Blade and Rubber Recommendations Wanted For An Upgrade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
@AdamTT
...so, how is the new setup working out?
Really well, thank you for asking. It took a few sessions to adjust completely, partly a new set up and also having different rubbers on each side was a first for me. At the beginning I felt like I couldn't generate as much spin on serves but that's fine now.
The Euro DF on the backhand is great, really solid blocking and backhand loops and I get a great amount of control off serve returns. The Vega Pro on FH took longer to get used to but I'm also finding it great, it's just about right for me at the moment on FH Drive, not as spinny as the backhand rubber but you get a lovely sound off it when hit well. I find it harder to loop underspin but I am more than aware that's my technique rather than anything with the rubber.
The blade I also love, the weight feel spot on for me. Not too fast but was a nice step up and I feel I can control with light touch and get a decent pace too.
Am currently playing in our Handicap league, played against one of the top guys of our premier league, I'm a handicap 11, he's on 1 so I had a 15 point lead. My goal was to get over 20 points as I saw he'd wiped the floor with other people my level and managed to get one set 25-13 so the bat's doing something right!

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Point still stands, OC style blades are some of the best
There are many good blades out there,
The fact that you made the same assumption, as did SFF_lib, in that you thought the blade was the Stiga Offensive Classic, when in fact it wasn't, Failed to read the posts, and then went on to make a comment that 'whoever looked at it, didn't know what they were talking about' was uncalled for. At least they ACTUALLY saw the blade. That's what rattled my cage.

Reactions: AdamTT
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
There are many good blades out there,
The fact that you made the same assumption, as did SFF_lib, in that you thought the blade was the Stiga Offensive Classic, when in fact it wasn't, Failed to read the posts, and then went on to make a comment that 'whoever looked at it, didn't know what they were talking about' was uncalled for. At least they ACTUALLY saw the blade. That's what rattled my cage.
Don't read too much into it, it's a forum...

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
>The blade I also love, the weight feel spot on for me. Not too fast but was a nice step up and I feel I can control with light touch and get a decent pace too.

Last time I played an all-wood blade was 25 years ago. It was a pleasant surprise to me how versatile the offensive S was when I trialed it last year. As you say, fast enough for a mid-distance attacking game. Most surprising to me was how stable it was when blocking. When you factor in the price of it, I think it's definitely one of the best blades around.
All the best, LLS