Does anybody know the composition of DHS PG5? Is it really the exact clone of DHS Long 5?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
I have got the PG5X. It plays reasonable . However it doesn't compare well to the long 5.

The long 5have gears and its a lot faster.
I think the closer clone would be the DHS fan Bo carbon.

This user has no status.
why would DHS being the same manufacturer of the HL-5 produce a clone of their expensive blade for a cheaper price ?
Cause I’d be popular for the less experienced and frugal. Also, it’s not exactly same, it’s like a toned down version with worse quality control and finish

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
they do it the other way around. They have their hurricane long 5 which is an expensive blade and bring out more expensive and exclusive "clones" (w968) with better quality control and materials to earn more. This makes much more sense for them obviously.
Anything too similar to a Hurricane Long 5 would not make much sense for a less experienced player in the first place. If a tool is created for a master of the art you can not expect a beginner to perform with less quality clone of it. Just image a master swordman swinging his katana and now you take a clone of the high quality katana blade with rougher edged and less great handle and have a beginner swing it ending up with him cutting his own leg. That is simply not how it works like.

Stiga did what you described with the wooden version of the cybershape which is indeed better for beginners than the carbon variant trul's is rocking.

This user has no status.
they do it the other way around. They have their hurricane long 5 which is an expensive blade and bring out more expensive and exclusive "clones" (w968) with better quality control and materials to earn more. This makes much more sense for them obviously.
Anything too similar to a Hurricane Long 5 would not make much sense for a less experienced player in the first place. If a tool is created for a master of the art you can not expect a beginner to perform with less quality clone of it. Just image a master swordman swinging his katana and now you take a clone of the high quality katana blade with rougher edged and less great handle and have a beginner swing it ending up with him cutting his own leg. That is simply not how it works like.

Stiga did what you described with the wooden version of the cybershape which is indeed better for beginners than the carbon variant trul's is rocking.
Yes, it’s not for complete beginners since it’s a composite blade. But the entire thing is a catch, they’d think that “wow, this is almost like Long 5. Since Ma Long uses Long 5 ( the less experienced probably don’t know about W968), this blade also must be good and maybe I’ll play a bit more like him.”

I don’t get why people want something that is built for somebody else ???
We are all individuals. Find out what You like, fits you and go from there, not what your idol is using…

I have 13 blades and only one of them is connected to a player and that was given to me in 1997…

I have 3 Alse’rs, but these were built long after his death and are different than what he used and they were dirt cheap.

Except for this I refuse to use something with a players name attached.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
I don’t get why people want something that is built for somebody else ???
We are all individuals. Find out what You like, fits you and go from there, not what your idol is using…

I have 13 blades and only one of them is connected to a player and that was given to me in 1997…

I have 3 Alse’rs, but these were built long after his death and are different than what he used and they were dirt cheap.

Except for this I refuse to use something with a players name attached.

Cheers
L-zr
You could buy Alsers dirt cheap? How, where?

You could buy Alsers dirt cheap? How, where?
It was discontinued by TTEX. It’s not the Stiga blade, TTEX sourced it from the Yasaka factory. It was an all+ rated alwood blade, limba-walnut-ayous 5.9mm. That 2:nd walnut ply made the all the difference. It was only available from TTEX. A true gem.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Not to add to the confusion

There is Fang Bo carbon original version which I bought in 2019 and the newer Fang Bo B2x carbon.

I do not like Fang Bo carbon orginal that I purchased back in 2019. Hard to describe. Too much vibration. Not enough dwell. It does not have any rubber on it.

I have played with my friend's Hurricane Long 5. It is definitely better than Fang Bo carbon but I was not blown away by it. Surprisingly there is some flex and vibration in that blade (if you cannot tell by now, I hate it when my blade vibrates).

I have a Stuor Long 5 clone. It does not vibrate. It is not super fast either. I actually like the Stuor Long 5 clone more than the original DHS Hurricane Long 5. I guess Stuor did not do a good job cloning DHS Long 5!

Reactions: Robin0910