Defence with Short Pips Advice

This user has no status.
Sorry for necroing this thread, but any suggestions of medium pips for people who want to try them out?

Nittaku Pimplemini seem to be discontinued too, and Yinhe Pluto seems a bit hard to find (maybe discontinued too?)

I think, there are still a few medium pips readily available (at least from AliExpress, where I buy most of my chinese stuff), only listing the ones I already own:
- 729/Friendship:
- 563 Pro: great medium pips with relatively firm cylindrical pips, sponge is not too fast, and the whole rubber only weighs around 42g uncut (1.8mm, 40°)
- 563 SP Legend: a newer iteration of 563, the sponge is faster, the pips are a little bit taller and bend a little bit easier, can be tricky to handle in intensive rallies, but there is certainly a disruptive effect; around 44-46g uncut (1.8mm, medium)

- Yinhe:
- Pluto: mostly seen with 1.8 or 1.5mm sponge, reminds me a bit of the 563 Pro, just way cheaper, the sponge is meatier and the pips are taller and wider (?), around 53g uncut (1.8mm)

- DHS:
- 874: vertically aligned cylindrical short pips (the packaging says medium pips if I am correct), very difficult to use due to a thick sponge, which acts mostly as dampening, but with greater force, it speeds up - in general, vertically arranged pips require partially different skillset, which I do not earned yet

- Meteor:
- 71-2: a very dense array of horizontally aligned short/medium cylindrical pips, can have some disruptive effect due to some bending ability, the sponge is fairly dead during the first games, but later it speeds up significantly, around 57g uncut (1.8mm)

- Spinlord:
- Gipfelsturm: very unusual pip shape (tall, slashed conical), haven't played it yet, but I will test it relatively soon

+1 (not available anymore):

- Kokutaku:
- 110: not ITTF-legal anymore! (but I need to mention it, because it was truly a very useful cylindrical short/medium pips with an unusually thick and hard sponge; around 60g uncut

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I believe its not the same as pimplemini but the Nittaku Do Knuckle series seems relatively popular for an mp nowadays, for purposes of defense.
Sorry for necroing this thread, but any suggestions of medium pips for people who want to try them out?

TSP products are discontinued. Victas releases TSP products now under the new name, but they don't have a new version of the TSP Millitall based on what I've read. Some stores may still have it in stock but that's not a good long term solution (not even sure if it's still tournament legal after being discontinued for so long).

Nittaku Pimplemini seem to be discontinued too, and Yinhe Pluto seems a bit hard to find (maybe discontinued too?)

I think, most of the TSP products have simply been rebranded under Victas..

Yinhe Pluto and it's variants are widely available...