Frictionless Anti players

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Very nice 👍 very stable now with your anti.

By the way what is your final verdict on Cybershape and anti?

Specifically the inner carbon, larger headsize and overall stiffness if it works or not vs your current setup.

More detail you can provide the better 😀

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
The title is wrong. It should be Andrea's loops vs SP player.
It would be interesting to see a match between Andrea and the 2010 Pushblocker who won the Florida state championship. Pushblocker got up to the 2300s. I think Andrea would kick Pushblocker's a$$. Pushblocker relied on his LP 0X. Andrea really scores most of his points with his loops and mobility.

What I find funny is Andrea's attempts to put spin on the ball with his anti. The chopping and side spin actions are mostly for show or misleading the opponent so they over react.

When I play against SP players with Anti or LP 0X, I find it frustrating because the SP player usually doesn't apply much spin to the ball so there is none or little when I return it. The only option I have is to keep the ball low and place it. The strongest practice partner I have plays with 802-40 1.8mm on the back of a TBS. He flat hits balls that just go over the net and hits the table within 2 in ( 50mm ) of the edge, any edge. These balls seem to just skid off the table without much of a bounce. Frustrating. It is a good night when I keep these to a minimum.

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Anti is extremely strong vs pushblockers provided you have good point finishing power on inverted side.

Anti players can boss where and when spin is introduced during the rally.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
would be nice if you could do some videos with long pips with sponge.... 1.0mm or 1.5mm
maybe play some games.... see which one is more effective (anti or pips).
These are videos of how Andrea plays with the equipment he uses, likes and excels at using. Why would you ask him to change equipment and play tournaments with equipment that is not his equipment of choice. Wouldn't it be better to have someone whose equipment of choice is LP with sponge for you to see how someone who uses that equipment might play with it?

I have a feeling, if you did a search on YouTube, you could find some nice examples of that.

Or, maybe you could post some footage of you playing with LP and sponge at the thickness you have indicated. Let's see if there is anything to learn from that. But, if you do that, do it in a thread of your own that is not about Andrea showing his play with Anti-Spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
would be nice if you could do some videos with long pips with sponge.... 1.0mm or 1.5mm
maybe play some games.... see which one is more effective (anti or pips).

I can definitely make some videos where i try long pips. However, having years of experience with anti it is obvious that my game is more effective with anti than with pips.

In the meantime you can see anti vs long pips in action ;)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
A GOOD LESSON.
Here is a good lesson of how to debunk an anti player to bitter tears. Lesson delivered by Mr. Kallberg for free, thanks a lot to him.

Last edited: