Any way to remove ink from topsheet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I had another rubber's sponge on top of this rubber. The ink got stuck on the topsheet now. Is there any way to remove the ink?

Cleaner didnt seem to do anything.

IMG_20240123_121232.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Acetone/nail polish remover.

First, get a small amount of water ready or do this near a sink. Then, get a cotton ball and apply the acetone to it. Rub the cotton ball on the ink to remove it. Immediately rinse with the plain water before any acetone dries. Should fix the problem

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Acetone/nail polish remover.

First, get a small amount of water ready or do this near a sink. Then, get a cotton ball and apply the acetone to it. Rub the cotton ball on the ink to remove it. Immediately rinse with the plain water before any acetone dries. Should fix the problem
R u sure that wouldnt damage the rubber?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
As long as you don't let the acetone dry, it should be fine. That's why you need to rinse it right away
of course acetone dries in seconds, and I don't mean a lot of seconds either .
I would be honestly surprised if you could get rid of the ink without making some sort of mark.

Can;t you just live with the ink marks ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
of course acetone dries in seconds, and I don't mean a lot of seconds either .
I would be honestly surprised if you could get rid of the ink without making some sort of mark.

Can;t you just live with the ink marks ?
Yes, living with the ink marks is better than damaging the rubber.

But if there is a non-dangerous method, I would like to try it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Try meths,we used it in the print trade to remove inks from various substrates without any damage

This user has no status.
I had another rubber's sponge on top of this rubber. The ink got stuck on the topsheet now. Is there any way to remove the ink?

Cleaner didnt seem to do anything.

View attachment 28161
Honestly, if you play with it a bit and clean the rubber after a few points / rallies I think it'll wear off. I wouldn't use any chemicals, maybe take a paper towel with a little bit of water and rub on it lightly.

But if you do plan on ordering one, you can order from tabletennisstore.us, usually on sale too. You can use my code SGCTTS for additional 14% off.