Are double fish rubbers any good?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Sueke for me feels mushy. It does have the 'dwell' of DHS blue sponge, but without its 'slingshot' feeling

On the other hand, I've been in love-hate relationship with volant phoenix. Somehow easy to use, unboosted performance is good enough, higher tolerance, and it's drive/topspin/loop trajectory is surprisingly 'deep' enough to give trouble at the receiving end, in which this characteristics is rarely found in rubbers at its price range
I think I will give the 41d a try sometime.

says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021
I think I will give the 41d a try sometime.
Give it a shot

Few weeks ago, I've been experimenting with Battle 2 BS to no avail, it somehow messes up the overall 'clarity', my short pips backhand side feels weird. Any short pips I used (splinter, killer, moristo SP, hexer pips force, spinfire) it somehow feels weird when paired with battle 2 BS, especially with spinfire 2.1mm, resulting in significant reduction of consistencies in any shots

And magically volant phoenix seems to 'fix' it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
battle3.boosted(now)

My friend is visiting and I'll make 2 setups for him
- Vodak Horejsi APC, Battle 3 H39, Vega Pro 2.0
- XVT Hinoki Carbon, Xiom J&H Z 52.5, Vega Europe 2.0

I've also put fresh DFVP H40 on my Viscaria with new BD H38, and will test all these setups and my setup in next days... Now I'd just say my resolve to play with my Viscaria setup off-season already vanished ;-)

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
EVERLASTING TACKY RUBBER BY DF.

Double Fish is famous for having developed "everlasting stickiness formula", a tacky topsheet to be never impaired with mechanical abrasion, compared favourably against DHS rubber products.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
EVERLASTING TACKY RUBBER BY DF.

Double Fish is famous for having developed "everlasting stickiness formula", a tacky topsheet to be never impaired with mechanical abrasion, compared favourably against DHS rubber products.

Hey Igor, happy you didn't complain about that B3 ;-) Regarding tackiness, the DFVP is really less tacky than Rxton 9. I'll see how it evolves this time. Well, if I force myself to play with it. The thing is, the DFVP H40, while having similar sponge hardness as Rxton 9 H40.5, its top-sheet is significantly harder than Rxton's. The Rxton 9 feels nicely elastic to me.

Then also the BD H38 feels a bit harder than Vega X on the BH, and definitely a bit slower. It's not bad, but I prefer the Vega. The Viscaria helps here, since it is faster, but I miss the feed-back from my main blade. Hard to force myself 3x to play with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I tested Volant H41, it is very very nice. It very much feels like boosted H3 H41. It is hard, tacky with good rebound. It doesnt feel as zippy as Big Dipper or Jupiter 3. It really is like a boosted H3.

I feel a good amount of catch and dwell time, high grip and spin.

Quite similar to N80 also but faster.

Reactions: BlueInGreen
May 2021
I tested Volant H41, it is very very nice. It very much feels like boosted H3 H41. It is hard, tacky with good rebound. It doesnt feel as zippy as Big Dipper or Jupiter 3. It really is like a boosted H3.

I feel a good amount of catch and dwell time, high grip and spin.

Quite similar to N80 also but faster.

If you would like to share, what's your personal opinion, comparing rxton 3/5 pro with volant phoenix?

And also, about topsheet durability? (which in my experience, volant phoenix pretty sucks at this. It easily oxidized)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
If you would like to share, what's your personal opinion, comparing rxton 3/5 pro with volant phoenix?

And also, about topsheet durability? (which in my experience, volant phoenix pretty sucks at this. It easily oxidized)
Not sure about the oxidization. It looks like a normal topsheet to me, so I don't think there's any issue with durability. If you saw my other thread, I just pulled out a 25 year old rubber that is still tacky and grippy, so I tend to be suspicious when people say a certain rubber has poor durability. But time will tell.

I think Volant looks higher quality than Rxton 3/5 Pro. The topsheet seems grippier to me. The overall control seems better as well. Volant gives a sense of higher reliability than Rxton. And most importantly, the hardness of Volant is accurate, with my H41 genuinely feeling hard. My Rxton 5 always comes out softer than is labeled.

I haven't even felt the need to boost Volant yet either. The speed is already pretty good, with very good spin and control. I have a very confident loop with this rubber. I have a strong feeling that the rubber will be significantly better after boosting.

May 2021
Not sure about the oxidization. It looks like a normal topsheet to me, so I don't think there's any issue with durability. If you saw my other thread, I just pulled out a 25 year old rubber that is still tacky and grippy, so I tend to be suspicious when people say a certain rubber has poor durability. But time will tell.

I think Volant looks higher quality than Rxton 3/5 Pro. The topsheet seems grippier to me. The overall control seems better as well. Volant gives a sense of higher reliability than Rxton. And most importantly, the hardness of Volant is accurate, with my H41 genuinely feeling hard. My Rxton 5 always comes out softer than is labeled.

I haven't even felt the need to boost Volant yet either. The speed is already pretty good, with very good spin and control. I have a very confident loop with this rubber. I have a strong feeling that the rubber will be significantly better after boosting.

Thanks for the insight. Perhaps it is my misconduct in maintaining the topsheet that makes it easily oxidized