Butterfly Super ZLC blade - genuine or fake?

This user has no status.
Hello.
I'm in the market for a new SZLC blade, stepping down from Jun Mizutani. My friend adviced me to try Fan Zhendong Super ZLC blade, so I've been searching, and one guy, who claims that he imports genuine Japanese blades, reached out to me with an offer. I've always wanted to try Japanese (Not TBE) blades since I've heard a lot of rumors about the quality of those blades being better and all, so I decided to look into his offer.
Blade is brand new, with packaging and all, serial number matches the box one, and price is right - it's a bit cheaper than the price I paid for my Mizutani back in the day.
However, I'm worried about a couple of things, which I will highlight in the attached photos (J.T.T.A.A. imprint seems somewhat fishy to me, and the first A is almost overlapping the dot before it. Also, some sort of fibre is visible near the silver logo). Am I getting paranoid, or those are genuine causes for concern?
Thank you in advance!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
12.jpg

This user has no status.
Looks real to me, but it's an expensive blade, and when in doubt, buy it from a reliable source.

Also it's faster than the MJ SZLC so you wouldn't be stepping down. Why not try a simple BTY outer ALC like most pros use?
Yeah, I'm in doubt, but I so want to try the "fabled" japanese quality, as I've been playing with TBE blades all my life.

Is it really faster? I've been repeatedly told that it's the blade with the most control of all Super ZLC blades.
As to why Super ZLC - mostly because of the increased sweet spot. Coming from Maze, it feels like sweet spot has increased a lot. I'm not a fan of super-fast blades (although I'm capable enough to pilot it) but the feeling of big sweet spot increases my game big time. I've considered something like Cybershape (which has increased sweet spot as well) but I'm kinda loyal to Butterfly.
If there's a blade with similar sweet spot to Super ZLC ones have, I'd gladly step down a notch.

This user has no status.
On Butterfly chart it's reaction score was lower than Jun Mizutani's, so I figured it was a bit slower. Also, word of mouth from other people telling me that they feel it to be the most controlable in the regular SZLC range. Also, I find it curious that blades with the same composition feel different (iirc, Viscaria and Fan Zhendong ALC are the same, but Fan Zhendong one feels slower)

I like the dwell on limba Jun Mizutani has, but it "catapults" the ball from it with such a blazing force, that playing with this blade requires a laser-like focus from me. It's very tiring, and the moment I let go, it goes further than I'd like it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Funny that you hide the serial number on the blade
but show the serial number on the box.

I suggest email Butterfly Japan and ask.
I think the blade looks genuine.
if it is a fake, it is a very good fake.

That thread by the silver badge is bothering though. MIJ qualities are normally very high.

There are some "genuine" checkers check list, did you try and compare?

This user has no status.
It's not me on the attached pics,it's the seller. I guess I could ask him to take another pic just to clarify serial number on the blade and he would oblige.

As for emailing Butterfly Japan, has that ever worked for anyone? I might try that as well, but I'm not hoping for much

Yeah, going by that list, I've arrived here.I mean, it mostly does look like a genuine Butterfly blade, it's those little details that worry me, the bottom of the blade, and, if I have to be picky, something about font on the blade is a little suspicious as well

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It's not me on the attached pics,it's the seller. I guess I could ask him to take another pic just to clarify serial number on the blade and he would oblige.

As for emailing Butterfly Japan, has that ever worked for anyone? I might try that as well, but I'm not hoping for much

Yeah, going by that list, I've arrived here.I mean, it mostly does look like a genuine Butterfly blade, it's those little details that worry me, the bottom of the blade, and, if I have to be picky, something about font on the blade is a little suspicious as well
If you haven't purchase it yet,

THEN. why risk it?

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
re.
As for emailing Butterfly Japan, has that ever worked for anyone?

Nope, we've been through that many times and it never worked for anybody, especially if it is not sold by an official seller.
If the seller is official, the reduced price should not worry you. I have bought genuine BTY from Korea via ebay at reduced price.

This user has no status.
If you haven't purchase it yet,

THEN. why risk it?
Because I really want to try that blade. Also, my clubmates always tell me that TBE blades are different, compared to the blades made for Japanese matket. But now I'm seriously doubting that decision.

How much is he asking for it? Why is he able to sell it for cheaper than the official retailer?
420-ish USD. About the same price I paid for my JM S ZLC.
I'm roughly estimating the price in USD since in Russia currency works differently. Brand new S ZLC TBE blades in shops costs around 100 more USD here.
As to how they could get them cheaper, I have a couple of guesses. First being that they have a discount in a local shop and the difference between the listed price and discount is what they win from that transaction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
re.
As for emailing Butterfly Japan, has that ever worked for anyone?

Nope, we've been through that many times and it never worked for anybody, especially if it is not sold by an official seller.
If the seller is official, the reduced price should not worry you. I have bought genuine BTY from Korea via ebay at reduced price.

Most people don't try Butterfly themselves
ie Australia, its only an agent.

For the money on the table, its worth a try.