Downgrade bh rubber from tenergy05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi all! I am currently using the Viscaria with T05 2.1 on both fh and bh. Really loves it on fh but I have some problems with controlling it on bh.
Ecspecially when it comes to serve returns and I don't have any selfconfidence in using my bh so I'm bascially just driving/blocking.

I'm considering to downgrade to something more controllable, doesn't have to be as quick and bouncy as T05 but not to slow either.
I'm considering G-1, Hexer grip, Rakza7, DNA platinum M, K3 hybrid or even Mantra.

Anyone got any tips for me?

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66 and Crillo
This user has no status.
Rozena is Butterfly's solution to tenergy to be too fast,so that is the obvious choice. But there are various Tenergys that are toned down from 05, such as Tenergy 19. The Fx versions are softer, therefore more controllable.

Aside from Butterfly, Joola Rhyzm series are good, with losts of price and half the price. My favourite is Joola Energy extra, which is just a good rubber in every way.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Rozena is Butterfly's solution to tenergy to be too fast,so that is the obvious choice. But there are various Tenergys that are toned down from 05, such as Tenergy 19. The Fx versions are softer, therefore more controllable.

Aside from Butterfly, Joola Rhyzm series are good, with losts of price and half the price. My favourite is Joola Energy extra, which is just a good rubber in every way.
I second this. If you was playing bty so far and want to keep the “same” characteristics would go for t19 or Rozena and thinner version 1.9 not 2.1, then you will have more control.
I think I finished my ej journey and having a lot fancy blades and rubbers, settled to the cheapest in my arsenal… Donic Persson PowerPlay with EU/JPn rubbers. I’m tired off testing Chinese one, they are too demanding. In my age it should be easier and have fun not opposite side 🤣

Reactions: Marbor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Rakza7 sounds like a great idea. Another easy rubber with high arc and lot of spin is Joola Tronix ACC. Platinum M is great but faster, K3 is demanding etc. I like G-1 as well but in your situation Rakza7 or Tronix ACC sounds more like what you are looking for.
How much faster would you say the platinum is compared to rakza7? I’ve really considering r7 but can’t decide 2.0 or max

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Alternatively you could go with a more forgiving and controllable 5 ply all wood ALL blade until you comfortable with backhand receives and still use Tenergy 05. First get the blade and stroke right, then tune it with rubber.

I would recommend Tibhar hybrid MK.
I also love T05, but the short game turns out to be a walk on a razors edge , so I had to ditch it.

The solution is a rubber with less catapult , You will not get the sensation of firing canon balls, but it has almost as much spin…

Cheers
L-zr

says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I've tried rozena on bh of one of my korbel and it was totally disappointing, poor spin and speed, ok control, heavy rubber (my sheet is 70gr uncut).

Lazer's suggestion above is very good, hybrid mk is a great bh rubber on viscaria.

If you insist on Rozena, I can sell you mine, 1h life red colour, cut 158x152mm, it will perfectly fit your viscaria (157x150mm).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
How much faster would you say the platinum is compared to rakza7? I’ve really considering r7 but can’t decide 2.0 or max

Its faster and on a Viscaria its very fast. Rakza7 has in my opinion a higher throw and will be easier to develop your backhand loop, openings with backhand etc. On the other hand Viscaria may not be the best blade to develop those skills with but not impossible.

Reactions: Fedex78
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I've tried rozena on bh of one of my korbel and it was totally disappointing, poor spin and speed, ok control, heavy rubber (my sheet is 70gr uncut).

Lazer's suggestion above is very good, hybrid mk is a great bh rubber on viscaria.

If you insist on Rozena, I can sell you mine, 1h life red colour, cut 158x152mm, it will perfectly fit your viscaria (157x150mm).
my experience with Rozena is different from yours. First off the Rozena I am using is a second hand sheet. Take this into account when I share my experience below.

My experience: I use it on the BH side and FH side. The main adjective to describe Rozena: Control. It is definitely a tamed down version T05.

Topspin is controlled. But when there is opportunity to smash, it does it work adequately. But then I am pairing it with a 10.5mm one ply hinoki monster. So they are both compatible. The tamed Rozena is backed-up by a very powerful friend.

I am partial towards Rozena now. I allows for more rally type of play. I may get another sheet come 2024.01.01 Lazada / Shopee sale.
image.jpg

As you can see from the pic; it is a moderately worn out sheet ( six months old belonging to a U15 player who is under academy training ). Even so; she still does her topspin and smashes adequately.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeio
Oct 2022
Ehi Gozo thanks for sharing your opinion. I think it all depends on subjective feelings and own technique.

I'm pretty sure you can do everything well with Rozena, from topspin openings, to drives, to smash, to block and the like...

It simply didn't work out for me. If I'm looking to a very controlled rubber I can go towards other rubbers, saving on weight also.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
A more logical move compared to Rosena would be to switch to Glazer. Its more adapted to the new ball and is aimed at backhand play at the amateur level.
All the rubbers that you initially indicated will work well on the backhand, taking into account the harder rubber on the forehand. You may experience discomfort if the rubber on the backhand is harder than your T05 on the forehand. In my opinion, for example Rakza 7 will be better on the backhand, but G1 will be better on the forehand.