dhs pg7 vs. tibhar Stratus Power Wood & Samsonov Force Pro (both versions)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
If somebody has experience with the dhs pg7 and with one of the other blades, I would like to know whats your opinion on that, both compared.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
The Tibhar Stratus Power Wood is the only 5 ply of the bunch, so should be pretty different from all other ones.

You can find a detailed comparison of the PG-7 and the Force Pro Black in this PongProfessor review https://blog.tabletennis11.com/dhs-power-g7-review and he has reviewed many other 7-ply pure wood blades.

You can also find some general comparison of several 7-ply blades by TT-Gear Lab https://ttgearlab.wordpress.com/201...edition-vs-some-7-ply-wood-blades-comparison/

The Force Pro Black is more stiff than the Blue, that's the only thing I can say personally.

Reactions: dreto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I own both Samsonov and briefly had a PG7. All those are quite different: SPblue and PG7 may be similar , but SPblue is faster and steadier than the PG7, with a bigger handle and larger sweet spot. Simply put, it is the better blade in all aspects.SPblack(sort of a Clipper) feels harder/stiffer than SPBue but not necessarily faster it is less of a looping blade compared to SPBlueBoth really good blades in their own aspects.The PG7 was one of my biggest disappointments, so I quickly gave it away. Price wise, either SP cost only 25 euro moreNo brainer for me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I only had experience with the DHS pg7 and it’s quite a beginner-friendly blade. Very controlled and spinny not too much speed. I would say it’s like all+ to off-. Thr force pro is slightly faster.

thats kinda true, my pg7 has on each side/edge (left&right) a little ugly cut, like the guy who saw the wood was drunk or so. What does "QC" mean? But are u refering to the finsh or also to playing charasteristics? if also for the charasteristics, how do I determin if a certain blade is one of the good or bad ones? I have a read an article where its said that in a batch with 1.000 new produced blades, at least on average 200 of them are so bad that they should go instant to dumbster. I´d really like to know for what to look for to be able to identify bad produced blades from better ones.

I didnt know that Yinhe makes better quality blades than dhs in the budget category, I thought they where nearly the same, thanks for that tip.
The Tibhar Stratus Power Wood is the only 5 ply of the bunch, so should be pretty different from all other ones.
yes but I´ve read that it is speedwise as fast as 7ply wood blades and has outstanding rating at revspinet. I am curious how much they differ from each other then. Thanks for the links, they are very valuble.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Stratus Power Wood (SPW) is a 5 ply wood with composition of limba - limba - ayous - limba - limba. It is supposed to be a "copy" of BTY Korbel, but SPW is a bit thicker (~ 6.2 mm) compared to Korbel (5,9 - 6.0 mm). Therefore SPW is stiffer and faster. It also has bigger handle so anybody who hates Korbel for its thin handle can choose SPW. The other contender for this type of blade is Xiom Offensive S. SPW and Korbel have bigger head (158 x 152 type) and Xiom Off S has standard head (157 x 150 type).

Force Pro (Blue) is a 7 ply wood with composition of limba -ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-limba. It is quite thin though (for a 7-ply blade) measuring ~6.3mm. It behaves like a 5-ply but stiffer and faster. But compared to traditional 7-ply (Clipper and friends), it is considered a bit flexy, thus better for looping. Because of the catapult effect, it feels faster although in reality it is not. I would say that if you like 5-ply wood blade but want to venture into 7-ply wood blade but hates the stiffness of 7-ply blade, then you can try this Force Pro Blue.

Force Pro (Black) is a 7 ply wood with composition of limba -ayous-ayous-kiri-ayous-ayous-limba, with thickness of ~6.8 mm. In the beginning, I thought this is going to be a clipper clone (limba -ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-limba), but in a forum, I remember reading that the core is actually kiri, and not ayous. I visually compared few copies of Force Pro Black with few copies of Clipper and found that they (the cores) are indeed different. I might be wrong though. Force Pro Black behaves very similar to Stiga Clipper, but somehow my copy feels a bit faster, definitely stiffer and is better for blocking. This blade is designed for 7-ply wood blade lovers. So coming from ordinary 5-ply wood blade such as BTY Korbel, you need to adjust to be able to play effectively with this blade.

Side note:
SPW feels heavier and bulky. Force Pro Blue is somehow lighter and more balanced in my hand.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
QC stands for quality control. In general the points of low quality I have observed in DHS blades are handles that are not centered, low quality cuts of wood used (rough, inconsistent grain, joints on surface) as well as inconsistent ply thickness and outer plies that are not oriented straight on the blade.