Cleaning tacky hybrid rubber to keep tackiness?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I play with Rakza Z, which is a hybrid rubber, and I find that tackyness changes a bit over time, but from factors that I mostly have no control over. I use plastic sheets so I dont have to rinse it clean every time before play. I think cleaning in general reduces the lifespan of the topsheet (logical from the friction generated), so the covers makes it so I dont have to clean it that often.

One sheet of Rakza Z was not that tacky out of the package, but became tackyer after having played with it for a month or so. The latest sheet of Rakza Z was super tacky right out of the package, just as much as a hurricane. Maybe the oils from my hands is what makes a rubber more tacky over time when I mostly clean it by just breathing on it and wiping off with the palm of my hand. I use xiom i-clean water based cleaner maybe once every other week just to get any dirt that may have gotten in there and a rubber wiper from yasaka, but many good players in my club say they never use a cleaner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
My Chinese coach told me, growing up, playing with Friendship 729, just use a sponge and water to clean it every time. Once in a while use a little bit of soap but don't over do it. After 30 years, I am still following his advice.

My argument is, if the top sheet is really changing after you playing it so much, then the sponge is probably changing too. So by then, it is probably time to get a new sheet of rubber.

Also nowadays I use H3 neo. It is really not that expensive. I boost my rubber but after 2-3 months when the booster supposedly wears off, I really do not notice that much of a difference. I have a strong feeling that I just get used to the rubber by playing it 4-5 days a week so as the booster effects wear off, I dont really notice it.

I would change my rubber more often but I am just too lazy to boost. And the whole idea of ripping off the rubber after 2 months of playing to boost it again just sounds too much work for me.

So I do the above water/sponge maintenance every time I play and probably use a small amount of soap once every 2-3 weeks. And I just change the rubber every 6 months.

Reactions: Sticky
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
What's the best way to clean a K3 rubber( or similar) to keep its tackiness?
Totally recommend you revolution 3 rubber cleaner and rejuvenator, it only takes 3 drops per cleaning service and you get the job done, you only have to rub the liquid into rubber surface until it disappears and the tackiness will be there. Use the rubber film non adhesive and safe storage and it’s done.

Hope this helps.