Equip selection help needed

This user has no status.
Hello!

I've been playing for 6 month now with preassembled racket. Recently I realized that I need to change it to something new that will help me develop my skills more. My coach said that I'm good in chops and blocks, so I started looking for some blades/rubbers to suport this style of play(DEF+ in general). Reading tons of info in web, I lost myself in variety of choice, so that's why asking for advice
:). Currently I found next blades I'm choosing from:
- Nittaki Kim Kyung Ah
- Nittaku Monophonic
- Stiga Defensive Wood NCT
- Tibhar Stratus Power Defence

Also I checked BF blades but info I found was too different, depending on source:
- BF Defence 3 - seems to be too heavy
- Joo See Huyk - too control
- InnerShield ZLF - high price for me

What about rubber, I'm almost decided on :
- BF Tackiness Drive for FH
- Some short pips for BH (TSP Spectol, TIBHAR Speedy Soft DTecS, BF Challenger Attack) - have to try them in my club as they are all available there to test
:)

Will very much appreciate your reccomendations, comments, or experience share on listed equipment!
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: DutToitymnTon
This user has no status.
as a defender you should take long pips. because it more annoying to play against haha. but your should take a forehand rubber that is good for attacking, I think you dont need a special chop-rubber or something like that to chop with your forehand.

I this video some guy is chopping with a tenergy 80 2.1 mm and the other guy isnt able to get one single chop over the net.

About the backhand you should definitly get some long pip rubber

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Learning Long Pips will be a huge adjustment.

A couple thing I could tell you is to use Short pips on BH. Once you learn them, you have a lot more options and you can still chop on BH, plus kill spin, hit, topspin some, and wreck havoc with a lot of Amature players at and above your level.

You wont reach semi-pro level likely, but a skilled operator of SP can surely reach top player status or near it in your city. Korea has many great amatures with SP on their BH and they are PURE EVIL to face in a match unless you can topspin the cover off the ball.

Another idea is to go thinner sponge inverted on BH. You have mentioned classic inverted rubbers and they may work for you there, but consider getting a modern rubber for FH.

EITHER WAY... go the direction you want, explore it and ENJOY it, while telling us all about it.

This user has no status.
Thank you for suggestions, I really appreciate that!
As for playing with SP on BH - original idea was same as
Der_Echte commented - be more flexible and besides chopping and kill spin, to attack some:).

What about blades -can someone share experience using some of these?

Donic defplay senso. because its a very good blade for defenders and also quite cheap

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
as a defender you should take long pips. because it more annoying to play against haha. but your should take a forehand rubber that is good for attacking, I think you dont need a special chop-rubber or something like that to chop with your forehand.

I this video some guy is chopping with a tenergy 80 2.1 mm and the other guy isnt able to get one single chop over the net.

About the backhand you should definitly get some long pip rubber

Haha, that vid was taken from a club near Baltimore where they do a tourney every month. MDTTA. I hear they had to shut down, because Walmart bought the place!