Fs (selling) korbell off fl, tenergy05 (racket)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Hi,

I wish to sell my professional level table tennis racket. I live in Newcastle, UK. The racket has been used around 3 weeks or so.And after that I stopped playing table tennis. And it has been sitting in my cupboard. The following are the specs:

1) Korbel OFF Fl Blade (Price 38.99 pounds) 2) Tenergy 05 Rubber (2.1 Thickness) on both sides (Price 49.99 pounds * 2) = 99.98 pounds 3) Total Purchase Price = 139 Total Price Inclusive of Butterfly Case: 153 pounds 4) Selling price = 85 pounds

I am asking for 85 pounds which I feel is an excellent deal. The butterfly case is included in the price. Also would prefer pay pal payment as it is a secure option for both parties. Also I have official receipt that I bought this racket from teessport.com (well known uk site). This shows the prices as well as the items bought. Which I can share if needed. I would prefer paypal for payment as it is the most secure option for both parties. thank you.

Photos:
http://imgur.com/a/g00Tt

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

I wish to sell my professional level table tennis racket. Almost new condition. I live in Newcastle, UK. I have only played a couple of weeks or so with this racket. And after that I stopped playing table tennis. And it has been sitting in my cupboard for ages. The following are the specs:

1) Korbel OFF Fl Blade (Price 38.99 pounds) 2) Tenergy 05 Rubber (2.1 Thickness) on both sides (Price 49.99 pounds * 2) = 99.98 pounds 3) Total Purchase Price = 139 pounds 4) Selling price = 80 pounds

I am asking for 80 pounds (nearly 60 percent discount) which I feel is an excellent deal. Also would prefer pay pal payment as it is a secure option for both parties. Also I have official receipt that I bought this racket from teessport.com (well known uk site) lying around somewhere. This shows the prices as well as the items bought. Which I can find if needed. Furthermore will upload photos later today. Can also send photos directly to any serious buyer. I would prefer paypal for payment as it is the most secure option for both parties. thank you.

You might want to consider reading the following quote from Giang that lists the forum rules for selling. You also might want to consider posting photos. That is included in the rules, but, it may be worth emphasizing.

Also, wood ages nicely and tends to play better over time. So that is a good thing. But rubber does the opposite. Even without being played, exposure to air degrades the quality of a rubber. 1 year is not as bad as 2 years. 2 years the rubbers will still be passable but more than 2 years, even a great rubber like Tenergy starts being far less than average with that kind of time. Think of a rubber band: you take it out of the original box, new, you leave it on a shelf, 2.5 years later you pick it up to use it, you stretch it around a package that it would have wrapped around easily when new, and the rubberband snaps instead of stretching because it has lost a certain percentage of its elastic qualities.

So, you might want to specify what you mean by "And it has been sitting in my cupboard for ages." Because the actual time may not be as bad, in fact, I have a feeling it is nowhere near as bad as your description makes it sound. But someone reading that without an idea of how long ago you bought the rubbers, could come to the conclusion that they are now worthless.

Please follow the guidelines here:

1) Tags: (Please use the appropriate topic tag to precede the item title, for uniformity)
FS:
FS/FT:
FT:
LF:
**(Acronyms: FS-for sale, FT-for trade, LF-looking for)

2) TTD is not an auction site and therefore sellers must set a price for any FS items. Threads that fail to adhere to this will be deleted after a warning.

3) Sellers are strongly encouraged to post pictures of blades for sale directly within the thread, or they should provide links to other sites where prospective buyers can see photos of what is being sold. There is a lot of counterfeit products for sale around the world and to avoid forum members being tricked to buy any counterfeit products. This also allows the entire forum can then see the blade, it helps to identify fakes and thereby reduce conterfeit products.

4) It is not allowed to sell blades known to be counterfeits on TTD, even if they are identified as such by the seller.

5) Guidelines for comments and replies to threads in this section:
Out-of-context posts will be removed.
Comments or questions about the item itself are ok but sometimes negotiations and comments about a particular item can be handled more discretely by PM.
DO NOT CRITICIZE PEOPLE'S ASKING PRICE.
DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR ITEM IN SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD.

6) Close thread: (after the item has been sold/traded)
Make it known that the item is no longer available editing the title in the top thread by replacing the tag with "SOLD:...".

7) Business owners who want to advertise or sell products should do so by purchasing a banner, not through a thread. Advertising is defined as a business owner trying to promote their products and services through the use of threads, posts, and signatures.

8) Members who bump excessively (more than every other day) will be warned by moderators to stop. Also, do not open more than one thread for the same piece of equipment for sale.

9) The FS section is designed to provide a communication system that allows buyers and sellers to make contact with each other. The moderators only police the content of FS section. This forum (its owners, admins and mods) cannot accept any responsibility for the specific transactions that may result. Administration of the forum cannot police something that happens outside the virtual world of this website. However, we retain the right to take our own measures against any inappropriate activity that undermines reputation and/or proper functioning of the forum. In other words, let the buyer and seller beware.

10) The Trader/feedback section allows users to make comments about whether a member has lived up to his/her commitments in previous transactions. It provides some indication of the amount of accumulated trust, but it is not a perfect system. The moderators will ban obvious scammers and spammers, but it is difficult for us to know all the facts in the event of a disagreement. Ultimately both buyer and seller need to use reasonable discretion and precaution, including using Paypal in a way that is prudent. We strongly discourage use of the Paypal gift option for transactions here.

Here is a link to the Trader forum

11) If you are a seller, you must indicate where the blade will be shipped from. This can be an issue owing to customs, different reliability of shipping systems, and length of time for transit. Buyers may wish to consider this in their decision making.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
I bought this racket roughly a year ago. and it has been kept in a case. it is as good as new. if you read my original post, i have said i will post the pictures later today.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That is what I thought from looking at when you joined TTDaily. But not everyone would assess that. And the number 1 factor in the breakdown and degradation of a rubber is oxygen. And if it had been sitting around for ages, rather than approximately 1 year, the rubbers would not be "as good as new." Truthfully it still isn't but one year of sitting on a shelf after however long the rubbers were sitting in the packaging on a shelf, means there was some oxygenation of the rubber but it should still be good.

Unless of course you sealed your racket in an airtight container and Vacuum sealed it before storing it.

But one year is still a brief enough period of time for the rubbers to remain pretty decent.

See, here's the thing, say the Butterfly produces a sheet of Tenergy in 2012 and it gets shipped to a store or distributor for sale and sits on the shelf for 2 years, and then you buy it. Well, the packaging for the rubber isn't actually completely airtight. So, now, let's say you bought 2 Tenergy 05 rubbers from the same store. Both max. One red, one black. The red one was made produced and package-sealed in April 2012 and the black one was produced and package-sealed in April 2015. And you purchased both of them in May 2015. The Black one, made more recently, will play noticeably better straight out of he package. And you may even think something is wrong with the red one if you got the two together like that.

Now, say you have that black one for one year and it is open and out of the package and you buy a new one that is freshly produced and package sealed. That one will play even more noticeably better than the one that has been out of the package but not used for a year.

All this being said, you having your racket for about a year, the rubbers should still be quite good even if, technically, not good as new.

And all this means your price is still very fair. So you letting people know the date should ultimately help your purpose.

And that is a great blade and rubber setup for anyone who is interested in it.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Just a quick update, I have added photos for the racket I am selling. As requested.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
i don't know how to check that. it was bought from www.teessport.com. Same version as sold there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Hi,
this is korbel made in europe: korbel_europe.jpg

And this is korbel made in japan: korbel_jpn.jpg

See the difference?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
there is no way for me weigh without rubber and i do not wish to take of the rubber just to weigh it for you. also dont have any such weighing equipment. i am sure the manufacturer had good quality control and any deviance is negligible. for what its worth i found it extremely comfortable to play and i am a small guy. sorry if i cannot be of more assistance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
there is no way for me weigh without rubber and i do not wish to take of the rubber just to weigh it for you. also dont have any such weighing equipment. i am sure the manufacturer had good quality control and any deviance is negligible. for what its worth i found it extremely comfortable to play and i am a small guy. sorry if i cannot be of more assistance.

PM me to sort out a deal