Butterfly Super ZLC blade - genuine or fake?

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
v15 is actually really light, its just the older rebranded tsp rubbers that seem to be heavy, since those were chinese style rubbers. not really a fan of t05, too high of a throw angle
By V>15, you mean Limber, correct?

A friend who owned a TT shop said that Extra was much heavier than like rubbers MX-P, R48, Nexxus EL 47 etc. and heavier than T05.

T05 is too bouncy and unpredictable for me but 05 FX is perfect on my BH and so light!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
There's plenty great cheap equipment out there indeed!

If I wanted a Viscaria, I could use a Yinhe V-14 Pro (top quality) or something cheaper and be just as satisfied.

Also I could try selling you a used Viscaria for double the price and tell you it's twice as good as a new one lol.
Guys

You can ask for half price from Thomas

• Haha
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I dunno if I can sell for half price but I do have a buttload of used BTY blades for sale for decent prices lol.
Then my friend. I'm going to give you the best advise of 2023 to you.

Spend some money, go and learn how to engrave JTTAA letters onto your blades.

You will make a big fortune!!

• Wow
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Then my friend. I'm going to give you the best advise of 2023 to you.

Spend some money, go and learn how to engrave JTTAA letters onto your blades.

You will make a big fortune!!
I would never lol! Plus they already came with the JTTAA.

They're used so I'm bound to lose some money from what I had paid originally but it was a always a valuable experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would never lol! Plus they already came with the JTTAA.

They're used so I'm bound to lose some money from what I had paid originally but it was a always a valuable experience.
oh
You have JTTAA blades already?

OP, buy from Thomas
He only has like 30~50 blades or so for sale today

• Love
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
but it was a always a valuable experience.

Indeed. I only needed to buy 1 BTY Innerforce, a beautifully crafted blade.
It was enough for me to confirm that no blade in the world is going to make me a better player and that is when I also learned that other blades will do the same job for half the money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

It was enough for me to confirm that no blade in the world is going to make me a better player and that is when I also learned that other blades will do the same job for half the money.

not bad
1 and you got it :)

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
S27e80f6f00eb402399d0b59f5ee0b82bl.jpg

Scb1bf4f9243a4da696b1d6496c238303m.jpg

Sa54d2eed0f9d47898dcf01c6922e3249p.jpg

Amazing what 42 NZ dollars can buy

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

After acquiring a W968 National, I don't consider most commercial blades including Butterfly's to be necessarily beautifully crafted, I'd say they're well made in really large quantities. Butterfly blades have an especially nice finish for exemple, they're shiny, but in terms of quality, Stiga, Yasaka, DHS or Yinhe and some of the others aren't far off at all. Nittaku's quality and consistency for the Acoustic models seems higher to me. The 968 doesn't necessarily appear to be well crafted either, but the balance of the materials used still baffles me. I think to get something actually beautifully crafted, you gotta get a blade made by some of the few really good artisans who really know their stuff like Sergio / SDC, Nate or Gerry for exemple. But the real point I want to make is that, any decent blade is good enough and a beautifully crafted blade is obviously not needed to play the game well or not. Ideally you'd want something that suits your needs in terms of speed vs. control, add feel to that if you're picky like me.

I gained a lot of knowledge and have fun trying equipment and I can pass my findings to other players, not that this is a necessary journey at all, but not a futile one either. I mostly stuck with my IF ZLC which felt more than good enough for the past 3 years, I knew it didn't feel perfect, I've come across quite a few blades and rubbers I like or really like along the way at various price points, and didn't necessarily think I could find the elusive "perfect blade for me" and stopped searching for that, until I bought the W968 which shouldn't be so expensive, but I guess they don't make so many of them, they're only sold to select distributors in Asia and mostly in China, and the recipe is something special and the QA is high. Yet maybe people will prefer a much cheaper commercial Viscaria or the likes because it suits them better, or a $40 blade for the same reasons. You don't have to be picky, and I don't believe in "you get what you pay for" (ask Salt Bae how much the thin layer of gold he puts on top of his meet costs vs. the upcharge) when I felt how good some of the cheapest blades are.

One last point, I do think that rubbers like Tenergy, H3 Provincial and National, Fastarcs and Rakzas and a few others as well maybe even beautifully crafted, rubbers are easier to reproduce, and while I'm not a big fan of German brands' ESN's, people like of even love them and they sure get the job done! And Michael's list of his favorite Chinese rubbers under $20 also has a ton of value.

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
S27e80f6f00eb402399d0b59f5ee0b82bl.jpg

Scb1bf4f9243a4da696b1d6496c238303m.jpg

Sa54d2eed0f9d47898dcf01c6922e3249p.jpg

Amazing what 42 NZ dollars can buy
I once traded for a fake MJ SZLC online with the owner of a legit physical TT shop part of a small franchise of TT shops who sell everything but Butterfly but had a used blades section with some BTY blades. This was for his own playing needs (he wanted one of my Harimoto ALC's which he ended up playing with for quite a while and to try some other blades I was parting with). I had a strong feeling it was fake after receiving it, shared the pictures to make 100% sure (didn't mention where / who I got it from), and the answer was quick and unanimous from everyone. He had no idea since he doesn't sell BTY and he didn't question me since he's a good dude (we traded before and after this as well) so he ended paying me for the blades I had sent him instead and I forgot if I gave him the fake back or not...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
By V>15, you mean Limber, correct?

A friend who owned a TT shop said that Extra was much heavier than like rubbers MX-P, R48, Nexxus EL 47 etc. and heavier than T05.

T05 is too bouncy and unpredictable for me but 05 FX is perfect on my BH and so light!
yes, also what is that hammod rubber on your forehand

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
yes, also what is that hammod rubber on your forehand
Hammond Z2 is the newest rubber from Nittaku, this one is made in Japan so not from ESN, it actually ressembles Tenergy a lot, it's very dynamic but more stable, predictable and not jumpy like T05 so I like it a lot.

It's worth noting that I'm not a big fan of the German brands' ESN rubbers with all the factory-boosting etc., I prefer the stable Fastarcs or Rakzas made by ESN. Hammond Z2 is much more like Tenergy.

I will likely switch to a boosted H3 on the FH of my newly acquired W968, but if this isn't for me, I'll stick to Hammond Z2.

Last edited: