Best Flat Hitting Rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Hi, Kabayan, Everybody

This is my first time in this forum. Been playing for a long time but never bothered checking table tennis forums out until now.

I see myself as a flat driver player and I couldn't be happier with my rubber Calibra LT Sound for flat drive. The sound it produces is very crisp and very explosive, the opponent won't have time to react and block the ball. I use Tenergy 64 on my backhand and its also good for flat drive. I have tried a lot of rubber and MXP Hard is also good but it's just so freaking heavy compared to my Calibra.

If you guys have time, check this out. I played at Lily Yip and this my first time playing after COVID. I didn't play for about 6 months so I'm a bit rusty.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheProfessor
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
I see. I'm always having problems with flat hit. The angle is too narrow to drop the ball on the opponent's table. For me, it's safer to use topspins to make the ball go over the net. Maybe I need to practice more.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi, Kabayan, Everybody

This is my first time in this forum. Been playing for a long time but never bothered checking table tennis forums out until now.

I see myself as a flat driver player and I couldn't be happier with my rubber Calibra LT Sound for flat drive. The sound it produces is very crisp and very explosive, the opponent won't have time to react and block the ball. I use Tenergy 64 on my backhand and its also good for flat drive. I have tried a lot of rubber and MXP Hard is also good but it's just so freaking heavy compared to my Calibra.

If you guys have time, check this out. I played at Lily Yip and this my first time playing after COVID. I didn't play for about 6 months so I'm a bit rusty.

Who needs spin when one can HULK SMASH with a 110% satisfaction! Welcome to the club - From another flat smasher.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
two comments:

1) agree. If you want to flat hit better than anything else, you should use short pips.

2) I am not sure it is the rubber.I think it is the blade. I have a Nittaku Acoustic Carbon and it had T05 fx one side and T64 fx the other side. It did not matter which side I used, the ball just flew out like a rocket. Flat hitting would be the only thing I could do with that blade. I only used that blade while playing doubles, fooling around with flat hitting everything.

Now I have tamed that blade with H3 neo on the FH and Xiom Vega Europe on the BH.....I can loop again, finally.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
As a learned doctor used to teach his younger students
-- too many cooks spoil the broth, sorry👨‍🍳 👨‍🍳 👨‍🍳 👨‍🍳 👨‍🍳 👨‍🍳 👨‍🍳 😩

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro and nicedream
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi, Kabayan, Everybody

Hi Kabayan, I haven't logged into to my account for a while sorry for the late reply, will check your vid later when I'm on break as TTD is accessible on my work pc but not youtube though :D

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
  • Just came across this interesting rubber: Goriki Kaishoku rubber by Nittaku is advertised as an inverted rubber designed for flat-hitting and is able to drive ( top-spin ) when the need arises. Now this is a very interesting rubber in my opinion, like a two - in- one design.
  • As you all know, being a flat-hitter / smasher myself ( not by choice but by incompetency ), this product seems like a god-send.
  • So, my question is, has anyone here actually ever use it? Is it as good as advertised? I checked it out at Shopee and its price point is similar to old gen ESN rubber ( Baracuda / Acuda ), which makes it even attractive. So, help me out here guys, anyone has first hand experience?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Tenergy 64 or Dignics 64 are well known for spinny openups and Perfect flat hitting in rally. Sounds like what you are looking for?
Thank you. What do you know? I just happen to have a sheet of T64 lying in my inventory. I'll glue it on and bring it to my club for some action time tomorrow.