Cross over FH, Cross over BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Watching small asians running everywhere tires me 🤣, I prefer watching Waldner, Karakasevic and Alexis Lebrun kicking asses with their control/block/counter initiative strategies LOL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Watching small asians running everywhere tires me 🤣, I prefer watching Waldner, Karakasevic and Alexis Lebrun kicking asses with their control/block/counter initiative strategies LOL

well, these 4 players don't play away from the table.
2 of them are your counter block type, but obviously, if you are only 15 years old, you need to learn all the trick in the book.
Hence, I told them to go back, far, far away from the table, and make them run.

The purpose is really just the cross over to BH shot, so if one day, they get pushed out, they still are able to attack the far BH ball.
Westerners tend to just go lobbing style.

I actually saw some training videos of Alexis, he sure ain't small, but still runs everywhere and it will make your eyes tired too 😋

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

well, these 4 players don't play away from the table.
2 of them are your counter block type, but obviously, if you are only 15 years old, you need to learn all the trick in the book.
Hence, I told them to go back, far, far away from the table, and make them run.

The purpose is really just the cross over to BH shot, so if one day, they get pushed out, they still are able to attack the far BH ball.
Westerners tend to just go lobbing style.

I actually saw some training videos of Alexis, he sure ain't small, but still runs everywhere and it will make your eyes tired too 😋

GrandMa Ni Xia Lan does not care about youngsters running everywhere: she can't run that fast anymore, but she can beat young hopes like Pavade still hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
have to admit, surprised so little likes on my posts with videos.
maybe it isn't in demand here.
will focus more on other platforms where there is more action

Don't let the lack of 'likes' or interaction with your posts put you off, I'm sure it's appreciated and people watch it. Just look at how few likes some of Dan's posts where he plays with top 20 pros get...

Also, I'm sure a certain user will be here soon to argue about your technical language when it's clear to see that your players are just moving to the ball in the normal way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Don't let the lack of 'likes' or interaction with your posts put you off, I'm sure it's appreciated and people watch it. Just look at how few likes some of Dan's posts where he plays with top 20 pros get...

Also, I'm sure a certain user will be here soon to argue about your technical language when it's clear to see that your players are just moving to the ball in the normal way.

Haha, where is that guy?

I think at the end of the day, practical implementation is worth 1000 times more than just words and theories.
One of the girls (lefty, SP on FH who plays close to the table) is lazy to move, and she has such good hand control and reaction. She could be doing so much better if she moves more (this is a common problem with U11/U13 winning points by control and not by moving, but U15/U17/U19, the game is much faster and spinnier and requires the whole package).

So 2 feeders came on board to give her a wide angle. Say around 3 to 4m or even more distance between contact point of the 2 point forehand.
She has a good attitude and willing to take on any instructions, with full efforts too, even if it is very tough.
You can actually see her smiling and still trying very hard to get there.
And I can guarantee you, all the other girls are praying, we don't call them to do the same lol.

So on a serious note, at 0:09, the 6th ball, she went for a backhand shot, as my feed angle was too much for her to cope, and she could only block it with her BH (that is normal, if you do a normal movement). But had she use crossover, she could attack it with her BH.

Sadly, the first time she did crossover backhand, was the day of the filming, so I didn't include any of her videos in.
That 6th ball shot was also one of the reasons why I wanted to work on cross over backhand with my lot.
We will work more on her technique and hopefully soon, you all can see her backhand crossover, and not just a side step backhand block

Now, any one wants to say hitting between 2 distance of 3 to 4m apart is a "normal" step. I'm welcome to feed to you and we can all learn together on normal normal step and normal normal cross over step 😋

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
The only logical progression for your players is for you to double the distance they have to cover with an extra table half (and maybe even an extra feeder for further comic effect.)

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The only logical progression for your players is for you to double the distance they have to cover with an extra table half (and maybe even an extra feeder for further comic effect.)

We do use 2 tables (side by side), but don't do that too often.

In fact, it isn't always about the speed or distance, once we get the footwork movement good, then it turns to the quality of the stroke + the endurance level of such drills.

I always tell players, the first 5 or 15 should be easy for you. How about the next 20, and the last 10? or the next 40 and the last 20?
Basically the theory is, hitting the ball and moving when you are fresh is simple, but when you are 7th game, at deuce, you are no longer fresh, and that is when the stronger player will come out on top.
Doing a drill at ball 10 versus ball 100, I would slow down the feed too, but if the player continues to move and push over his/her limit of say 100 balls, then next is to push over 120 / 140 / 160 etc. If we can't do it today, try next day etc.

That extra 10 or 20, is the actual purpose of the training, the first 100, is just "warming up" when the player gets to a certain level.

and i'm afraid the above is only endurance + footwork/movement + quality of stroke.
and that is only a fraction of being ready for the match. Game IQ is something we can't teach and just hope the player can switch on early when it counts.