cant move forward, wrong blade or rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
i twiddle so backhand is the vega europe fine as well

i have enough power to finish the rally so. no problem to.
what i like about the vega europe is i can push and play topspin both with safty or with power so i am less afraid in a match than with the alc with vega pro because you need a good technic and footwork

so double vega europe on the def pro is a good idea i guess

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i twiddle so backhand is the vega europe fine as well

i have enough power to finish the rally so. no problem to.
what i like about the vega europe is i can push and play topspin both with safty or with power so i am less afraid in a match than with the alc with vega pro because you need a good technic and footwork

so double vega europe on the def pro is a good idea i guess

It can't hurt to try it since you already have the blade. How much bigger is the blade face on the Defensive Pro?

It will likely be heavier with two smooth rubbers. But, it will at least give you an idea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
i would say 1.5 till 2 cm bigger atleast.
so a lot i would say.

yes but i guess to heavy
i dont like head heavy that much because of my former wrist problems

depends if i hold it in forehand than i have little pain or in backhand grip, than i don’t have problems

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
It can't hurt to try it since you already have the blade. How much bigger is the blade face on the Defensive Pro?

It will likely be heavier with two smooth rubbers. But, it will at least give you an idea.

Yeah it could be heavier, and specially with harder dense sponges, mine is 166mm tip to start of handle, 155mm max width.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Usual problem I often see in lower German leagues with young players is:
Too fast equipment
Lack of control
Going all in on the first ball

This mostly results in 10-20% wonderful winners, they dream of and 80-90% easy mistakes.
You could either stick to this or change equipment and habits. Go for a slower blade especially. Rubbers can still be sort of faster ones. Try to avoid very spin sensitive rubbers. They usually give you more problems in passive situations than you will benefit in active ones.
In practice go for consistency instead of big winners. Try to land those topspins consistently 10-20 times on the table. Also do irregular drills like you play FH and BH TS in opponents backhand and he blocks 2/3 of the left table... practice attacks on backspin.

Do all these things and you will improve quickly ????

Reactions: quanghuysk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Usual problem I often see in lower German leagues with young players is:
Too fast equipment
Lack of control
Going all in on the first ball

This mostly results in 10-20% wonderful winners, they dream of and 80-90% easy mistakes.
You could either stick to this or change equipment and habits. Go for a slower blade especially. Rubbers can still be sort of faster ones. Try to avoid very spin sensitive rubbers. They usually give you more problems in passive situations than you will benefit in active ones.
In practice go for consistency instead of big winners. Try to land those topspins consistently 10-20 times on the table. Also do irregular drills like you play FH and BH TS in opponents backhand and he blocks 2/3 of the left table... practice attacks on backspin.

Do all these things and you will improve quickly ????

yeah i guess this is my problem too and what rubber and blade do you suggest?

yeah but i guess even if it is not that heavy the weight goes to the head and it feels heavy

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I've seen the Stiga Def Pro listed at 166x156 mm, however it is also supposed to be quite light, so the overall weight is probably not going to be any more than a heavier blade with a more standard head size, if you decide to try it with inverted rubbers.
32254065-B3E5-4384-836B-862F0CC71166.jpg

mine weighs 77grams, so fairly light.

Attachments

• E3ACD54C-866F-4D1A-BBD8-9593EF56FDA2.jpg
    E3ACD54C-866F-4D1A-BBD8-9593EF56FDA2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 129
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Everything that is in all+ or Off- Range is fine... Butterfly Primorac, Korbel, Donic Waldner Senso Carbon, Stiga Offensive Classic, etc.
If you have issues with weight, you should ask for the blade with around 85g. All blades extremly vary in weight. You can get the Same blade with +- 10-15g which results in different speed and feeling.
Rubberwise you should not go with max thickness. Try to go with 2.0 or even 1.8mm for backhand.
There are pretty much rubbers that you could use for your purpose. Hard to judge without knowing too much or having seen you playing.
No brainers that usually work for very much players in these skill levels are
Butterfly Rozena
Andro rasanter r37/42
Nittaku factive (mostly backhand)
Xiom Vega Europe (mostly backhand) or Japan (FH)

Just to name some... there are much more in this range

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
okay so no allplay with mark v????

so an alc with both vega europe would be an option too?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
and i think all the time if the captain from ttd can play without an alc in this class than maybe i can play with an allround classic and 2 vega pros as well????

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is worth seeing how the Defensive Pro plays with Vega Pro on both sides. You will be able to judge what will work for you based on that.

And you are right. It will probably feel head heavy. So, regardless of the weight, it will feel heavy and your wrist may not like that. But at least you will know how you play with that.

And the suggestion of "any All+ or Off- blade" probably in line with what would work for you. And since you already know that the Vega Pro rubbers work for you on either wing, after trying Vega Pro on both sides of the Defensive Pro, you can have an idea if that will work and then find a blade that is a moderate speed without a Defensive sized head.

To me, it seems you are now on the right track.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
I never advised an ALC. I said: take a slower blade! Alc is far away from being slow. Look at the blades I advised...
On your level using carbon is not a good idea, since 95% of them will simply be too fast.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I never advised an ALC. I said: take a slower blade! Alc is far away from being slow. Look at the blades I advised...
On your level using carbon is not a good idea, since 95% of them will simply be too fast.

Yeah. Likely ALC and most other carbon blades would not be what would be best for him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
okay so it is going to be vega pro rubbers. that’s what are on my alc blade too. is max and 2.0 alright on the def pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
But i am afraid that in max and 2.0 it is going to be to heavy and than i got problems with my frist.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Did you read everything?
It is now the topic to test a slower blade not buy a new one.