Der_Echte up to Trouble Causing ways in Virginia

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Since I realized I needed one more resident training course to achieve my job certification... I convinced the government to send me to a former stomping grounds... in Virginia... on the condition I incur zero lodging expense.

What is a guy to do?

(Air BnB)

(Play TT at Chinese TT club in Chantilly for hours each night.)

I flew out of California at 0100 hrs on a red eye flight to get here at 11...

Now waiting for quarters to be issued so I can rat race to the tt center to meet and compete.

Stay posted here for the trouble story.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Since I realized I needed one more resident training course to achieve my job certification... I convinced the government to send me to a former stomping grounds... in Virginia... on the condition I incur zero lodging expense.

What is a guy to do?

(Air BnB)

(Play TT at Chinese TT club in Chantilly for hours each night.)

I flew out of California at 0100 hrs on a red eye flight to get here at 11...

Now waiting for quarters to be issued so I can rat race to the tt center to meet and compete.

Stay posted here for the trouble story.

What times/days are you looking at? I only play on Tues/Thurs after 8... if then

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Official pics...

5746c038f938b9aeee0cb1e761e66726.jpg
523802ea8bff1707211b6f11f3a94e52.jpg
33e1ac15e89a9351db13d00df70f2951.jpg
c6a9a0dc22cf1b67e00a7a9ebc6c06ab.jpg

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Had some epic great talks briefly with Jaspican about grip pressures before and changing immediately at impact... and how that affects the resultant ball...

Of course Jaspican is gunna use his new 2x inverted defender attacker style and use this to CHOP !! ... AND do a damn good job at it.

We had enough time for him to see me adjust to balls and for him to feel what goes on with the different grip pressures.

Lethal Weapon reboot 5 in effect.

Reactions: ttmonster
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
All in all, so many people remember me and were really happy glad to see me.

That is a strong indicator of...

- I was a good dude there

OR

- Coach bought off everyone to act nice... and have a sigh of relief after I exit next week.

Reactions: ttmonster
Had some epic great talks briefly with Jaspican about grip pressures before and changing immediately at impact... and how that affects the resultant ball...

Of course Jaspican is gunna use his new 2x inverted defender attacker style and use this to CHOP !! ... AND do a damn good job at it.

We had enough time for him to see me adjust to balls and for him to feel what goes on with the different grip pressures.

Lethal Weapon reboot 5 in effect.

|

Japsican = Nuke Skywalker on TTD
Yes, this was very helpful. Interestingly, it's something I don't typically have to do with my forehand chops. I think that on my forehand side, I match the incoming rotation pretty well and use throw to guide the height (at my level). But against really spinny opponents I naturally change grip pressure to allow for some "slippage." On the BH side it wasn't so intuitive given the fact that I've played with pips on that side going on 5 years now and adding this control element on the BH by adding some control by having good timing and varying the grip pressure definitely helped. Especially since the leverage and mechanics on the BH side are so different....and the timing is much sooner than a FH chop which tends to be easier to take lower and near the floor.

Thanks for the help there. Not sure if GMAN is on this forum or not, but got my first win against him in months, but I think that's because I was attacking a lot more ...which I tend to do with 2x inverted. Plus he wasn't as warm as me, but I'm never warmed up when I play him during the week so there. LOL

I think I'm on my way to finally being a (very) poor man's version of Satoshi Aida. Hopefully I'll get back to my normal level against unfamiliar opponents too... eventually. If not, oh well I'm pretty happy right now for once..

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte
All in all, so many people remember me and were really happy glad to see me.

That is a strong indicator of...

- I was a good dude there

OR

- Coach bought off everyone to act nice... and have a sigh of relief after I exit next week.

I think it's a combo of being an extremely good dude and (possibly) clinically certifiable. ;) Hahaha I'm opening up my DSM-5 manual right now... Don't worry, I've got a few diagnoses in there myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte