Dignics05 and Tenergy05 hard alternative under 30$ hehee

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Read 1 reviews
แล้วแต่คุณ :p. You won't find a true alternative even above $30 but you might be happy with kind of similar Tenergy rubbers like STIGA Mantra or Xiom Vega. As for Dignics 05, I haven't played with it but from the reviews, I think it seems to be close to my own BH rubber, DHS 8-80. #Blahness can give you a better answer since he has played both D05 and 8-80.

Reactions: confuser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think Mantra Pro is the best bet if you can buy it from Taobao for 160-200RMB. That is in your budget, I guess Mantra Pro H would be a decent D05 and Mantra Pro XH would be a decent T05H replacement and the medium a good T05 replacement. (well I would probably say T19, D19 and T19H replacement, but D19 and T19H doesn't exist)

For D09c it would be easier to recommend the Loki Arthur China, as budget-wise it is way lower and performance is "similar" enough. However Loki Arthur China durability is questionable at best and a fugging liability at worst.

MX-S would be something similar to D80 but usually MX-S is above 30USD, but it's not impossible to get around that price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
I think Mantra Pro is the best bet if you can buy it from Taobao for 160-200RMB. That is in your budget, I guess Mantra Pro H would be a decent D05 and Mantra Pro XH would be a decent T05H replacement and the medium a good T05 replacement. (well I would probably say T19, D19 and T19H replacement, but D19 and T19H doesn't exist)

For D09c it would be easier to recommend the Loki Arthur China, as budget-wise it is way lower and performance is "similar" enough. However Loki Arthur China durability is questionable at best and a fugging liability at worst.

MX-S would be something similar to D80 but usually MX-S is above 30USD, but it's not impossible to get around that price.
How has the durability on those Mantra Pro sheets been treating you Zwill? It's like I just want to spend money for no reason

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023

Gross price
Stiga mantra series 37$
Dignics05 59$ T05H 55$
Which one I should choose kind of dilenma loop inside my head haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
How has the durability on those Mantra Pro sheets been treating you Zwill? It's like I just want to spend money for no reason

Very good. I used my red medium hard sheet more on BH, nonstop since I got them in Aug and now I guess I have 200-250hours of use in it and it hasn't changed much for me. Sure it has marks on it, quite a few mostly from my fingers but I have not experienced any loss of grip. The sponge is as new, didn't change. While Dignics 05, 80, 64 likes to chip off at the edges (from ball contact) the Mantra Pro is the polar opposite, it's intact. D09c doesn't have this issue, as it has thicker topsheet and possibly stronger.

My black (XH) has less play, maybe 150 hours? I really can't tell but weirdly it looks to be better. Which is funny since usually black rubbers have more visible marks and my FH gives it a lot more punishment.

Compared to a Rasanter R53 or whatever fairly recent rubber from the last 5 years from ESN it's not even a contest. New German rubbers have some thin top coat on the topsheet and once that wears off you can throw the rubber. Incidentally, the factory boost from the sponge wears off about the same time so maybe they can take 2 months at best. (my R53 lasted that much, 100h)

The only thing Butterfly has over the Mantra Pro is their lightness and brand image, Tenergy and Dignics are lighter. The Mantra Pro production consistency is also at BTY level. BTY is very good, but so is the Mantra Pro. I have a Cybershape with also Medium and XH on it and they are the same as my first ones. And just yesterday one of my teammates asked me to glue together a Rosewood 5 with Pro M and a medium pips rubber and that Pro M is also the same.
Gross price
Stiga mantra series 37$
Dignics05 59$ T05H 55$
Which one I should choose kind of dilenma loop inside my head haha
Please make sure it's Mantra PRO, very important. The old Mantra is not bad but not nearly as good.
1703713433462.png

Mantra Pro is much easier to use than Dignics or Tenergy. If Butterfly likes to use the word tolerance, the Mantra Pro is very tolerant while not sacrificing top end spin and speed like Rozena does.

I really hate Stiga's pricing scheme, in China it's 23-28USD for a Mantra Pro while in EU 50USD? Why???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Very good. I used my red medium hard sheet more on BH, nonstop since I got them in Aug and now I guess I have 200-250hours of use in it and it hasn't changed much for me. Sure it has marks on it, quite a few mostly from my fingers but I have not experienced any loss of grip. The sponge is as new, didn't change. While Dignics 05, 80, 64 likes to chip off at the edges (from ball contact) the Mantra Pro is the polar opposite, it's intact. D09c doesn't have this issue, as it has thicker topsheet and possibly stronger.

My black (XH) has less play, maybe 150 hours? I really can't tell but weirdly it looks to be better. Which is funny since usually black rubbers have more visible marks and my FH gives it a lot more punishment.

Compared to a Rasanter R53 or whatever fairly recent rubber from the last 5 years from ESN it's not even a contest. New German rubbers have some thin top coat on the topsheet and once that wears off you can throw the rubber. Incidentally, the factory boost from the sponge wears off about the same time so maybe they can take 2 months at best. (my R53 lasted that much, 100h)

The only thing Butterfly has over the Mantra Pro is their lightness and brand image, Tenergy and Dignics are lighter. The Mantra Pro production consistency is also at BTY level. BTY is very good, but so is the Mantra Pro. I have a Cybershape with also Medium and XH on it and they are the same as my first ones. And just yesterday one of my teammates asked me to glue together a Rosewood 5 with Pro M and a medium pips rubber and that Pro M is also the same.

Please make sure it's Mantra PRO, very important. The old Mantra is not bad but not nearly as good.
View attachment 27899
Mantra Pro is much easier to use than Dignics or Tenergy. If Butterfly likes to use the word tolerance, the Mantra Pro is very tolerant while not sacrificing top end spin and speed like Rozena does.

I really hate Stiga's pricing scheme, in China it's 23-28USD for a Mantra Pro while in EU 50USD? Why???
It Mantra pro series 37$ sound super interest time to escape from 2 teeth Vampire (bty

This user has no status.
แล้วแต่คุณ :p. You won't find a true alternative even above $30 but you might be happy with kind of similar Tenergy rubbers like STIGA Mantra or Xiom Vega. As for Dignics 05, I haven't played with it but from the reviews, I think it seems to be close to my own BH rubber, DHS 8-80. #Blahness can give you a better answer since he has played both D05 and 8-80.
8-80 is a very good spinny rubber, but I like D05 better for the BH tho due to the sheer speed I can put. But Hurricane 8-80 is a super underrated rubber for sure.

Unfortunately can't really be used on FH well because 8-80 is unstable at very high power impacts on the FH.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Looking for
Dignics05 and Tenergy05 hard alternative under 30$ hehee

Thankss
The marketing smarty-pants of Tamasu (Jp ) Ltd ( owner of Butterfly brand ) knows such questions exist in the mind of amateur players. Instead of them making a beeline to buy the competitors' product offering, Tamasu came out with Rozena & Glyzer. These are Butterfly's official cheaper alternative to D05 & T05. Rejoice!