Darker Products

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Calling on any and all who have been involved in the sport over the years and may be knowledgeable about Darker products.

It’s well known that Darker is primarily a manufacturer and seller of blades. I’ve found that they used to sell a range of blade rubbers that’s now limited to just two pips out versions.

Currently, they also offer towels, socks and mascot blades and a limited edition pen.

I know they used to offer racket cases, occasionally still seeing some on overseas online marketplaces and auctions.

I’m interested in seeing any other apparel or accessories that they may have ever offered.

A couple years back before I got into Darker blades, I thought I remembered seeing someone wearing a Darker T shirt at a tournament.

I’d appreciate it if anyone can tell me of any other Darker products-items ever made and share any pics if available.

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
Nishohi used to have racket cases. I bought several of those. Currently they seem to have run out of them. Only blades and towels left in their shop. Taku, the owner of the shop, is a very friendly guy. Drop him a mail, maybe he can get hold of some racket cases for you, if you are interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I believe they have a collaboration with Pandani (japanese clothes brand).
Look at this: https://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_12&products_id=5731
Thank you. Yes, I had seen that also but I neglected to mention it in my initial post.
It’s interesting what Pandani has; it seems to be a collaboration. Though I’m not aware of Darker mentioning it on their website.

Still, what I’m looking for are any non-blade products they offered in earlier years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Nishohi used to have racket cases. I bought several of those. Currently they seemed to have run out of them. Only blades and towels left in their shop. Taku, the owner of the shop, is a very friendly guy. Drop him a mail, maybe he can get hold of some racket cases for you, if you are interested.

Thanks. Yes, I was fortunate enough to snag a couple of the square Darker racket cases from Nishohi while they were still available.
I’ve also gotten a few of my Darker Jpens from them.
You’re right. Taku is a super nice guy. Very friendly and attentive. I’ve had a few email conversations with him about Darker.

Still on the search for- maybe I could use the word vintage- Darker products.
I imagine anything wouldn’t be that wide ranging. Just thinking in years past that they may have had a T shirt. Wonder if years ago they ever put out a paper catalog.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
The only vintage Darker item I own is a 7P-2A.05 Hinoki blade that has been discontinued from their 2A series for many years now. I think Spinfactory in Germany has still one in stock. It is the slowest and most flexible Darker blade I own.
I’m getting a sense you’re also a Darker enthusiast

Reactions: MK73
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Indeed, yes. 😊 And hinoki blades in general. Tried out quite a few. 7P Carbon is the winner. 😉
I’m a single ply hinoki Jpener. I know of no other company that offers as many Jpen blade models- both single and multi ply. Because I feel like Darker honors Jpen and because of their reputation for quality, I’m also a Darker aficionado

Reactions: MK73