Bat help for intermediate player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
Hi guys,

as the title says I'm an intermediate level player playing with my local club looking to get a bat made, I Currently play with the Palio 3.0 master and now I feel I'm at the level where I want to make my own bat, I've been speaking to a support agent from a site who has tried helping me but wouldn't give more than 1 option and before spending £140 on a bat I may not like I thought I'd try and get some more advice. Andro Novacell All/Speed was the blade recommended with Andro Hexer Powersponge for my forehand rubber and JUIC 999 CHN for my backhand.

I'm looking for something that I can grow into. The Palio I have lacks power but I enjoy the control so I'd like something with both, I excel offensively with my FH but I'd like to keep some control, whereas with my BH I have an all round playstyle. Live in the UK so stuff that's available here would be appreciated, Thanks for any advice.[h1] [/h1]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
If you are coming from a premade. You should start with an allround class blade. As for rubbers I think a controlled medium hard tensor is the way to go. You will probably get dozens of different suggestions. But it won’t matter as long as it’s an allround blade and a not too fast and hard tensor. In another active thread the recommendation was Yasaka Sweden Extra with Rakza 7. But Stiga Allround with Mantra M/S or DNA Future would be equally good and so would a Primorac with Rozena. The suggested Andro all blade and Andro Hexer Powersponge are also equally good. But I can’t understand why he recommended you that backhand rubber. It’s a unorthodox way to go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Then for the blade I would recommend TSP/Victas SWAT or SWAT 5PW, SWAT is 7 layers and is a bit faster, SWAT 5PW is 5 layers and has more control. As for the rubbers, I would always recommend Hurricane for forehand, if you don't mind boosting then Hurricane 3/3 Neo, if you don't want to boost then Hurricane 8 is your friend. For the backhand there are lots of options, butterfly rozena is always a good choice, it shows you what tenergy/dignics is all about without breaking your bank.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
If you are coming from a premade. You should start with an allround class blade. As for rubbers I think a controlled medium hard tensor is the way to go. You will probably get dozens of different suggestions. But it won’t matter as long as it’s an allround blade and a not too fast and hard tensor. In another active thread the recommendation was Yasaka Sweden Extra with Rakza 7. But Stiga Allround with Mantra M/S or DNA Future would be equally good and so would a Primorac with Rozena. The suggested Andro all blade and Andro Hexer Powersponge are also equally good. But I can’t understand why he recommended you that backhand rubber. It’s a unorthodox way to go.

Thanks for the suggestions, did some research on the Yasaka setup and it looks good, looking at the Rakza 7 rubbers they seem faster than I'd imagine for my level but is that because I'd be using a slower blade? would you use the same rubber on both sides and what thickness do you recommend?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews

Thanks for the suggestions, did some research on the Yasaka setup and it looks good, looking at the Rakza 7 rubbers they seem faster than I'd imagine for my level but is that because I'd be using a slower blade? would you use the same rubber on both sides and what thickness do you recommend?

At this stage, I think it’s advisable to use the same rubber for both forehand and backhand. Thickness 2.0 or max.
The Rakza 7 is moderately fast. It’s not faster than Andro Hexer Powersponge. Equipped on a allround blade it would be a controlled setup. But a big step up from a premade. It would take some time to adapt to. But it would be something you can “grow into “.
If you want a more controlled setup you could go for the Stiga DNA future or Xiom Vega intro rubbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hudz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
Then for the blade I would recommend TSP/Victas SWAT or SWAT 5PW, SWAT is 7 layers and is a bit faster, SWAT 5PW is 5 layers and has more control. As for the rubbers, I would always recommend Hurricane for forehand, if you don't mind boosting then Hurricane 3/3 Neo, if you don't want to boost then Hurricane 8 is your friend. For the backhand there are lots of options, butterfly rozena is always a good choice, it shows you what tenergy/dignics is all about without breaking your bank.

Thanks for the options, going to look at some of these and research them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022

At this stage, I think it’s advisable to use the same rubber for both forehand and backhand. Thickness 2.0 or max.
The Rakza 7 is moderately fast. It’s not faster than Andro Hexer Powersponge. Equipped on a allround blade it would be a controlled setup. But a big step up from a premade. It would take some time to adapt to. But it would be something you can “grow into “.
If you want a more controlled setup you could go for the Stiga DNA future or Xiom Vega intro rubbers.

Great, I think I'm sold on this after also looking at the previous post with others recommending this setup. I can also get it for a very reasonable price which is another plus. Lastly is the rubber thickness, I'm tempted to go for max would there be a big difference in 2.0/max if so what would it be?

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews

Great, I think I'm sold on this after also looking at the previous post with others recommending this setup. I can also get it for a very reasonable price which is another plus. Lastly is the rubber thickness, I'm tempted to go for max would there be a big difference in 2.0/max if so what would it be?

If your tempted to go for Max rubbers, then go for it! It will not make a big difference. 2,0 mm rubbers would be slightly easier to control short game and flat hits. Max rubbers will benefit heavy looping with quality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022

If your tempted to go for Max rubbers, then go for it! It will not make a big difference. 2,0 mm rubbers would be slightly easier to control short game and flat hits. Max rubbers will benefit heavy looping with quality.

Okay, last question I have would it be a viable option to go for max on FH and 2.0 on BH then? I play closer with BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I agree on a nice allround wooden blade, but check out Sanwei Gear Hyper. This is a rubber with control, spin and speed when you want it. It's more linear than Rakza or DNA, but still sufficent speed to play a really offensive game. There's only 2.0mm sponge, but it comes in three hardnesses 37, 38 and 39 where perhaps the 39 could be your forehand and the 37 your backhand. It's worth to consider. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
I agree on a nice allround wooden blade, but check out Sanwei Gear Hyper. This is a rubber with control, spin and speed when you want it. It's more linear than Rakza or DNA, but still sufficent speed to play a really offensive game. There's only 2.0mm sponge, but it comes in three hardnesses 37, 38 and 39 where perhaps the 39 could be your forehand and the 37 your backhand. It's worth to consider. :)

Thanks, I've decided to go with the Sweden Extra with Rakza 7 2.0 BH and max on FH but appreciate the information.