Blade advice outer/inner ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi everyone,
Iam here for some advices for blade.

Iam left hand player with FH oriented attack. I attack on 3rd ball mostly And then drivetopspin.I try to play close-medium distance.
I play with Korbel(non japan) wood for 7years until now. And now I switch to FZD ALC to get more power on BH because a I lack power on opening topspin from BH(I want to be balanced player not only FH). But now I feel that my FH spin is not that great because short dwell time compared to Korbel and also is more difficult to block incoming topspin. so I'm thinking to switch for innerforce blade and I was thinking between HL5 and HL5X

I read that HL5 is same speed as korbel and 5x is something between korbel and harimoto innerforce.
Budget is 200€/$.

Rubber I use:
FH Dignics09c
BH Dignics09c/05
Should I give try to Outer ALC or maybe try inner ALC.

I would be happy for your reply

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi everyone,
Iam here for some advices for blade.

Iam left hand player with FH oriented attack. I attack on 3rd ball mostly And then drivetopspin.I try to play close-medium distance.
I play with Korbel(non japan) wood for 7years until now. And now I switch to FZD ALC to get more power on BH because a I lack power on opening topspin from BH(I want to be balanced player not only FH). But now I feel that my FH spin is not that great because short dwell time compared to Korbel and also is more difficult to block incoming topspin. so I'm thinking to switch for innerforce blade and I was thinking between HL5 and HL5X

I read that HL5 is same speed as korbel and 5x is something between korbel and harimoto innerforce.
Budget is 200€/$.

Rubber I use:
FH Dignics09c
BH Dignics09c/05
Should I give try to Outer ALC or maybe try inner ALC.

I would be happy for your reply
Hey MrGeorge,

Is it possible to add some video of you playing?

Just basic FH and BH should be fine.

My initial reaction is..... It won't make any difference, and to not waste any more money.

I feel people often try and gain more power from the equipment, when it's really the technique that needs improving.

And when they do change their equipment, other parts of their game get worse (as you are finding out).

Without knowing your level, and seeing your shots, it's very hard to advise accurately.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thanks for reply guys, I appreciate it.
Iam sorry but I don't have video but to put in summary I am playing regional league. And my FH is very good. I have confidence in my shot from FH and every 9/10 topspin shots land on table without no issues(with Korbel wood of course). With FZD I just need to some adjustments to angle due to dwell time compare. So consider myself as intermediate player.
For BH(with Korbel) I can do opening loops but(there was spin but no power). I mean it land behind net other side and sometime the loop was very high that enemy smash instantly. With FZD is this loop more linear and got speed so I like it but When comes to blocking incoming very spinny ball it lands to the net or overshoot table. I know I need practice but I think that still will be difficult to control. That's why I considering Inner Alc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Iam sorry but I don't have video but to put in summary I am playing regional league. And my FH is very good. I have confidence in my shot from FH and every 9/10 topspin shots land on table without no issues(with Korbel wood of course). With FZD I just need to some adjustments to angle due to dwell time compare. So consider myself as intermediate player.
For BH(with Korbel) I can do opening loops but(there was spin but no power). I mean it land behind net other side and sometime the loop was very high that enemy smash instantly. With FZD is this loop more linear and got speed so I like it but When comes to blocking incoming very spinny ball it lands to the net or overshoot table. I know I need practice but I think that still will be difficult to control. That's why I considering Inner Alc.
Recently I have chance try omar assar blade with should be inner alc type and I rly like it

NDH

says Spin to win!
It's very hard to say - We usually have a slightly different thought of how we play, to how we actually play.

My gut feeling is that you should stick with the Korbel and improve your backhand through better technique.

I can comfortably hit absolute bombs with a wooden blade and D09c on the backhand - The equipment is a fast set up.

It doesn't sound like a good compromise to increase the speed of the equipment and have it negatively affect the other aspects of your game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
It's very hard to say - We usually have a slightly different thought of how we play, to how we actually play.

My gut feeling is that you should stick with the Korbel and improve your backhand through better technique.

I can comfortably hit absolute bombs with a wooden blade and D09c on the backhand - The equipment is a fast set up.

It doesn't sound like a good compromise to increase the speed of the equipment and have it negatively affect the other aspects of your game.
Absolutely agree to improve my technique. I just want heard opinion on hl5x because on ttgearlab said its faster korbel blade. So I was considering to upgrade to this wood and stay with it. Because I think the dwell time of korbel suits me well.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Absolutely agree to improve my technique. I just want heard opinion on hl5x because on ttgearlab said its faster korbel blade. So I was considering to upgrade to this wood and stay with it. Because I think the dwell time of korbel suits me well.

But you are trying to improve by changing something that works for you in all aspects apart from one..... rather than work on the one aspect (your BH) that would improve your game more.

Again, it's hard to comment without seeing you play - But from what you've said, I would stick with the Korbel.

Unless you simply wanted the HL5. If you do, get it.

Life is too short to worry about what is "best". If the HL5 will give you a warm, happy feeling when you use it (because you love Ma Long), then absolutely buy it.

It'll be slightly easier to control than the FZD ALC, and still offer more top end speed than the Korbel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ive recently been falling in love with my Sanwei F3 pro. Its ayous wood, so its even softer than HL5. I feel it gets a lot of dwell time, but its not slow at all. Its quite springy.

Somehow it just has a great feeling and performance.
If am correct than both HL5 and Korbel has Limba and ayous as core so it should be same ?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I believe your budget should be enough for a Harimoto ALC. It is just the amount you have, maybe a little bit more, but should be just enough. If you go with Harimoto ALC, you can't really mispick. It is a great innercarbon blade with sufficient speed, control and feeling, not to mention to great dwell time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
But you are trying to improve by changing something that works for you in all aspects apart from one..... rather than work on the one aspect (your BH) that would improve your game more.

Again, it's hard to comment without seeing you play - But from what you've said, I would stick with the Korbel.

Unless you simply wanted the HL5. If you do, get it.

Life is too short to worry about what is "best". If the HL5 will give you a warm, happy feeling when you use it (because you love Ma Long), then absolutely buy it.

It'll be slightly easier to control than the FZD ALC, and still offer more top end speed than the Korbel.
I want to buy it beacuse I want avoid another price increase if come, so I want to buy it under 200$. And if I find that iam not very good to use it then I will have it as backup until improve my technique.

I see that u use Ovtcharov inner, how is it to compare FZD or Viscaria. Can u feel difference in dwell time with Lima instead of koto ?

Last question is about HL5 vs Hl5x.
Which one pick ? I don't know how is speed of hl5 to korbel but there is overall only 1mm thicker core on 5x, it's rly big difference?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I believe your budget should be enough for a Harimoto ALC. It is just the amount you have, maybe a little bit more, but should be just enough. If you go with Harimoto ALC, you can't really mispick. It is a great innercarbon blade with sufficient speed, control and feeling, not to mention to great dwell time.
Yeah I suggest harimoto as 3rd option but I want try dhs because a never had one. So now iam confused 😕

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Yeah I suggest harimoto as 3rd option but I want try dhs because a never had one. So now iam confused 😕
It is okay. If you have the money, then you could try the DHS before, but think about that twice, as money is an important factor. Good luck!
Important thing is if you want spin and control, you need the innercarbor style of blade, the outercarbon is better for speed and power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi everyone,
I want share my opinion on outer ALC. After few training sessions and adjustment of racket angle I was able to develop my FH and BH on better quality. Also blocking is very comfortable(same as with Korbel but with more power). I am more confidient on BH opening loop and also on counter-loop.
After testing the old good Viscaria, this FZD ALC has softer felling and little more dwell time on my FH loop(for me I can feel difference). Also the sound of ball bounce is different as was with Viscaria so I was shocked(I use same rubbers on both blades and weight of blades is 88g).
So my oppinion on buying this wood is very positive and Iam glad for that.
I will try to make footage from training and post here.