Dear Manufacturers, Please Improve!

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
THE GOLDEN MEASUREMENTS..
In my own mind, this is the best reasonable design of paddle, to satisfy players in every aspect.
Width x Height = 153 x 153 mm

Because of the metric equality to the net heght 152.5, you can happily use this Tibhar paddle as net gauge as well.
Tibhar S-IV assimetric shape —my beloved racket for over 20 Years. Apart from other pleasures, this 4-ply paddle gives me a larger "green spot" due to the assimetric shape.
On the other hand, the modern racket shape of 150 x 160 mm as nowdays adopted with major brands is no more than a speculative numbers taken out of hat by the designers, for no good reason.

Be happy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
THE GOLDEN MEASUREMENTS..
In my own mind, this is the best reasonable design of paddle, to satisfy players in every aspect.
Width x Height = 153 x 153 mm
REALLY ? You speak for defenders as well ? Including long pips users ? 🤩

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

But it would be near the base and not the head so it wouldn't change the characteristics.

Not necessarily. Just remember how much a blade weighs on its own, and how much you’re putting on there, CG changes will change the playing characteristics.

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Actually we do not have enough larger size rubbers from China especialy reverse rubbers. They are all too small . You may like them but you are opposite of me it seems.
I only use Chinses rubbers & it seems you only use European or Japanese rubbers (available in larger sizes)
There are no large blades or large rubber sheets with sponge (either pips in or out) from China. But Chinese OX rubbers seem to be available close to large. Looks like it is a cost saving measure in case of any rubbers with sponge.

I actually use Chinese rubbers a lot and you are right they are smaller sheets. But as I said manufacturers could use two sizes so they could cater to your case too.

It would also be nice if European & Japanese manufacturers like Dr.Neubauer start separate second companies to provide rubbers outside ITTF LARC , like the creative folks in China , Indonesia etc do, This would force ITTF to adopt & not the other way around, since almost all ITTF major equipment decisions in the past 39 years were 100% politically motivated & had 0% technical merit.

This is a great idea even if it would create conflicts among some players. But I wonder what rubbers could be created if someone had no restrictions. Even pips in rubbers could be quite different I guess, it's pretty exciting what someone could cook up.
Why this wouldn't work so well is that EU/US shops would not carry such rubbers, and very few players would buy them anyways. I think in Asia the shops and possibly the players are more open to try different stuff.
And maybe the brands are reluctant to make a sub brand and sell such gear too. Since they are not ITTF approved they would need to offer it cheaper. And if players buy their cheap stuff they are not buying their expensive stuff so it's not a win situation for the brands.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Dear Butterfly! Please make your Lezoline-9 shoes not just a China exclusive. I get it you wanna cater to the Chinese market (in hush hush manner) since it's about as big as the whole world together. I commend you for the notion for giving them a professional grade sole and midsole with a cheaper upper part.
This shoe can be had for ~280RMB about 42USD on taobao. Since I owned a Lezoline Mach before I can vouch that your sole and midsole is very good, I am currently using a Mizuno Wave Medal 6 and I actually think the Lezoline Mach is better in many ways. I am about 101% sure the Lezoline-9 would be about as good as the Mach. Please put them in your catalog and start selling them internationally. Would that make half of your shoe portfolio obsolete? Sure! But guess what: if I want a white Lezoline Rifones, since it looks sick, I will fork out the money for it and so will many. If I am a bit ignorant and I don't wanna spend 100USD for your high end stuff I might just buy Joola or Gewo or whatever low end shoes and end up hurting myself in the process, but you would do the sport a favor for selling the Lezoline-9 for 50USD and give low end products a huge fucking run for their money.
Képernyőkép 2023-02-12 172555.png