says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Product information... View for more details

This user has no status.
5 out of 5 rating for Extra Special

I used it for 4 months with CH grip.
It is heavy, even with some rubber changes. It will take about a week to start stroking comfortably.
I used rakza 7fh omega iv asia fh and lt sound fh lt plus bh.

With the rakza setup it was good for looping, close to the table with a smooth arc.
I felt some deficiency at close games, very receptive to incoming spin and i found hard to adjust.
Mid range (1-2m away) it still producing good speed and control, more than enough id say.
Away from the table i cant say because im terrible at it, sorry.

With the Calibra setup, way lighter i must say, it was better for drives and pushes, costing a bit of loop. The very soft sponge of LT Sound made every ball hit the table, medium arc, with some spin. Top spin exchange with huge direction changes was a breeze.

Did i mention is has little vibration? Compared to my previous Aries 8 and current RW V, it is rock solid!

In short--

Close-mid range
Medium soft sponges
Loop is good, topspin/smashes awesome!
Passive block is good, pushes well it some expertise.
Must watch rubbers weight, combined it can be over 190 easily!
Very durable. Not a single scratch till now.
handsome grip!
it is yasaka!
Easy to sell also, i think.
Price/Benefit ratio is little! just 70usd for a blade that will last way more than any of my dates and performs like any 150~usd 7ply all wood blade!

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
4 out of 5 rating for Extra Special

The Yasaka Extra Special is an especially interesting blade for intermediate to high-level players who prefer to operate from mid-distance and beyond. It is a fast blade, hard and relatively stiff blade, which can put opponents under pressure with long-trajectory power drives, counter loops, and active blocks. Good timing and feel are necessary for a high-quality short game. If combined with fast European/Japanese rubbers, players will be treated to an absolute rocket of a setup. If used with pips, it will create wobbly shots that can be made difficult for both the opponent and the user. Compared to the Nittaku Barwell, the Extra Special is a little bit less refined, both in terms of quality of the craftsmanship and playing qualities, being faster, harder and less predictable. However, the Yasaka Extra Special offers excellent value for money. For a full review, see: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/review-four-7-ply-all-wood-blades