Do I need to replace this blade? Now I know why my h301 costs $100 less than my Innerforce ALC LOL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
1000001292.jpg
1000001291.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Thanks everyone. Is it really true that the DHS outer layers are as resilient as with Butterfly?

I was curious because I didn't hit the table hard at all. In addition, I have never sealed a Butterfly blade, and yet I've never got splintering when changing rubbers. Yet, this is an ongoing issue with my DHS H301s and PG5Xs (sealing helps of course).

I am no Butterfly apologist, as I prefer my H301 and PG5X blades overall. There's admittedly a pleasure that comes from buying a sweet composite blade for $45 or $75)

Lastly, thanks for the solution idea. Glad I can use super glue to make it a practice blade

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Thanks everyone. Is it really true that the DHS outer layers are as resilient as with Butterfly?

I was curious because I didn't hit the table hard at all. In addition, I have never sealed a Butterfly blade, and yet I've never got splintering when changing rubbers. Yet, this is an ongoing issue with my DHS H301s and PG5Xs (sealing helps of course).

I am no Butterfly apologist, as I prefer my H301 and PG5X blades overall. There's admittedly a pleasure that comes from buying a sweet composite blade for $45 or $75)

Lastly, thanks for the solution idea. Glad I can use super glue to make it a practice blade
Butterfly blades are factory sealed, so they won't splinter. For $2, you can seal DHS or any other blades. Again, the wood doesn't know what brand it is under. But the $2 blade sealing will make a big difference.