Ayano in China

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014

Wow, Ayano played some strong players in China. She herself is like 2300. What would that old guy and the girl be? Like 2400 and 2500?
Impossible to tell for sure from just the limited footage available, they are both above usatt2000 for sure. Old dude looks kinda tricky to play, Id guess he'd be around usatt2200 or more at a glance, but he was likely much better when he was younger given the proficiency and consistency of his tpb, it was probably just a bad matchup for a rally player like Ayano as he could just sit at the table and block while not fearing such a strong attack. The lady could possibly get usatt2400-2500+, bh attack was played very consistently off the bounce with high power and deep placement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Impossible to tell for sure from just the limited footage available, they are both above usatt2000 for sure. Old dude looks kinda tricky to play, Id guess he'd be around usatt2200 or more at a glance, but he was likely much better when he was younger given the proficiency and consistency of his tpb, it was probably just a bad matchup for a rally player like Ayano as he could just sit at the table and block while not fearing such a strong attack. The lady could possibly get usatt2400-2500+, bh attack was played very consistently off the bounce with high power and deep placement.
Yeah, the lady looked really good, I would guess 2500. I mean, if that is true, she's literally better than the team America sent to the world team championships.

Just out of curiosity, are there members here on TTD that are on or higher than her level?

This user has no status.
China is not so far from Japan. I have to do a 1 week training in China sometime in the future just for a one-time life experience. a Korean buddy of mine often goes there and invited to go with him. its on my checklist.

--

Ayano is very good but tbh i see many girls playing as good or better than her where i practice... Many many good players in Japan.

What is amazing is her Youtuber skills and the storytelling in her vids. The only popular Youtuber girl in Japan i can think of is Ao-chan but her level is much lower than Ayano. But she's balancing that with more entertainment, humor etc... She's the short hair girl playing with pimples and often in Takukichi videos. I've had the chance to play with both of them. But not Ayano yet. I wonder where she plays in Japan