Blade Recommendation for BH dominant player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Hey there,

I hope I could get some opinions or recommendations regarding a blade. I have historically used premade blades, mostly stiga. This is my first time venturing to more custom options.
My playstyle is mostly BH top-spin oriented. I dont use my FH as often as I should. I like staying close to the table, comfortable at mid length too. I play casually for the most part. Is there any composite blade you guys can recommend?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I am also a BH dominant player and although I do love good expensive blades the bottom-line really is that you can buy yourself a nice piece of plywood , cut it to shape and glue on a handle and some rubbers and you will do fine. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG20230714100400.jpg
    IMG20230714100400.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Is there a more budget friendly alternative, I checked online its about 220 cad. Anything that plays close to it?
Someone said the Yinhe Pro 01 to which I will + 1. The idea behind a viscaria is having a fairly stiff outer carbon blade.

I also just want to say that if you get a viscaria, they can be played with for a decade + (easily) and hold their value extremely well... Sometimes even go up in value (go on ebay and type black tag viscaria). It truly is a legendary blade- and for all sound and logical reasons. I would look at it more as an investment than buying some other random blade that is cheaper.

Best of luck out there my friend!

Reactions: pingprotocol
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I don’t think you‘d go wrong with either Harimoto ALC, Ovtcharov ALC or FZD ALC/Viscaria. As you can see there are pros with super strong backhands playing with those different blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Are we all suggesting to the OP to go straight to a Viscaria from a premade? To someone "playing casually for the most part"? I'm not sure it's going to yield the results OP expects...

I'm going to sound boring here, but I do really think a 5-ply controlled-offensive blade (korbel, offensive s, etc.) with older generation tensors (Rakza 7 and/or 7 Soft, Fastarc G1 and/or C1, Aurus) is the safest bet... And it's already going to be a huge upgrade from a premade bat!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Are we all suggesting to the OP to go straight to a Viscaria from a premade? To someone "playing casually for the most part"? I'm not sure it's going to yield the results OP expects...

I'm going to sound boring here, but I do really think a 5-ply controlled-offensive blade (korbel, offensive s, etc.) with older generation tensors (Rakza 7 and/or 7 Soft, Fastarc G1 and/or C1, Aurus) is the safest bet... And it's already going to be a huge upgrade from a premade bat!
Yes I agree with you. If OP can´t do 10 FH loops in a row for exampel then a Vicaria wont help. I say buy a Yazaka Sweden Extra or maybe a Appelgren Allplay with Rakza 7 on both sides and start practicing your forehand. TT will be even more fun!

Reactions: lt kettch
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

You're 100% right.

He should buy a Viscaria Super ALC. Since he plays only casually, he needs an even faster blade to compensate for his lack of experience!

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews

The OP asked for a composite blade, if read carefully his post. Korbel and Offensive S that you suggest are wooden ones.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
The OP asked for a composite blade, if read carefully his post. Korbel and Offensive S that you suggest are wooden ones.
Yes, OP asked for a composite blade and I suggested to avoid one and go for a 5-ply all wood as his first custom (non premade) racket...
Does that sound so strange to you? Is that an argument you never heard before in your life?
Obviously, OP is totally free to ignore my suggestion and do whatever he/she thinks is best!

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Yes, OP asked for a composite blade and I suggested to avoid one and go for a 5-ply all wood as his first custom (non premade) racket...
Does that sound so strange to you? Is that an argument you never heard before in your life?
Obviously, OP is totally free to ignore my suggestion and do whatever he/she thinks is best!
It doesn't sound strange, it sounds waste of time. He specifically asked for a composite blade, so he obviously knowns the difference of composite and all wood ones.

When someone asks me for a good pizza place, I don't suggest him to go for burgers. But that's just me...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
It doesn't sound strange, it sounds waste of time. He specifically asked for a composite blade, so he obviously knowns the difference of composite and all wood ones.

When someone asks me for a good pizza place, I don't suggest him to go for burgers. But that's just me...
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start an argument.
The question seemed vague enough that it looked, to me, like someone with little experience was asking for suggestions on equipment, probably asking for more than they could handle...
If you are sure that OP knows what he/she is doing, do feel free to suggest whatever you think is appropriate. I just thought it was best to throw my 2 cents in here, so that the OP sees my suggestion and may consider it, if it applies to their case.