Any experiences of the Victas V > 15 Extra?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think V>15 is way more bouncy than G-1 and gives MX-P and T64 a run for their money. But it is more spin insensitive than MX-P and T64. I think the V>15 top end speed is better than MX-P and G-1.

Another good point is that the V>15 I have didn't seem to be factory boosted so over time they didn't change playing characteristics. I can probably say something similar about G-1, but MX-P is the polar opposite, it changes a lot once the factory boost evaporates.

Honestly speaking for BH side the safest and easiest to use rubber from these is the G-1, since it always has great grip and it's also spin-insensitive.

For forehand side I would personally pick MX-S if I wanted to use non-sticky rubber, and V>15 would be a 2nd choice. MX-S can make the best quality ball from all of these, but for backhand it's difficult to use since the topsheet is rather hard and you need to make the rubber catch the ball. If you can't do that MX-S will suck on BH. On FH side it's easier to do this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
so how is the top-end speed of V15 compared to G1 and MXP?

Top-end speed: V>15 Extra is a bit faster than MXP, which in turn is a fair bit faster than G1.

Of course, the big assumption here is that the person hitting the shot has the skill to handle all three rubbers equally well. If the player doesn't, then they will hold back with the V>15 and the MXP to keep the ball on the table, and only play all-out with the G1, and so, for that player, G1 will end up being the fastest rubber.

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Top-end speed: V>15 Extra is a bit faster than MXP, which in turn is a fair bit faster than G1.

Of course, the big assumption here is that the person hitting the shot has the skill to handle all three rubbers equally well. If the player doesn't, then they will hold back with the V>15 and the MXP to keep the ball on the table, and only play all-out with the G1, and so, for that player, G1 will end up being the fastest rubber.
I agree with this a lot, a rubber that you trust and can play bravely will be faster and more spinny than a rubber you play with fear. In fact if you play with fear with a rubber you will make dumb mistakes that you never do when there is no pressure.