Blades with Carbon (ALC) for someone with strong BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi Everyone,

Long time no see... :D :p EJ has already switched on again ;)
Owned and tried so far, Nittaku Acoustic, OSP Virtuoso+, Primorac JP FL - so far all wood blades. The best which I found fit me is Acoustic with ST handle (all others are FL).
After 3 months of playing occurred that my BH is really strong, I have no issue to open from BH flick, looping BH from backspin and finish really spiny and fast BH top spin.
Mostly players have stronger FH. In my case BH is not behind the FH. In most cases I finish using BH.
That's why I found that ST handle suits me better than FL because of better transition BH<>FH.
I would like to do next step choosing some ALC or similar fitting to modern tt. On Nittaku I have Tenergy 64 (max) for BH and Tenergy 05 (max) for FH. I like both, especially T64 on BH as the arc is really low over the net and BH topspin's are really crazy for returning.
In terms of blade, I'm thinking of Bty T.Harimoto ALC - ST handle as Ovtcharov one is thicker and I don't want to heavy blade. Outer ALC might be to quick (don't know). Played so far Viscaria ST with MX-P/MX-S and I didn't like it as it was much head heavy. Frankly speaking don't know whether I didn't like only blade, or Tibhar rubbers. The whole racket was so much head heavy.
What other blades as a next step instead of Harimoto one would you suggest to look at?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi!
The blade from the blade can vary greatly, including in weight. What is the weight of Viscaria and the total set with overlays? Often rubbers do not fit the blade and need to be matched. It happens that even one rubber can greatly change the characteristics of the entire racket. Judging by professional players, people with the strongest backhand have played and still play with fast, hard, short throw blades. This is apparently due to the fact that the backhand movement is much shorter than the forehand movement.
I haven't seen how you play or what level you play, but in theory you should be fine with a Viscaria blade if you could handle the speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi!
The blade from the blade can vary greatly, including in weight. What is the weight of Viscaria and the total set with overlays? Often
rubbers do not fit the blade and need to be matched. It happens that even one rubber can greatly change the characteristics of the entire racket. Judging by professional players, people with the strongest backhand have played and still play with fast, hard, short throw blades. I haven't seen how you play and what level of play you are, but in theory you should have had Viscaria if you could handle the speed.
sometime ago I uploaded short vid from 6 years ago
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/video-footage-safe-thread.26467/post-398441 #836

At this moment (when I returned to play this year - 3 months ago - 3 x week) it's much better. I don't have anything new.

In terms of Viscaria, don't know the weight of the whole setup which I was playing. But as I recall I didn't like it.
In case I would go with Viscaria for sure I would ask for lighter blade somewhere between 85-88g rather than >88g .

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I would have to go with Viscaria given your description of what you are looking for - it is not too fast, but very direct and linear.

I would also consider trying a heavier Viscaria (mine are 92g) as they tend to be more balanced with more weight handle side in my experience and so feel lighter and better in hand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Previously, ceteris paribus, a set of relatively slow blades and high-speed rubbers played better. Now with this ball, in my opinion, a set of a faster blade and hybrid harder and stickier rubbers, which, due to stickiness, are slower than tensors / tenergy, and thus give control, play better.

says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi Everyone,

Long time no see... :D :p EJ has already switched on again ;)
Owned and tried so far, Nittaku Acoustic, OSP Virtuoso+, Primorac JP FL - so far all wood blades. The best which I found fit me is Acoustic with ST handle (all others are FL).
After 3 months of playing occurred that my BH is really strong, I have no issue to open from BH flick, looping BH from backspin and finish really spiny and fast BH top spin.
Mostly players have stronger FH. In my case BH is not behind the FH. In most cases I finish using BH.
That's why I found that ST handle suits me better than FL because of better transition BH<>FH.
I would like to do next step choosing some ALC or similar fitting to modern tt. On Nittaku I have Tenergy 64 (max) for BH and Tenergy 05 (max) for FH. I like both, especially T64 on BH as the arc is really low over the net and BH topspin's are really crazy for returning.
In terms of blade, I'm thinking of Bty T.Harimoto ALC - ST handle as Ovtcharov one is thicker and I don't want to heavy blade. Outer ALC might be to quick (don't know). Played so far Viscaria ST with MX-P/MX-S and I didn't like it as it was much head heavy. Frankly speaking don't know whether I didn't like only blade, or Tibhar rubbers. The whole racket was so much head heavy.
What other blades as a next step instead of Harimoto one would you suggest to look at?

Backhand is also my strong/er side.
I would definitely recommend a blade with standard head size - 150x157.
I've never liked blades with bigger head sizes for bh.

Without further ado, please read my review :cool:
1681904351627.gif
The link is under my nickname...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I need to revise my opinion on played Viscaria with both MX-S tibhar rubbers.
Yesterday had training with my coach and tried his setup once again. When he saw how I was playing his racket and my concerns he told me nothing else but Viscaria ALC or clones (Timo, FZD, LGY). Frankly it was different. Everything was in the table and I felt everything what I wanted to play. I enjoyed it very.
He also told that if I want something slower than instead of Harimoto ALC should rather pick Apolonia but it will be ZLC and stick to 157x150 size of blades.
@BobFL nice review.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I need to revise my opinion on played Viscaria with both MX-S tibhar rubbers.
Yesterday had training with my coach and tried his setup once again. When he saw how I was playing his racket and my concerns he told me nothing else but Viscaria ALC or clones (Timo, FZD, LGY). Frankly it was different. Everything was in the table and I felt everything what I wanted to play. I enjoyed it very.
He also told that if I want something slower than instead of Harimoto ALC should rather pick Apolonia but it will be ZLC and stick to 157x150 size of blades.
@BobFL nice review.
A slower option I like very much is Innerforce ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I ordered FZD ALC (ST) + 2xD05, was thinking of Viscaria, too but as I read here current version might be as tossing the coin, will be good or not. And after introducing Glayzer rubbers (from 01Apr2023), my local BTF distributor revised price, e.g. increase the price of the Viscaria ALC. Before 01Apr Viscaria was cheaper than FZD about 28%, now the difference almost 7%. Taking this into account prefer to take FZD.

Reactions: MrGeorge and BobFL
says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
I ordered FZD ALC (ST) + 2xD05, was thinking of Viscaria, too but as I read here current version might be as tossing the coin, will be good or not. And after introducing Glayzer rubbers (from 01Apr2023), my local BTF distributor revised price, e.g. increase the price of the Viscaria ALC. Before 01Apr Viscaria was cheaper than FZD about 28%, now the difference almost 7%. Taking this into account prefer to take FZD.
Top choice and my setup.... needless to say 🙂 Please share your impressions here...