Any Power Pong robot users?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
So I found a cheap and easy fix for the guide rails.

The problem with the guide rails is it gets dirty really quick, so I bought some Apple Watch tempered glass screen protectors, and stuck them on there. I bought a 3-pack which costs about $10. Currently I have the screen protectors on the left and right side of the rail, but I'll probably replace the top metal one that comes with the robot as well when I find some time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So I found a cheap and easy fix for the guide rails.

The problem with the guide rails is it gets dirty really quick, so I bought some Apple Watch tempered glass screen protectors, and stuck them on there. I bought a 3-pack which costs about $10. Currently I have the screen protectors on the left and right side of the rail, but I'll probably replace the top metal one that comes with the robot as well when I find some time.
pics??

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Sorry no pics right now, but it'll be a bit hard to take a good pic anyways since you know the screen protectors are transparent... basically, just align them properly and press it on for a few seconds, just like putting a screen protector on a phone, if they come off you can use some glue or double sided tape.

This user has no status.
I've tried to use a strip of thick plexiglass/perspex on the top deflector but that gunky stuff still builds up on it. I have to scrape the thing every session else the ball trajectory gets lower and lower. What IS that stuff? Is it material from the wheels? Dirt from the balls? Plastic from the balls scraping off from the impact? I'm amazed that it sticks so easy to plexiglass. There must be a solution to this problem....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Can you clarify which version of the Apple Watch tempered glass protectors you purchased? I know there have been several different designs of the apple watch, so I want to make sure i get the right ones. thanks!

p.s. how are they working out?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I just use it a feature rather than a bug these days. The gunk adds random variations to the ball which makes me having to really watch the ball and make adjustments with each individual stroke.

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
I've tried to use a strip of thick plexiglass/perspex on the top deflector but that gunky stuff still builds up on it. I have to scrape the thing every session else the ball trajectory gets lower and lower. What IS that stuff? Is it material from the wheels? Dirt from the balls? Plastic from the balls scraping off from the impact? I'm amazed that it sticks so easy to plexiglass. There must be a solution to this problem....
I have a fix for this robot now. I took a metal L bracket from the hardware store and cut off a square piece of it. Glued it on to the area where the ball deflects. None of the plastic from the balls sticks to this surface. See pics. Been going good for a week plus.
IMG_20231204_093142_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg
IMG_20231204_093100_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Wow
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hi everyone. I just purchased the Power Pong Omega and I also run into unreliable placement of the balls, especially in the length, less in left/right. I have also this kind of glue which sticks to the rail, especially on the top one, which is probably a big part of the reason for the issue.
How are your fixes working? Do they work after several weeks? Do you know if this residue become less overtime or is it still coming after month of usage?
@DukeGaGa: could you tell use which screen protector you used? If they work, couldn't we cut it to put one as well on the top guide?

Did anyone contact Power Pong to ask where this 'glue' comes from and what they advice to do?

Thank you!

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hi everyone. I just purchased the Power Pong Omega and I also run into unreliable placement of the balls, especially in the length, less in left/right. I have also this kind of glue which sticks to the rail, especially on the top one, which is probably a big part of the reason for the issue.
How are your fixes working? Do they work after several weeks? Do you know if this residue become less overtime or is it still coming after month of usage?
@DukeGaGa: could you tell use which screen protector you used? If they work, couldn't we cut it to put one as well on the top guide?

Did anyone contact Power Pong to ask where this 'glue' comes from and what they advice to do?

Thank you!
It looks like buying Apple Watch screen protectors works for fixing the sides. Top still looks like a problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I’m having the same issue with my omega. It’s really bad. It works well for only about 3-5 mins. Then it starts getting pretty wonky. Balls either going past the table or in the net. And the rate that it happens at is about 1/3-1/2 the balls being shot out. Pretty bad. I going to try the Apple Watch screen protector solution. I’m thinking if there’s a way to cut that screen protector to fit the top rail as well. Also does anyone have any idea what the black gunk is that’s getting stuck to the rails? Is it from the wheels?

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I got the same problem...maybe the gunk consists of condensed dust particles.
A different problem: the feeding mechanism is extremely unreliable. Balls get stuck over and over at the marked position and block the feeding hole underneath. Any idea how to solve this problem? (the feeder rotates anti-clockwise). Thought about a circle-shaped barrier (also blocking the top) so balls can only enter from the left side.

1.jpg

Best regards,
Stoni

This user has no status.
I tried all kinds of screen protector hacks. Still collected residue. Like I said above, the piece of square metal works. I've been going months with no problems. Power Pong should be experimenting with this type of solution. It's ludicrous that they sell this expensive robot with such a flaw and have not created a fix pack to customers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Finally found a solution, though there are still occasional jams..
Balls get stuck in the ring, because the diameter of the hole allows the balls to jam easily. I've reduced the diameter by adding a little barrier. Now ball jams are far more seldom. Probably a further reduction by about 2-3 mm will work even better.

Attachments

• IMG_20240319_135847.jpg
    IMG_20240319_135847.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 19