Blade ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Hi guys

Im coming back from a 10+ years retirement and by now im kinda lost, so im looking for some advice in a blade that could fit my style, when i played i stayed most of the time near the table, blocking with my BH and backspining with FH and also looping. Services with lot of spin. I consider myself something between ALL+ and OFF-. Also for reference i used a Donic Persson Powerplay Senso V1 and Rapid Soft rubbers, then change the rubbers for Tibhar Torpedo because the rapid soft were just to slow but i really missed the soft sponge.

Long story short right now im between the next blades i would love to hear recommendations of which should i buy:
  • Stratus Powerwood
  • Samsonov Force Pro
  • Samsonov Force Pro Black
  • Sensitec Sigma

Why those, well basically those are in the range OFF- to OFF and i can get any of those for around $40 in a local store.

So i would love to hear for any feedback or recommendation you can give.

This user has no status.
Is your Donic broken? The V1?
If you havent played with it for 10 years id pick that one up and see how it plays?

If you have i can only say that the powerwood is a good 5ply blade. I have not tried any of the others on your list.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Is your Donic broken? The V1?
If you havent played with it for 10 years id pick that one up and see how it plays?

If you have i can only say that the powerwood is a good 5ply blade. I have not tried any of the others on your list.

Skickat från min med Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback man, and no i dont have that blade anymore i gave it to a friend and the last thing i knew was that it broke in middle of a game :(:(:(

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Stratus Power Wood would be a good choice. It will be similar in speed to the Persson Power Play while helping you feel the ball more.

And since it sounds like you liked soft rubbers, maybe get some version of soft rubbers like Tibhar Evolution FXP.

This user has no status.
Fxp is a good match with the pw.. that said, if I had 40euros to blast on my backup, thats the one id change to another mxp.
57f6d0aa937e7636858b8e25811c6b58.jpg

07f5acb48e6d60ec1c52c43710d8ebf6.jpg

I find the fxp maginally spinnier on this blade over the mxp but way slower. Not foolin anybody by serving with the fxp over the mxp..

The mxp and pw is great. Fast yet controllable.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Fxp is a good match with the pw.. that said, if I had 40euros to blast on my backup, thats the one id change to another mxp.
cache.php

cache.php

I find the fxp maginally spinnier on this blade over the mxp but way slower. Not foolin anybody by serving with the fxp over the mxp..

But, Liten, he said he liked soft rubbers and when he went to harder rubbers, he missed the soft. FXP is faster than most soft rubbers. It has good control and great spin. And it is not hard. MXP is definitely hard.

This user has no status.
But, Liten, he said he liked soft rubbers and when he went to harder rubbers, he missed the soft. FXP is faster than most soft rubbers. It has good control and great spin. And it is not hard. MXP is definitely hard.

Indeed! [emoji51]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Indeed! [emoji51]

Yep. If he had said he liked hard rubbers, MXP is awesome. I definitely like it. But if he moved away from a soft rubber because it wasn’t fast enough but then missed the softness, then FXP is probably the best soft rubber out there for the combination of spin, speed and control.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Liten
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Miguel,

There is not a anywhere near enough space to list even HALF the possible blades that are in your "Zone" of appropriateness.

Several already mentioned can work fine and not cost you an arm, or a leg, or your girlsfriend's dinner moneys.

Another way to go about it is to ask some more advanced players, or even the equipment junkies at wherever tennis de mesa is played. They will be able to let you play with it so you can directly know the feel. You know your equipment appropriateness zone, so this is also another way to go.

PLUS, you don't have to pay shipping and wait. Buy LOCAL, it works.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Miguel,

There is not a anywhere near enough space to list even HALF the possible blades that are in your "Zone" of appropriateness.

Several already mentioned can work fine and not cost you an arm, or a leg, or your girlsfriend's dinner moneys.

Another way to go about it is to ask some more advanced players, or even the equipment junkies at wherever tennis de mesa is played. They will be able to let you play with it so you can directly know the feel. You know your equipment appropriateness zone, so this is also another way to go.

PLUS, you don't have to pay shipping and wait. Buy LOCAL, it works.

Just amazing guys UpSideDownCarl, Liten, Der_Echte thank you so much for all the feedback, i knew that choosing rubbers would be another equally complicated issue but you already have game me lot of ideas to think about. I really appreciate it

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
57f6d0aa937e7636858b8e25811c6b58.jpg

07f5acb48e6d60ec1c52c43710d8ebf6.jpg

An ask, why you left an space between the handle and the rubbers? For both sides...

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
An ask, why you left an space between the handle and the rubbers? For both sides...

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Thats mine. I play c-pen with regular blades. (Long handles) Ive gotten used to the gap on both sides. Helps with weightreduction/not as headheavy + I cam switch what ever rubbers between blades..