Downgrade bh rubber from tenergy05

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
+1 on Glayzer. G-1 and Rakza 7 will feel much slower. The relatively newer ESN rubbers don't last.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I think its a bit silly to categorize a rubbers as FH or BH rubber, that is an individual thing really...

Cheers
L-zr
Yes you are right. There is no rubber for the backhand and rubber for the forehand, but there is a combination of rubber that allows us to compensate for our physiological characteristics. All people have a shorter movement on the backhand and for most it is also weaker than the movement on the forehand. So the rubber on the backhand should be faster and softer.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I think its a bit silly to categorize a rubbers as FH or BH rubber, that is an individual thing really...

Cheers
L-zr
FH bigger swing. Hence you can take advantage of a more powerful rubber; harder sponger.

BH shorter stroke you need a more trampolinish rubber to compensate for the weaker stroke.

At least this was the ol'skool of thoughts.

Reactions: Choosikick
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have transitioned from Tenergy 05FX to lesser priced rubbers as I realized that I am not playing at a level where I can utilize full potential of Tenergy. Neither do I wish to pay 80$ every 4-5 months for a rubber.
Having said that, do realize that you will have a transition period and have to adjust to the new rubber.
I have used Donic Acuda S2 in the past and now I am using Andro Hexer Powergrip SFX. Both are 42.5 degrees hard, which in my opinion is very good for the backhand as 05FX is also 42.5 - 43 degrees on ESN scale.
Rest depends on your practice and technique.

FH bigger swing. Hence you can take advantage of a more powerful rubber; harder sponger.

BH shorter stroke you need a more trampolinish rubber to compensate for the weaker stroke.

At least this was the ol'skool of thoughts.
The old school I originate from, always used the same rubber on both sides…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: ben1229
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

Cheers
L-zr
Mark V both side LOL! Grandpa's setup.
IMG_7656.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
GoldArc 8 is a great bh rubber, much more controllable than T05, but still spinny and fast enough to win points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Cheers
L-zr
I prefer to adjust my technique, but have the same feel on both wings. I could tolerate same rubbers with different hardness like R7/R7soft or R53/R47, but how do some players play with a hard sticky rubber on FH and a bouncy tensor of BH, I don't know. I tried it and got some serious cognitive dissonance.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I used Super Sriver. With a small ball it was as good as Tenergy is today.

Cheers
L-zr
twenty years from now, I will be telling my grandchildren about Tenergy and how it was back in the days of Serperinger Seponge. Sriver and Mark V would have long been forgotten.

They would probably be using 55 hardness or more and the ball will be the size of a tennis ball.

twenty years from now, I will be telling my grandchildren about Tenergy and how it was back in the days of Serperinger Seponge. Sriver and Mark V would have long been forgotten.

They would probably be using 55 hardness or more and the ball will be the size of a tennis ball.
Wanna bet?

Cheers
L-zr

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi all! I am currently using the Viscaria with T05 2.1 on both fh and bh. Really loves it on fh but I have some problems with controlling it on bh.
Ecspecially when it comes to serve returns and I don't have any selfconfidence in using my bh so I'm bascially just driving/blocking.

I'm considering to downgrade to something more controllable, doesn't have to be as quick and bouncy as T05 but not to slow either.
I'm considering G-1, Hexer grip, Rakza7, DNA platinum M, K3 hybrid or even Mantra.

Anyone got any tips for me?
Hi Maribor,

Do you have any footage of you playing? Really helps when giving advice on equipment and technique. It also gives us an idea of your playing level / standard.
Serve returns - just BH? Or BH & FH ?
No self confidence in using my BH, BH topspin? BH loop? can’t keep ball on the table? Short game?

So a Viscaria with T05 on BH was, once upon a time a set up used by many Pro’s and is still used today. So this really is a high level set up.
One forum member advised to change the blade, rather than rubbers, this is a valid alternative to using a different BH rubber. A change to an all wood blade may benefit both BH & FH. Depending on your level / standard.

There has been lots of info thrown at you, generally good advice.