Best setup for Yasaka Sweden Extra

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I don't know about you but I started off with Jonyer H and Mark V , and it lasted for years and years. Infact , I am still very much sorry somebody stole it in my old club ... I have played 2200 players who prefer to play with Mark V , even after changing to tenergy and other rubbers , for them they can generate the power they need with Mark V and don't really need advanced rubbers. Now my drill block is pretty good, and I am not boasting, its around 2000 level or more , however, when they looped 80 percent power with Mark V I was having trouble keeping it on table , even when I was making it , but I could feel the power in my hand ... so there is nothing wrong with using Mark V , infact even now in Asian countries especially India its still considered as the best setup for a beginner ...

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I don't know about you but I started off with Jonyer H and Mark V , and it lasted for years and years. Infact , I am still very much sorry somebody stole it in my old club ... I have played 2200 players who prefer to play with Mark V , even after changing to tenergy and other rubbers , for them they can generate the power they need with Mark V and don't really need advanced rubbers. Now my drill block is pretty good, and I am not boasting, its around 2000 level or more , however, when they looped 80 percent power with Mark V I was having trouble keeping it on table , even when I was making it , but I could feel the power in my hand ... so there is nothing wrong with using Mark V , infact even now in Asian countries especially India its still considered as the best setup for a beginner ...
But boosted or unboosted? I've heard about that rubber always was boosted, by the way, do you have a footage watching and using that setup?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Unboosted ... I don't have my own footage , but I can refer you to a video of a 2200 player who I know uses this rubber and prefers it to tenergy and other catapult based rubbers on his forehand even to this day .... the guy in the red shorts ... I have played against him ... anyways I think Carl and I have provided enough information and its for you to decide what to do ... its nearing the point where its getting a little irritating trying to prove what is valid info. You will always have multiple opinion on the internet and its always easier to throw in generic remarks to undermine solid advice, since you have enough life experience you should be able to sort out good advice and what works for you by yourself with all the info. provided and I truly believe its already more than necessary , neither Carl nor I are going to gain anything from you getting convinced , its not like yasaka is going to transfer some amount into our account each time they make a sale :) .. and even then I believe they would rather sale Rakza than Mark V

But boosted or unboosted? I've heard about that rubber always was boosted, by the way, do you have a footage watching and using that setup?

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I don't have my own footage , but I can give you a video of a 2200 player who I know uses this rubber .... the guy in the red shorts ... I have played against him and I know he used Mark V during this time ... anyways I think Carl and I have provided enough information and its for you to decide what to do ... its nearing the mark where its getting a little irritating trying to prove what is valid info. You will always have multiple opinion on the internet and its always easier to throw in generic remarks to undermine solid advise, since you have enough life experience you should be able to sort out good advise and what works for you by yourself with all the info. provided , neither Carl nor I are going to gain anything from this , its not like yasaka is going to transfer some amount into our account everytime they make a sell ..

I Don't despite the Carl's advice, nor your advice by the way, I know Carl is a solid player and he knows what he's talking about, I don't know if there are a deal or not, because I'm not a hacker, anyway I don't think about it either, YSE is not top blade, and rubbers either actually, but I'm not rich so I cannot afford a setup every month, by the way, I'm selling the dwsc with the mx-p and rakza, to get it the new setup, YSE with Mark v

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sell the Senso Carbon setup for sure.

If you need money, just stick with the Korbel and use it.

When you feel money isn't tight, a Sweden Extra will help you develop your technique.

It won't help you win games and matches today. But a few months down the road, it will help there.

The first thing it would do is help your technique start to improve. Those balls that jump to the left or the right, those balls that jump too high or the ones that drop off your racket into the net because the contact is inconsistent, the racket will help you improve those things and then your spin, placement and power will get more consistent. As that starts to happen, you will start winning more against guys who were beating you before.

But that will take a few months of using the new racket.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Equaaz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Sell the Senso Carbon setup for sure.

If you need money, just stick with the Korbel and use it.

When you feel money isn't tight, a Sweden Extra will help you develop your technique.

It won't help you win games and matches today. But a few months down the road, it will help there.

The first thing it would do is help your technique start to improve.

I have a tournament at end of year, I was challenged by a guy who is awesome, so I want to defeat him, not kick his (_|_) but , just demonstrate that if the one can try can success too.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Good luck to you on that. The more you train intelligently and play matches, the more you will improve.

Good coaching can help too.

However, with a 2 year old and another baby on the way, taking care of the family seems like a higher priority.

If your training is efficient and intelligent, you will improve.

Equipment that is holding you back will only slow you down so much. But your attention should be on training and working on improving your weaknesses.

You should also watch as many pro matches as you can. You play like a recreational player standing in the middle of the table squared to the table. The way you stand makes it hard for you to hit a FH and hard to cover the wide BH. If your opponent returns your serve to BH or FH your position is comprised unless your opponent hits it right to your BH so you don't have to move.

Watch the pros, they generally serve from the BH side and use the serve to control the table. When you serve you are hoping the ball does not come back. But when it does you are not ready for it and you don't have a plan.

Work on serve and receive and 3rd ball attacks. If you learned higher level strategies, you could improve your game skills level without your technique even improving. Your game strategy needs just as much work as everything else.

You should make a thread asking about game strategies. Because it is worth hearing some different players explain some of their strategies.

Also, read through comments by guys like NextLevel in the Daily Chit Chat thread. He gives a lot of great advice on technique and strategy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jirrex and dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Good luck to you on that. The more you train intelligently and play matches, the more you will improve.

Good coaching can help too.

However, with a 2 year old and another baby on the way, taking care of the family seems like a higher priority.

If your training is efficient and intelligent, you will improve.

Equipment that is holding you back will only slow you down so much. But your attention should be on training and working on improving your weaknesses.

You should also watch as many pro matches as you can. You play like a recreational player standing in the middle of the table squared to the table. The way you stand makes it hard for you to hit a FH and hard to cover the wide BH. If your opponent returns your serve to BH or FH your position is comprised unless your opponent hits it right to your BH so you don't have to move.

Watch the pros, they generally serve from the BH side and use the serve to control the table. When you serve you are hoping the ball does not come back. But when it does you are not ready for it and you don't have a plan.

Work on serve and receive and 3rd ball attacks. If you learned higher level strategies, you could improve your game skills level without your technique even improving. Your game strategy needs just as much work as everything else.

You should make a thread asking about game strategies. Because it is worth hearing some different players explain some of their strategies.

Also, read through comments by guys like NextLevel in the Daily Chit Chat thread. He gives a lot of great advice on technique and strategy.

Actually I was thinking about the same, I mean ask about strategies and techniques to kill the point against the challenger and classify because not all player have the same strategy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Well, learning how to use your serve to set up your 3rd ball attack would be a start.

I'm watching videos btw, and I've seen several videos and you're right, my feet look like root hahaha, I know where will go the ball but don't know why I don't move till there...[emoji28]

This user has no status.
Hi guys, I'm a regular contributor to Ooak and lurker here but thought I'd chime in. My usual set up is Appelgren V1 with Barracuda and Vega Europe. I also have a Yasaka Extra that I've used those same rubbers. Last night I had a decent hit with a Sweden Extra with Mark V 2.0mm. It was clearly slower and less spinny. My opponent had a much easier time blocking then with my usual set up. I wasn't able to do some half hearted semi-loops and expect the ball to go over the net as I just wasn't getting the purchase on the rubber.

That though is exactly the point of Carl & co. Dominus, you are not a complete hack but are definately in the developing category and at your stage there is no room for half hearted loops. You need to develop good technique that will have you generating the spin and speed rather than the rubber doing it for you. Once you are able to do this then if you later decide to upgrade you will be a real handful. The opponents you appear to be playing appear in the same ability range, even if you are a little better, so you don't need to be blasting them at this stage. Just use the Mark V with a view to the future. Learn to develop the spin and speed with this. By using the fast stuff straight away, some of your shots will appear fantastic and you will feel like Superman but you may not reach your full potential that will have you doing fantastic shots all the time.

By the way if you are looking for a cheaper option, I found Galaxy Mars II a really good rubber. Slow but can do all the shots. I used a soft version 33 degree.

All the best.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys, I'm a regular contributor to Ooak and lurker here but thought I'd chime in. My usual set up is Appelgren V1 with Barracuda and Vega Europe. I also have a Yasaka Extra that I've used those same rubbers. Last night I had a decent hit with a Sweden Extra with Mark V 2.0mm. It was clearly slower and less spinny. My opponent had a much easier time blocking then with my usual set up. I wasn't able to do some half hearted semi-loops and expect the ball to go over the net as I just wasn't getting the purchase on the rubber.

That though is exactly the point of Carl & co. Dominus, you are not a complete hack but are definately in the developing category and at your stage there is no room for half hearted loops. You need to develop good technique that will have you generating the spin and speed rather than the rubber doing it for you. Once you are able to do this then if you later decide to upgrade you will be a real handful. The opponents you appear to be playing appear in the she ability range, even if you are a little better so you don't need to be blasting them at this stage. Just use the Mark V with a view to the future. Learn to develop the spin and speed with this. By using the fast stuff straight away, some of your shots will appear fantastic and you will feel like Superman but you may not reach your full potential that will have you doing fantastic shots all the time.

By the way if you are looking for a cheaper option, I found Galaxy Mars II a really good rubber. Show but can do all the shots. I used a soft version 33 degree.

All the best.

Great post Cobalt. Thanks.