Frictionless Anti players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Good match. However, your opponent almost always served too long. Serving low and short presents a problem for friction-less anti players because they must hit the ball up to get the ball over the net.

I am still waiting for a match against a chopper where you block short.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I will never ever comprehend why a player as good as you, who is young enough, fast and has a lot of training resorts to antispin rubbers, which is the "cowards" way to win opponents.... If you are good enough, win matches with your skills not with your equipment.Don't get me wrong, it's clear that you are a very good & skilled player. That's why I can't understand why you are using antispin, a rubber for old guys, who have no skills or physical abilities and aim to confuse the opponent, rather than beat him fair and square

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I will never ever comprehend why a player as good as you, who is young enough, fast and has a lot of training resorts to antispin rubbers, which is the "cowards" way to win opponents.... If you are good enough, win matches with your skills not with your equipment.Don't get me wrong, it's clear that you are a very good & skilled player. That's why I can't understand why you are using antispin, a rubber for old guys, who have no skills or physical abilities and aim to confuse the opponent, rather than beat him fair and square

Since i'm not a professional my priority is having fun. After years of training i found boring playing with 2 inverted rubbers. That's it.
If you think i win because of my equipment you're completely wrong.

By the way...new must watch video!😎

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews

Since i'm not a professional my priority is having fun. After years of training i found boring playing with 2 inverted rubbers. That's it.
If you think i win because of my equipment you're completely wrong.

By the way...new must watch video!😎

So what's your point?
Those who are playing with normal rubbers are not having fun? And why it's "boring" to play with normal rubbers? What's the fun in antispin.
Well, while it's evident that you are a very good player, I think it's also true that at least some of your wins are due to antispin.
That's true for 2 obvious reasons:
Fisrtly not many players use antispin so opponents have no experience against it, they are struggling and make too many unforced errors.
Secondly., if its wasn't confusing against opponents, you wouldn't use it in the first place. And that's a fact.

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021

So what's your point?Those who are playing with normal rubbers are not having fun? And why it's "boring" to play with normal rubbers? What's the fun in antispin.Well, while it's evident that you are a very good player, I think it's also true that at least some of your wins are due to antispin.That's true for 2 obvious reasons:Fisrtly not many players use antispin so opponents have no experience against it, they are struggling and make too many unforced errors.Secondly., if its wasn't confusing against opponents, you wouldn't use it in the first place. And that's a fact.

You’ve just proven OP point why it is so fun for anti users. It’s the reason why at the highest levels anti does not trouble the top inverted players as they have a complete understanding of how a spin ball “slips” off a frictionless surface and reverses the spin back. Instead of complaining you should try anti one time as you will understand OP’s valid argument that his material is not what wins him against inferior opponents. It’s inferior opponents not understanding what frictionless surface does to spin, there’s a lot of skill involved in using anti particular as there is no topspin to bring a block down back to a table so angle, feeling and touch are super important to an anti user. There is also frictionless anti and grippy anti which takes endless months/years of training/practice to fully grasp the intricacies to confuse an ignorant opponent like “you” :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Andrea_Aschi
This user has no status.

So what's your point?
Those who are playing with normal rubbers are not having fun? And why it's "boring" to play with normal rubbers? What's the fun in antispin.
Well, while it's evident that you are a very good player, I think it's also true that at least some of your wins are due to antispin.
That's true for 2 obvious reasons:
Fisrtly not many players use antispin so opponents have no experience against it, they are struggling and make too many unforced errors.
Secondly., if its wasn't confusing against opponents, you wouldn't use it in the first place. And that's a fact.

In this particular game Andrea is definitely not having any advantage from using AntiSpin. His opponent is playing close to the table with not so much spin. The oppenent is not struggling at all with deceptive AntiSpin shots. I also play AntiSpin on backhand and find this kind of player the most difficult to play against.

Andrea won the game with his forehand loop.

AntiSpin is mostly benificial against a player who has a very good serve and who plays the game with heavy top spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
It's not like he's playing with anything illegal - there are plenty of players that play with heavily boosted rubbers for instance - which isn't right in my opinion.

If people are easily confused or can't play against him - well thats not his fault they aren't good enough to figure it out.

There are lots of LP players in the league I play. The people that beat them are the ones that take their time and figure out there limitations. The ones that are frustrated and get angry dont win as they are too focused on the bat rather than beating the player.One of the reasons I love playing table tennis is the variety - different techniques, rubbers, blades etc.

Makes it far more interesting than everyone just playing the same with the same rubbers.

Andrea - you are a very talented player, I say keep doing what your doing, especially if you enjoy playing that way!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
What sponge thickness is he useing on his tenergy? 2.1?

and what on his anti?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I still often lose against anti-friction.
my question is simple.
if I send the ball underspin, back to us what will the ball be?
is it the same as a mirror?
Top spin! If the ball has a lot of back spin the anti/LP 0X player can aggressively block back the ball because the ball has top spin and will dive like a looped ball.

If you are playing an anti or push blocking LP player, do not do two pushes or two loops to the anti/LP player in a row. At least not until you know what you are doing and have the skill to do it.

If push a back spin ball to the anti player and he blocks it back it will have topspin, not make spin when it gets to you. Do not try to push this ball back with and open paddle because the top spin will make the ball go high.

If you loop two balls in a row to the anti player, the incoming second ball will have back spin. Many hit this ball into the net. If you know this you can be safe by pushing back the back spin ball or you can brush loop the ball. Since the ball has back spin your paddle must match or exceed the tangential surface speed of the ball or the ball will go into the net.

My practice partners will top spin a ball to my anti then back spin a ball to my anti. Basically loop one, push one.
They rarely get fooled anymore. However, if I went to a tournament, I could probably win lots of easy games from people that don't have much experience at playing anti or pushblockng LP.

As a LP or anti player it is hard to be aggressive with the anti or LP. If the opponent keep hitting no spin and not very fast balls to my back hand I am screwed unless I twiddle or am able to step around and hit with my FH like Andrea does. I am 68 now an not that mobile. I can twiddle and use my BH to make an aggressive return but I can't do that if the opponent returns the ball quickly so I have no time to twiddle or step around and use my FH.

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I just watched my own video of my practice and I can see my BH is hopeless. 😥 My FH is at least has some saving grace and able to loop properly.

My question is whether should I give up and place an anti spin ( looking at Butterfly Super Anti ) on it and just concentrate on improving my FH looping for a winner going forward?

Or

Should I persevere and keep on practicing my BH looping? I seem to have arrived at a crossroad.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I just watched my own video of my practice and I can see my BH is hopeless. 😥 My FH is at least has some saving grace and able to loop properly.

My question is whether should I give up and place an anti spin ( looking at Butterfly Super Anti ) on it and just concentrate on improving my FH looping for a winner going forward?

Or

Should I persevere and keep on practicing my BH looping? I seem to have arrived at a crossroad.

Share the video and we'll tell you 😉

Mar 2021

Share the video and we'll tell you 😉

I am private person.

Nonetheless I did Private Message one of those goodfellers that Carl approved to comment on video from another thread and we did have some conversation. ( I have even send him the aforementioned video for his viewing )

I was standing on the abyss, staring down the dark path on the verge of going into the dark side. However, that goodfeller did saved me from going into the dark side. So I will persevere a little while longer and continue to improve my BH using the conventional inverted rubber.

Thank you. Sorry to OP for derailing this thread.

This user has no status.
I am private person.

Nonetheless I did Private Message one of those goodfellers that Carl approved to comment on video from another thread and we did have some conversation. ( I have even send him the aforementioned video for his viewing )

I was standing on the abyss, staring down the dark path on the verge of going into the dark side. However, that goodfeller did saved me from going into the dark side. So I will persevere a little while longer and continue to improve my BH using the conventional inverted rubber.

Thank you. Sorry to OP for derailing this thread.

We must all resist the dark side together, fellow Jedi!