Best rubbers on WCL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
Best rubbers on WLC

Hi everyone, it's time for me to change my rubbers, but I don't know what to buy.

My blade is a Waldner Legend Carbon and I have acuda s2 on FH and acuda s3 on BH, but I want to change them.

I love to play close to the table, I love to loop first, but I normally block the rest of the point. (I love looping, but I prefer to block)

Any recommendations ?
Thank you !

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hi everyone, it's time for me to change my rubbers, but I don't know what to buy.

My blade is a Waldner Legend Carbon and I have acuda s2 on FH and acuda s3 on BH, but I want to change them.

I love to play close to the table, I love to loop first, but I normally block the rest of the point. (I love looping, but I prefer to block)

Any recommendations ?
Thank you !

With a name like yours, Loïk Lapointe , I would try a pair of Loki Rxton 5.
But then i am biased.
😉

user-offline.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I'm a blocker with strong spinny open-ups FH and BH loops only when I decide it's the right time to do it, my game is kind of "TT Percentage": close to the ball, minimum risk taken but I like to put pressure and counter attack. Sticky/Tacky topsheet rubbers are not meant to block efficiently, what you need with that blade is simply a good ESN rubber with soft to mid sponge, and that's exactly what you did with both rubbers you played with, Acuda S2 and S3. So to me you're in the right way with those rubbers.

The blocking strategy kind of rubbers that fits my game since last year is the Stiga DNA Pro M, you could easily use the softer version DNA Pro S on your BH, they're really efficient for blocking, and the slow open-ups are really spinny.

People here think sticky/tacky topsheet are the norm, but that's not the case for everyone, you know... that stupid all offensive with top spins and counter spins at long distances trend is nearly killing that creativity the blockers are known for, like Waldner, Samsonov, Koki Niwa.

Don't jump in that trend with sticky topsheet rubbers, it will kill your blocking game, I've done it with chinese blue sponge rubbers, red 37° H3, ESN or Butterfly hybrid like the Rakza Z or Dignics 09C.... there's nothing better than a regular soft/mid sponge with a flexy blade to keep the ball on the table whilst still being able to spin the ball at close range.

Of course, there's also the short pips, thestandard rubber for blocking but... bye bye spin then.

Reactions: Loïk Lapointe
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I'm a blocker with strong spinny open-ups FH and BH loops only when I decide it's the right time to do it, my game is kind of "TT Percentage": close to the ball, minimum risk taken but I like to put pressure and counter attack. Sticky/Tacky topsheet rubbers are not meant to block efficiently, what you need with that blade is simply a good ESN rubber with soft to mid sponge, and that's exactly what you did with both rubbers you played with, Acuda S2 and S3. So to me you're in the right way with those rubbers.

The blocking strategy kind of rubbers that fits my game since last year is the Stiga DNA Pro M, you could easily use the softer version DNA Pro S on your BH, they're really efficient for blocking, and the slow open-ups are really spinny.

People here think sticky/tacky topsheet are the norm, but that's not the case for everyone, you know... that stupid all offensive with top spins and counter spins at long distances trend is nearly killing that creativity the blockers were known for, like Waldner, Samsonov, Koki Niwa.

Don't jump in that trend with sticky topsheet rubbers, it will kill your blocking game, I've done it with chinese blue sponge rubbers, red 37° H3, ESN or Butterfly hybrid like the Rakza Z or Dignics 09C.... there's nothing better than a regular soft/mid sponge with a flexy blade to keep the ball on the table whilst still being able to spin the ball at close range.

Of course, there's also the short pips, the standard rubber for blocking but... bye bye spin then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I'm a blocker with strong spinny open-ups FH and BH loops only when I decide it's the right time to do it, my game is kind of "TT Percentage": close to the table, minimum risk taken but I like to put pressure and counter attack. Sticky/Tacky topsheet rubbers are not meant to block efficiently, what you need with that blade is simply a good ESN rubber with soft to mid sponge, and that's exactly what you did with both rubbers you played with, Acuda S2 and S3. So to me you're in the right way with those rubbers.

People here think sticky/tacky topsheet are the norm, but that's not the case for everyone, you know... that stupid all offensive with top spins and counter spins at long distances trend is nearly killing that creativity the blockers were known for, like Waldner, Samsonov, Koki Niwa.

Of course, there's also the short pips, the standard rubber for blocking but... bye bye spin then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
I'm a blocker with strong spinny open-ups FH and BH loops only when I decide it's the right time to do it, my game is kind of "TT Percentage": close to the table, minimum risk taken but I like to put pressure and counter attack. Sticky/Tacky topsheet rubbers are not meant to block efficiently, what you need with that blade is simply a good ESN rubber with soft to mid sponge, and that's exactly what you did with both rubbers you played with, Acuda S2 and S3. So to me you're in the right way with those rubbers.

I'll stay with this type of rubbers, thank you !

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Of course, there's also the short pips, the standard rubber for blocking but... bye bye spin then

Simplification, actually, gross-simplification. Friendship 802-40 Mystery III gives great spin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Of course, there's also the short pips, the standard rubber for blocking but... bye bye spin then

Simplification, actually, gross-simplification. Friendship 802-40 Mystery III gives great spin

Come on.. be serious a minute, it will never be as spinny as a regular backside topsheet, the blocking strategy Loïk and I use seems to be the same: strong spinny open-ups, most of the time aimed at elbow's opponent's to avoid any counter and force him to give a high ball easy to smash or loop kill, it's impossible to do efficiciently with ANY short pips rubber

Reactions: Loïk Lapointe
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Come on.. be serious a minute, it will never be as spinny as a regular backside topsheet, the bloc -king strategy Loïk and I use seems to be the same: strong spinny open-ups, most of the time aimed at elbow's opponent's to avoid any counter and force him to give a high ball easy to smash or loop kill, it's impossible to do efficiciently with ANY short pips rubber

it is like trying to explain to someone the taste of chocolate - you can;t.................one has to taste it .
Do you need me to send you a sample 😁

SO WHAT !!!! All I said was: <<<<<< Friendship 802-40 Mystery III gives great spin>>>>> I never claimed it to be the spinniest
Rubber this side of the black stump/

But the bottom line will always remain the same : NO RUBBER GIVES ANY SPIN. The player makes the spin