite anxious of course. Any suggestion on my case.
should I get the free chack or dhs no.15 glue?
Also this might sound silly but does dhs rubbers have best performance only when you use no.15 glue? Lol
Lastly, will using dhs glue damage your butterfly blade?
Sry if my questions are being too long. My apology, since I just wanted to make things clear.

Wood is wood. Sponge is sponge. Glue is glue. Glue attaches sponge to rubber. It is not like Butterfly or DHS can make a glue that only works on DHS wood or sponge. Or that DHS can make a blade or a rubber that will only work with DHS brand glue. Same for Butterfly. If you have a glue that will attach sponge to wood, it will work on any sponge and any blade. Some glues attach the sponge to the glue with a stronger or a weaker bond. Different people like different versions of glue (stronger or weaker bond, or easier to remove glue from rubbers, there are a number of reasons different people make different choices when using a particular glue). But the principle is the same:

Wood is wood; Sponge is sponge; Glue is glue......

Sep 2019
Wood is wood. Sponge is sponge. Glue is glue. Glue attaches sponge to rubber. It is not like Butterfly or DHS can make a glue that only works on DHS wood or sponge. Or that DHS can make a blade or a rubber that will only work with DHS brand glue. Same for Butterfly. If you have a glue that will attach sponge to wood, it will work on any sponge and any blade. Some glues attach the sponge to the glue with a stronger or a weaker bond. Different people like different versions of glue (stronger or weaker bond, or easier to remove glue from rubbers, there are a number of reasons different people make different choices when using a particular glue). But the principle is the same:

Wood is wood; Sponge is sponge; Glue is glue......

I see. I'm clear with it now. Which glue has a stronger bond, easier to remove & which one do you personally prefer and may I know why.
Thank you🙌

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

They do, or used to sell that nasty toloune or xylene or whatever nasty stuff is used to dilute rubber cement separately so you can keep rethinning rubber cement. That would be the way to do it if good ole rubber cement is the way you roll.

Those chemicals you mention are harmful. They are not good to have around. I used acetone to thin the glue but sometimes it was hopeless.
Elmer's is cheap here. It is about $2.50 a jar. I would rather just buy a new bottle of Elmer's since it is so cheap. Since I don't change rubbers much anymore I don't use the whole bottle before the glue gets to be too thick. So whether the bottle is 4, 6 or 8 ounces, it doesn't matter much any more.

BTW, Elmer's works great. It is easy to apply and it is easy to remove the rubber if you EJ a lot. When I removed a rubber I usually just let the Elmer's on the sponge stay since there is no need to remove it unless the rubber cement is uneven. This way the next time I apply the rubber to the blade, I only need to apply rubber cement to the blade. If I do need to remove the rubber cement from the sponge then I rubber it with the palm of my hand. The friction will cause the old rubber cement to warm up and roll up into balls or rolls for dried glue that are easy to remove.