Are DHS rubbers on AliExpress genuine?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yes, DHS rubbers are genuine, at least the ones I have bought. No, the prices are not 1/2 off TT11.

I reside in N. America and when I get 30% off DHS 3 commercial and apply 30% bulk discount, it is literally $18.70 per sheet from TT11.

No, you cannot find a single sheet of DHS 3 commercial for less than $22-$23 on Aliexpress.

I have recently moved onto DHS 3 NEO provincial blue sponge and they are quite tacky still (I don't know when they will become non tacky). I get it for about $46 a sheet on Aliexpress. On TT11, with 30% bulk discount (if you buy $300 or more per order), it is about $41.22 a sheet. For that price difference, I would buy from Aliexpress to ensure I get a tacky sheet.

All DHS 3 commercial are non-tacky by now. Trust me. I have bought it from Hong Kong, Aliexpress, TT11 and Dandoy. All of them are non-tacky.

So I have moved onto DHS 3 provincial blue sponge (and Sanwei Target National) to get the tackiness.

If you are new to the Chinese rubber world, I do recommend you to start with DHS 3 commercial version. Dirt cheap and you should figure out if you like Chinese rubber or not. It is an acquired taste: either you like it or you don't. And I have lied. DHS 3 commercial version is still kind of tacky but more like hybrid tacky (like D09c, K2, K3, Dragon Grip, Joola Golden Tango, etc.). But for us loooooooong time DHS users, that amount of tackiness is rubbish. Oh well.....

• Haha
Reactions: ben1229 and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
In general, yes. Definitely, for commercial-grade products and If you stick to bigger stores, you should receive what you expect. If you get into the provincial/national/ blue sponge etc. territory, you can never be absolutely sure as this is harder to distinguish. Stay away from new stores with weird names containing numbers etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
In general, yes. Definitely, for commercial-grade products and If you stick to bigger stores, you should receive what you expect. If you get into the provincial/national/ blue sponge etc. territory, you can never be absolutely sure as this is harder to distinguish. Stay away from new stores with weird names containing numbers etc.
I agree. I am already taking a chance buying provincial from Aliexpress. I would not buy National from Aliexpress. Not taking that chance. No way.

TT11 on the other hand, I trust 120%. TT11 has always been good to every single customer who orders from them.

Dandoy I also trust. However, Dandoy is not as fast and not as communicative as TT11.

TT11 remains my most favorite shop.

Reactions: JeffreyMG and Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I agree. I am already taking a chance buying provincial from Aliexpress. I would not buy National from Aliexpress. Not taking that chance. No way.

TT11 on the other hand, I trust 120%. TT11 has always been good to every single customer who orders from them.

Dandoy I also trust. However, Dandoy is not as fast and not as communicative as TT11.

TT11 remains my most favorite shop.
yeah TT11 looks great, I've bought from Dandoy before who were also excellent but not yet from TT11

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
yeah TT11 looks great, I've bought from Dandoy before who were also excellent but not yet from TT11
Trust me. You will like TT11 more than Dandoy.

I am surprised that TT11's DHS is so expensive for you in UK. Is it due to VAT?

I mean, I quote my numbers in US dollars because I live in N. America. And TT11 with 30% discount does beat Aliexpress by some margin.

Whenever I order from TT11, I can buy $300 easily without my clubmates chipping in. And sometimes I might buy 25% off on their weekly special. After all, why argue between 25% v.s. 30%.

I have slowed down my purchase by a lot because as you can tell, I have a lot o inventory to burn and use up. For example, on my backhand right now, I have various blades that have C-1, Rakza 7 soft, Acuda 2 (pink), Barracuda (blue), Aurus, M2 (also blue), Vega Japan x 2, Rozena (that one is super old but still feels good), etc. I like C-1 the best but I gotta wear down the rubber! I am trying very hard to get rid of my EJ virus infection....

Reactions: AdamTT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Trust me. You will like TT11 more than Dandoy.

I am surprised that TT11's DHS is so expensive for you in UK. Is it due to VAT?

I mean, I quote my numbers in US dollars because I live in N. America. And TT11 with 30% discount does beat Aliexpress by some margin.

Whenever I order from TT11, I can buy $300 easily without my clubmates chipping in. And sometimes I might buy 25% off on their weekly special. After all, why argue between 25% v.s. 30%.

I have slowed down my purchase by a lot because as you can tell, I have a lot o inventory to burn and use up. For example, on my backhand right now, I have various blades that have C-1, Rakza 7 soft, Acuda 2 (pink), Barracuda (blue), Aurus, M2 (also blue), Vega Japan x 2, Rozena (that one is super old but still feels good), etc. I like C-1 the best but I gotta wear down the rubber! I am trying very hard to get rid of my EJ virus infection....
Yeah - I appear to have caught EJ as well but unsure who from, could be any one of my team....

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 21.00.54.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 21.00.54.png
    312.6 KB · Views: 31
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I do not know how old this advert is, it looks however like there must be 2 different HWsport stores and maybe even 2 different Aliexpress.
I just took this pic 5 minutes ago from the above website
on top of the NZ$ 38.32 will come 15% GST (you VAT)
total NZ$ 44.068 That is pretty much GBP 20.

Attachments

• IMG20240427083124.jpg
    IMG20240427083124.jpg
    856.6 KB · Views: 13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I do not know how old this advert is, it looks however like there must be 2 different HWsport stores and maybe even 2 different Aliexpress.
I just took this pic 5 minutes ago from the above website
on top of the NZ$ 38.32 will come 15% GST (you VAT)
total NZ$ 44.068 That is pretty much GBP 20.
maybe it's a regional price? this is the link to the page, but I also have similar prices from other vendors https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...yieBCdGE&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I clicked on the site and the price for me (from N. America) is $20 and change. I would admit. That is cheaper than the regular price from TT11.

If you are not going to buy in bulk, I think it is fine you get this Hurricane from Aliexpress. TT11 for commercial only carries 39 degrees. With this seller on Aliexpress, you can try 38 degree, 39 degree, 40 degree or 41 degree.

If you have not tried Hurricane before, I would recommend 39 degree to start off with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I clicked on the site and the price for me (from N. America) is $20 and change. I would admit. That is cheaper than the regular price from TT11.

If you are not going to buy in bulk, I think it is fine you get this Hurricane from Aliexpress. TT11 for commercial only carries 39 degrees. With this seller on Aliexpress, you can try 38 degree, 39 degree, 40 degree or 41 degree.

If you have not tried Hurricane before, I would recommend 39 degree to start off with.
from what i can tell, it could be an introductory offer price as i've never used AliExpress before. I'll order a few next week and see how I get on (trying a few different rubbers on monday on friends' bats)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
that is indeed possible. You can test this by trying to order more than one item because these specials are normally just for 1 item. If they let you have many , take the lot 😂
I agree. introductory is usually for one item. If it is that cheap, I would buy a few in one scoop too. But if you buy too many, might as well go to TT11.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I agree. introductory is usually for one item. If it is that cheap, I would buy a few in one scoop too. But if you buy too many, might as well go to TT11.
Maybe at a price less than US$ 10. postage included even TT11 could not compete. Also TT11 has always a limited hardness and sponge thickness. The good thing with the Neos is that they come vacuum packed and should store in a cupboard a long time......................maybe 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Yes, DHS rubbers are genuine, at least the ones I have bought. No, the prices are not 1/2 off TT11.

I reside in N. America and when I get 30% off DHS 3 commercial and apply 30% bulk discount, it is literally $18.70 per sheet from TT11.

No, you cannot find a single sheet of DHS 3 commercial for less than $22-$23 on Aliexpress.
You can get H3 for $16 if you buy in bulk at Alibaba. Makes more sense to compare bulk to bulk. Though I bet it's probably a bit more onerous to order from Alibaba.

This user has no status.

I have recently moved onto DHS 3 NEO provincial blue sponge and they are quite tacky still (I don't know when they will become non tacky). I get it for about $46 a sheet on Aliexpress. On TT11, with 30% bulk discount (if you buy $300 or more per order), it is about $41.22 a sheet. For that price difference, I would buy from Aliexpress to ensure I get a tacky sheet.

All DHS 3 commercial are non-tacky by now. Trust me. I have bought it from Hong Kong, Aliexpress, TT11 and Dandoy. All of them are non-tacky.

So I have moved onto DHS 3 provincial blue sponge (and Sanwei Target National) to get the tackiness.

If you are new to the Chinese rubber world, I do recommend you to start with DHS 3 commercial version. Dirt cheap and you should figure out if you like Chinese rubber or not. It is an acquired taste: either you like it or you don't. And I have lied. DHS 3 commercial version is still kind of tacky but more like hybrid tacky (like D09c, K2, K3, Dragon Grip, Joola Golden Tango, etc.). But for us loooooooong time DHS users, that amount of tackiness is rubbish. Oh well.....
Any experience with the Nittaku Hurricane 3 Neo? I have read people saying they are Provincial quality, and I can find them for less than provincial.